• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 25 Online Franchise Thread: When you own the world you're always home

Smokey

Faze is right in some aspects. The x1 ui will probably be better than ps4. There's nothing wrong with that.. MS breaths software, Sony is hardware. On PS4 for example when I get a message from Dcx why do I have to jump though 2-3 menus to get to the message? On xbox you press the guide button and your message is in the screen . If I get a FR I have to go to a menu and accept. Then another menu to view FR before finally given an option to accept. Why is that not done in one step when I go to the notification tab or the actual FR? Voice commands work half the time. When a friend comes online why is there no notification? While PSN is way better than PS3 it's still missing the community feeling you have with people on your FL.

brentech

Funny. The adverts never bothered me because I was too busy using the features of the service that were unavailable on the other platform.
out of curiosity, what exactly were those services? Party chat and what?

Honest question. I can't really think of anything else the PS3 outright didn't have. In the time that I owned a 360 I can't really think of anything I used that wasn't available on PSN.

I can't fucking stand Xbl anymore. I only use it for hbo go but it's so cluttered with shit.

So I sign in. Every time the system asks me if I can be texted or emailed to confirm my account. I have done this multiple times and now I just back out, resign in and go about my business. Ok so I'm on the main page, I have to scroll over to services, I have to go into apps and then find hbo go.

Xbl has always been spotty for me as well. I use wireless and I get randomly disconnected every half hour or so. You can say my fios is at fault but why does this never happen on ps3, ps 4 or wiiU?

With that said I do like the ease of pushing the guide button for immediate messages but it is slow. I feel like for $40 a year this is a crappy service for me

out of curiosity, what exactly were those services? Party chat and what?

Honest question. I can't really think of anything else the PS3 outright didn't have. In the time that I owned a 360 I can't really think of anything I used that wasn't available on PSN.

It's not about features, it's about not having to go the extra mile to perform small functions that should've been absolutely standard in most UI's and OS's since 2006, let alone 2013/14.

Faze is right in some aspects. The x1 ui will probably be better than ps4. There's nothing wrong with that.. MS breaths software, Sony is hardware. On PS4 for example when I get a message from Dcx why do I have to jump though 2-3 menus to get to the message? On xbox you press the guide button and your message is in the screen . If I get a FR I have to go to a menu and accept. Then another menu to view FR before finally given an option to accept. Why is that not done in one step when I go to the notification tab or the actual FR? Voice commands work half the time. When a friend comes online why is there no notification? While PSN is way better than PS3 it's still missing the community feeling you have with people on your FL.

Not getting instant notification to restart your game to install downloaded updates, no spaces in usernames, your marquee launch shooter not having fucking in game voice chat--it hardly inspires you to want to devote yourself to their service as your main community hub gaming wise.

Who knows, maybe MS will botch that aspect of their service like they have most things though. From what I've seen it's one of the best features for their console though. I hate the paywall behind both services personally.

Smokey

I don't think xbl has anything to do with your shitty fios (and it's been confirmed to be shit over the years) or router

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I can't fucking stand Xbl anymore. I only use it for hbo go but it's so cluttered with shit.

So I sign in. Every time the system asks me if I can be texted or emailed to confirm my account. I have done this multiple times and now I just back out, resign in and go about my business. Ok so I'm on the main page, I have to scroll over to services, I have to go into apps and then find hbo go.

Xbl has always been spotty for me as well. I use wireless and I get randomly disconnected every half hour or so. You can say my fios is at fault but why does this never happen on ps3, ps 4 or wiiU?

With that said I do like the ease of pushing the guide button for immediate messages but it is slow. I feel like for $40 a year this is a crappy service for me

Pretty sure you can pin HBO to that Pinned section on the main screen.

brentech

Funny. The adverts never bothered me because I was too busy using the features of the service that were unavailable on the other platform.

It's not about features, it's about not having to go the extra mile to perform small functions that should've been absolutely standard in most UI's and OS's since 2006, let alone 2013/14.
I asked because that's exactly what he said.
Early on, Yea, live was the high water mark. Now the separation is marginal if at all because they each do certain things better. So it comes down to what the customer values more.

Mrbob

The differences between both systems is minimal now, including online. Smokey just likes to overstate things because he is a raging XBro.

I learned a pro tip myself last night. You can double tap the Playstation button to go back to the UI screen you were previously at. So you could hop right back to your friends list if you want quickly.

