• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
smh

clearly the league thinks this is a bad trade...you two should do what MaddenGod and Goldy did last season and reverse it and implement some type of guideline that FMT was talking about
Reverse all trades and start with new guidelines!! 2k trade rules with franchise tags applied to two defensive and offensive players that should be untouchable!

Makes it so

Trollface.gif

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If I offered the Lions my 7th for Megatron and that was the best offer he got for 2 seasons and he traded me Megatron for a 7th does that make it a good trade?

You cant compare the two. I cant keep DRC without dumping Asante. I had 4 good corners. one had to go. There's no middle ground in this. As i posted i was already denied 2nd round picks by more than one person this week which was consistant with the reaction i was getting last offseason. Whats the next logical step? Go down to a third

DCX

DCX
if you guys wanna mob against it, feel free. But ill expect all the AMAZING offers for Asante to be rolling in, right? as apposed to all the denials i was getting for a second round pick for him last offseason
Id give you something for him..you never told me he was on the block just proceded to tell me how dumb I am with my trades.

You told me about the cap and drc maybe not being resigned etc. Again nothing about a trade. Many dudes already will give you more, some lesser teams may offer way more cuase they need Asante to be a number 1.

Idk it is what it is. You can't expect us to remember who was on your block season 1.

DCX

TheCrow

CB3 said:
if you guys wanna mob against it, feel free. But ill expect all the AMAZING offers for Asante to be rolling in, right? as apposed to all the denials i was getting for a second round pick for him last offseason
Even if I knew he was available I would've assumed that he would only go for a 1st rounder or a 2nd plus players based on what CBs have been going for, which would be too much for me. I would gladly give up my 2nd for him.

CB3

Id give you something for him..you never told me he was on the block just proceded to tell me how dumb I am with my trades.

You told me about the cap and drc maybe not being resigned etc. Again nothing about a trade. Many dudes already will give you more, some lesser teams may offer way more cuase they need Asante to be a number 1.

Idk it is what it is. You can't expect us to remember who was on your block season 1.

DCX

Wasnt season 1. It was season two, this past offseason. Infact me and FMT were discussing it in the actual draft chat

DCX

DCX
What's funny is Luke almost voted no on the Finn trade on Pheeknicks behalf. He didn't feel it was fair but voted yes becuase its what he wanted.

I got six yes votes lol even from my rival :p
How they said yes to my trade and deemed this just as good is borderline insane.

No hate, no jealousy just taking everthing into account.

Makes the Smokey trade seem fair actually lol

DCX

Ramirez

I'll approve pretty much any trade, as I have for FMT/DCX the past two days. My problem with the Cards trade was that I felt like I needed to save the Cardinals from becoming even worse than they already are. You can't replace a guy like Fitz in this game, especially when he is your entire offense. Maybe if Smokey had of threw him a bone with a average WR, but to not get any kind of WR in return, I felt it was a dumb trade.

bluemax

Banned
Hmmm, if you make it a Reuben, I don't even need your pick!

Done, I'll get you a Reuben from Canter's Deli and you send me Megatron. Write it up Shadow Council.

I'll approve pretty much any trade, as I have for FMT/DCX the past two days. My problem with the Cards trade was that I felt like I needed to save the Cardinals from becoming even worse than they already are. You can't replace a guy like Fitz in this game, especially when he is your entire offense. Maybe if Smokey had of threw him a bone with a average WR, but to not get any kind of WR in return, I felt it was a dumb trade.

I agree. The Texans trade was worse than the Asante trade. But both trades are bad.

CB3

This is what it comes down to:

Ive put him out there forever. Got no offers better than FMT's second rounder last year. From the people i talked to this offseason nothing had changed. Im not going to go knocking at every persons door. I made a post that people were available for trade on my team a few days ago and no one said anything. If you guys REALLY needed a DB, i dont think its outrageous to think that i would be the person to come talk to. I have (had) 4 good ones and didnt get a single inquiry.

Again, if you guys feel the need to get up in arms at this go for it. Its gonna end up bringing me better compensation so feel free. But to act as if there was some huge market for this guy before hand is completely stupid.

bluemax

Banned
I'm mostly just trying to save you guys from yourselves.

Whatever let the trade happen, we all know the same teams are gonna make the playoffs this season and the Super Bowl is gonna be Pittsburgh and Tampa again.

LiveWire

Yea upon further review, I think it's just a rare situation where CB has ridiculous depth since the real life Eagles spent to get so many good corners (and drafted a good one). IRL Samuel is probably gone as a FA or traded for less than a 3rd. Not that my vote matters but I'd approve the trade in hindsight.