Sanjuro, I think MS is going to have a hard time selling a 499 box in non holiday months. Sony learned this already with the PS3. It didn't start selling in significant numbers outside of Nov/Dec until it dropped to 399.

Sanjuro

I asked because that's exactly what he said.
Early on, Yea, live was the high water mark. Now the separation is marginal if at all because they each do certain things better. So it comes down to what the customer values more.

I said a few things. Your argument is pretty piss poor when you have to move goal posts immediately. Party chat is a great feature which Sony never seemed to grasp, however is working pretty good on PS4 with some lingering menu issues.

brentech

I said a few things. Your argument is pretty piss poor when you have to move goal posts immediately. Party chat is a great feature which Sony never seemed to grasp, however is working pretty good on PS4 with some lingering menu issues.
What argument? I asked what features because I couldn't think of any others. Just a question since you stated it as an absolute fact.

Sanjuro

The differences between both systems is minimal now, including online. Smokey just likes to overstate things because he is a raging XBro.

I learned a pro tip myself last night. You can double tap the Playstation button to go back to the UI screen you were previously at. So you could hop right back to your friends list if you want quickly.

Sanjuro, I think MS is going to have a hard time selling a 499 box in non holiday months. Sony learned this already with the PS3. It didn't start selling in significant numbers outside of Nov/Dec until it dropped to 399.

How can you say it's minimal without one console even being released? The PSN is a clunky mess. If they hired at least one person who used Xbox Live regularly during the 360 years, there would be a ton of small features implemented so I wasn't scouring over all the menus trying to figure things out.

They might not move as many his holiday season, sure. In the states, Sony isn't nearly as popular as Xbox going into this generation and the prior. Even so, it's still a pretty even mix.

Sanjuro

What argument? I asked what features because I couldn't think of any others. Just a question since you stated it as an absolute fact.

Well, it is fact. Party chat did more than just give people the ability to communicate. It was incredibly useful to bring a group of friends into a single gametype or server. Something desperately lacking right now on even the PS4. I tried to join a game in BF4 with five people, proved to be a very difficult task.

Mrbob

I have no idea what is so difficult moving around the ps4 ui. It is a simple set up and fast.

Also, ac4 1080p patch now up. Ubi added some aa too.

Edit: sanjuro that is a bf issue. It is a pain in the ass to squad up in the pc version as well.

LukeSmith

This part is where I stopped playing my Xbox. It was such a pain

Sanjuro

I have no idea what is so difficult moving around the ps4 ui. It is a simple set up and fast.

Also, ac4 1080p patch now up. Ubi added some aa too.

Like I said, it's better. It's certainly still not intuitive.

"Oh hey, it's Bob! He is in a party with his Hardee's co-workers, let me join.

...Oh. I can't just click his name and join. I need to back out, find the person that created the party, then select their name, then select join party."

"Oh hey, it's Bob! He is telling me that he is streaming live!

...Oh. I can't just click his name and view. I need to select his name, then go to recent activity, then I need to wait a few minutes for it to show up as an activity, then I can watch"

It's just small things like that which add up. They have some work to do, but it seems kind of silly to have skipped those things.

Sanjuro

Why did this turn into another console war thread? The league chose PS4 this gen. All of you butthurt clowns can accept it or move on.

Jesus.

What does any of my complaints have to do with a console war? The people who are shining Sony's knob are the only butthurt people here.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone want to play Madden tonight?

I think last count we were at 20, are we just going to stack certain divisions? I really don't care what team I use.

I forgot how shitty the XP system was this year. Lends itself to a boatload of mediocre players since it's easy to improve from shit stats to mid-level

Mrbob

I think the party issue is a bf issue. In killzone you move together as a party.

Bf4 is awesome but it really needs some things ironed out.

McNei1y

I think my roommate will allow me to borrow Madden when he's not playing it. He's really not all that into the game anyway (even though he's beaten me 2 out of 3 times this past weekend). He just bought the game because it was one of the few games left at the Target B2G1 deal. He bought Killzone and BF4 with it. The other two games were Just Dance and FIFA and I already had FIFA.

Hopefully I can get them Redskins and play as them in this league!

Nightz and Phee, when do you want to FIFA?