Smokey

So you already introduced bias into the approval process. It's not your place to try and save another team. He had a perfectly good reasoning for wanting to trade Fitz, and had a valid point after he mentioned using the Bengals in a different franchise.

You were just concerned that I'd run Twins and put Fitz in the slot thus equalizing our team whenever we play.

Striker

I just questioned who approved it, since my name was thrown in there and I never was discussing anything of it. Hmmph!

I had a trade chat with CB about Asante over the last draft with my 9th OVR pick in the deal possibly. But I later pulled out because I felt it was slightly too much and I eventually got Deaires Justice, who happens to be 92 OVR right now. :)

Mrbob

fire-drill-its-getting-hot-in-here.jpg

TheCrow

I'm still trying to find out who actually voted and what they voted. We talk about protecting LW or DCX from themselves and the same could be said about this trade.

DCX

DCX
This is what it comes down to:

Ive put him out there forever. Got no offers better than FMT's second rounder last year. From the people i talked to this offseason nothing had changed. Im not going to go knocking at every persons door. I made a post that people were available for trade on my team a few days ago and no one said anything. If you guys REALLY needed a DB, i dont think its outrageous to think that i would be the person to come talk to. I have (had) 4 good ones and didnt get a single inquiry.

Again, if you guys feel the need to get up in arms at this go for it. Its gonna end up bringing me better compensation so feel free. But to act as if there was some huge market for this guy before hand is completely stupid.
I understand what you are saying.

Do you understand that this getting passed rendered deals before it basically useless?

Precedent was set and with your trade, reset. This happens every year so its not a shock.

Just keep in mind, I would have jumped on sending a third for Asante, like Crow said, the value we mostly have on 90 rated players is first round or second round with decent players thrown in.

That's all. Moving on, phee I'm drafting a punter with the first be warned.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Yea upon further review, I think it's just a rare situation where CB has ridiculous depth since the real life Eagles spent to get so many good corners (and drafted a good one). IRL Samuel is probably gone as a FA or traded for less than a 3rd. Not that my vote matters but I'd approve the trade in hindsight.
I remeber you trying to bring I'm the draft value chart into madden. What happens in the NFL doesn't have anything to do with our leagues ever.

98% of what we do will never happen.

A 90 rated player should never go for a third rounder. They never had in our leagues till now.

Now I see where people say I get fleeced all the time, its the ones with the 90=third rounder mentality.

Shame isn't on FMT, or CB, its the Shadow Treehouse club. Approving this is downright crazy.

With that said, Kevin Williams is a monster! Thx McFly!

DCX

DCX

DCX
I'll offer him a fourth and a young replacement in Fendi Onobun!!

More than enough to get all 8 yes votes lol

I can't wait for this season to start!! Live v DCX bloodbowl, Devine show, Eric Berry reunion tour, and the Mike Vick experience!!

DCX

Yes I would like to. Just shopping him still since you said it was dependent on other stuff you had goin on.

The other stuff was I wasn't certain if I'd have money---but I got plenty of it now. I will re-sign some guys but before the draft I should have 30 in cap space

I still gotta save though. Britt and Verner haven't hit their pay days yet thankfully...

LukeSmith

What's funny is Luke almost voted no on the Finn trade on Pheeknicks behalf. He didn't feel it was fair but voted yes becuase its what he wanted.

I got six yes votes lol even from my rival :p
How they said yes to my trade and deemed this just as good is borderline insane.

No hate, no jealousy just taking everthing into account.

Makes the Smokey trade seem fair actually lol

DCX

What's funnier is that you think my vote on the Pheenix trade mattered since he's a division mate.

You don't get to assume what you "think I want."

All of this crying over Asante fucking Samuel, if anything you should all be happy, CB is down a nickelback from his super team.

CB3

Ill just reiterate this again:

IM OPEN TO TRADES.

Just incase i make another move before draft day and you guys complain you didnt know that person was available.

Ill listen to offers on anyone besides: Vick, McCoy, Jax, Nnamdi, DRC, Juquan Jarrett

eznark

Banned
The other stuff was I wasn't certain if I'd have money---but I got plenty of it now. I will re-sign some guys but before the draft I should have 30 in cap space

I still gotta save though. Britt and Verner haven't hit their pay days yet thankfully...

Sounds good. I should be there tomorrow but if not take the best available ROLB.

Top Bottom