I can FIFA after 9 ct when the Heat are done

I also discovered last night that thanks to the ds4's headphone jack, and my headphones which allow for dual connections, I can plug one side into the controller for game/audio chat and the other side into whatever source I choose, which is typically my podcasts

great shit hearing both in one headset

Sanjuro

I can FIFA after 9 ct when the Heat are done

I also discovered last night that thanks to the ds4's headphone jack, and my headphones which allow for dual connections, I can plug one side into the controller for game/audio chat and the other side into whatever source I choose, which is typically my podcasts

great shit hearing both in one headset

Yeah, PS4 is pretty flexible with the audio. I currently don't have anything hooked up to the controller. My headset will do optical and USB output.

brentech

I finally tried the headphones into controller today. Pretty sweet to just be able to grab any pair and go.

Sadly my PC headset is USB so I don't get to just roll with those though.

Before Smokey mentioned it, I hadn't noticed that friends logging on didn't show up as notification. Not sure what that deal is. When you're streaming and go into friends list, I think it blanks the scree though, so maybe a privacy concern now that everyone can stream?
Can't remember if it does that on friend's list or not. Thought it did when I added soka the other day while streaming but maybe I'm forgetting.

Either way, even if that is the case, should probably show unless you're actively streaming. Kind of weird.
Although while watching a Blu-ray or prime/Netflix I always hated the notification popping up on ps3

brentech

man, my internet has been so screwed up the last few weeks. thought it was my wireless router, but it was probably a combination of my router and my cable modem. getting less than 2mb down today, supposed to be 10.

the cable modem itself is one of those Motorola surfboards that have been around since at least 2002. I hope they replace that shit as they're coming out tomorrow to see whats up.

For weeks i've been having to reset my modem or router almost every day to get speeds back up, but its not been working the last few days. screwing up my dota time

McNei1y

Excellent.

Man, I would totally buy every Nintendo console if they would just be able to do these two things:

1) Keep MK64's control scheme and mechanics yet update the graphics and release much more maps.

2) Continue Mario Party 1+2's style where it rehashed great mini games and added to it rather than creating new ones. I wish there were more maps too.

Those two games would keep me busy the rest of my life. I still play MKDD and MKWii but they just don't feel the same as MK64. I've played a variety of the newer Mario Parties and was never a fan.

Mrbob

So, yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGb0YOH4mKg&feature=youtu.be

I think this gif posted in the gaming side thread sums up Kinect 2.0 usage perfectly:

qqYNKo9.gif

Ferny

So I wasn't sure if this is a thing, it doesn't really bother me, but I guess some PS4 systems run much louder than they should. My console seems to have this issue even if I'm playing a digital game or something. Anyone else have this problem?

brentech

So I wasn't sure if this is a thing, it doesn't really bother me, but I guess some PS4 systems run much louder than they should. My console seems to have this issue even if I'm playing a digital game or something. Anyone else have this problem?

Only thing I've noticed is the first few minutes of playing a disc game, you can hear the disc spin if the volume is low, then it seems to die off and either isn't used or just not needed as much later.

I haven't yet heard a jet engine fan have to run like my ps3, so that's a plus.

Ferny

Mine goes on much longer than a couple minutes. I may just give them and call and see what's up. I never had any problems on my first boot or anything, but I have heard that some of the consoles have a problem with overheating or something with the fan.

Mrbob

Wonder if they used different fan vendors and some make more noise than others. I can't really say this has happened to me, but I'm playing about 8 feet away with home theater system to block out any other noise.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It will be an epic battle for sure.

Too bad Eznark is banned or he could tell us how Knack is underrated.

Edit: I keep going back and forth on my XB1 preorder but I think I'll keep it.

Amazon putting it up again tomorrow morning is fucking with my head. I even have $200 store credit.

Ughhh I hate being a tech whore.

Mrbob

Amazon putting it up again tomorrow morning is fucking with my head. I even have $200 store credit.

Ughhh I hate being a tech whore.

Sweet, we can burn our 500 dollars together!

q19B9.gif

Until I bail out and it is only you wasting your money.

Total Biscuit Need for Speed PC video is the best!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDA37BmvNwM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ

If you try to unlock the frame rate from 30 it speeds up the whole game so it is unplayable lol.

Ferny

If NFS runs fine at 30FPS who cares? Sometimes I look at these complaints and I just don't know what to say. Would it be great if the game ran even better at 60FPS? Sure, but it runs pretty damn well at 30FPS anyway.

Not sure if anyone has been to this site, but it's pretty cool for tracking trophies and all that stat stuff. http://psnprofiles.com/

Top Bottom