• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

Smokey

LiveWire said:
2012. And is that a 6 series in your pics? Damn Smokey. Well played. ;)

Negative, 335i. Wanted to go M3 but I ran into a great deal on this one so I caved. The 135i will be quick as fuck. If I'm not mistaken it uses the same engine as the 335i (which is pretty quick stock). Combine that with the 1 series smaller body..:eek:

Congrats on your purchase, watch your foot the first couple of weeks lol :p

LiveWire

Really? What year 335i is that? That has to be a new model redesign. That front end is really reminiscent of the 6 convertible.

Yea I had some other owners tell me to go up to the 335i and were like "why go down?" But I came from a 325xi with a sport suspension and all-wheel drive, so I wanted something a little different. Plus this will be easier to park in the city, ha.

And you're right about the speeding. I think I need to start saving my spare change for a ticket fund. But really I thought you'd be rolling in like a Maserati or something with all that mad money you make. ;)

Rorschach

Just noticed Bucs are the last team to get ratings. Karma for always making fun of the fact that my team was done towards the end every year!

...'cept the last joke will be on me when Freeman is rated high 80s or low 90s or some shit. -_-

Smokey

LiveWire said:
And you're right about the speeding. I think I need to start saving my spare change for a ticket fund. But really I thought you'd be rolling in like a Maserati or something with all that mad money you make. ;)

lol gtfo
I enjoy it. Gonna get it chipped to get it close to 400 HP, a different exhaust, and some new rims and call it a day. Haven't been able to ride with top down lately due to 10+ days of 100+ degree heat down here. Type of heat where you wonder why you're even outside.

Get a radar detector.

And as we get closer to Madden release I know you all on best-coast are going to be able to get it early. I may be willing to pay up if yall could hook ya boy up with a copy.

Birdman02

Smokey said:
lol gtfo
I enjoy it. Gonna get it chipped to get it close to 400 HP, a different exhaust, and some new rims and call it a day. Haven't been able to ride with top down lately due to 10+ days of 100+ degree heat down here. Type of heat where you wonder why you're even outside.

Get a radar detector.

And as we get closer to Madden release I know you all on best-coast are going to be able to get it early. I may be willing to pay up if yall could hook ya boy up with a copy.

I can't get in on the car discussion because mine suck, but I can talk about heat. We just finished a run of close to 40 straight days over 100 last week....followed by a couple of days at 99. This heat is just ridiculous. It's sad when I break a sweat just walking out to my car.

Smokey

Nightz said:
People here complain when the temperature is in the mid to high 80's. >_> I feel for you guys.

It's crazy man. See that yellow spot across the street in my neighbors yard? That's "grass" lool. At this point alot of people don't even make an attempt to water their lawns.

Birdman02 said:
I can't get in on the car discussion because mine suck, but I can talk about heat. We just finished a run of close to 40 straight days over 100 last week....followed by a couple of days at 99. This heat is just ridiculous. It's sad when I break a sweat just walking out to my car.

I didn't think it was possible to get much hotter than it is in the H, but it is BAKING in Dallas. We have heat and high humidity which is jus awful, but Dallas? Dallas has straight I'm gonna turn from black to purple if I'm out here too long type heat. I was there a few weeks ago in the Galleria mall with some people. How the fuck can you be on the top floor of a mall and start sweating inside from the heat?

Horrible.

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
Sims-Walker will be in the first update, at least I'll have one receiver with an 80 OVR....lol
At least you get a QB and an offensive line. Check out the Raiders. -_- No TE, no WRs, no OL, no QB...

LiveWire

Smokey said:
lol gtfo

Get a radar detector.

Yea I need to look up the radar detector laws (it was illegal to own one in VA; my dashboard XM radio was questioned every time by cops when I got pulled over there). I've heard it's relatively inexpensive to get that HP upgrade, so I may have to do that. Primary concern of course is to not void the warranty.

If y'all don't want that 100+ heat, send it my way along with the sunshine. It's fucking 50 degrees at night here and barely gets to 75 every day. It's August ferchrissakes.

Ramirez

Weather has been miserable in Ky all summer, like Birdman said, you shouldn't be breaking a sweat when you walk to your car. On top of that, it's so hot that my A/C doesn't even cool the car down if I start it before I leave, lol.

bluemax

Banned
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:

Man Kam Chancellor better get a massive ratings boost, otherwise I'm gonna get victimized at safety.

Also how the fuck is Earl Thomas rated lower than Eric Berry? That is some serious bullshit.

At least BMW has a more acceptable rating this season.

Now I have to wait for the Vikings ratings to see what T-Jack and Rice are rated at.

Rorschach said:
At least you get a QB and an offensive line. Check out the Raiders. -_- No TE, no WRs, no OL, no QB...

Your Super Bowl title will be even more impressive than usual!

BigAT

Jdez15 said:
Yo guys I'm interested send me a message when it starts please.
After seeing your delightful personality in the NFL thread?

michael-jordan-lol.gif

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Why does everyone want the Pats? The way NFL-Age normally acts I couldn't even give away the team.
No one wants them. Madden GAF can proudly say that the Pats have never won anything in the history of the GAF leagues. Even uber hero 99.99999 Pats team couldn't win anything! It's got to be karma.

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
No one wants them. Madden GAF can proudly say that the Pats have never won anything in the history of the GAF leagues. Even uber hero 99.99999 Pats team couldn't win anything! It's got to be karma.
Enough is Enough. It's time for a change!

I know that there's an online franchise thread, but does anybody have any interest in doing a Gaf Madden community? Communities are the big new feature in Madden online this year and might fit us pretty well. I'm thinking of tossing up a thread about it.

*edit*
I'd be happy to jump into a Madden '12 franchise as well, although I'm really not sure how League Manager is going to work this year. It sounds like they're really well integrated with Madden '12, but I can't quite figure out how.

Communities is like a semi-private ladder... I guess most similar to how you might have had, like, Psychostats on a Counter-Strike server back in the day (I really don't know if that sort of stuff still exists anymore). You can have up to 2,000 people in your "community" and you can set house rules, settings, sliders, and so on, for every game. People challenge each other within that ladder.

You can have multiple admins of it and it may be accessible on your computer for stats, ladders, etc.

It is sort of like an unstructured league but for casuals like myself it sounds pretty awesome. I *HATE* playing pub online games because you know within about 30 seconds whether the player plays a legitimate style of football or whether he's going to abuse the engine to take advantage of glitches and AI faults. So, with a good community, it could really help.

IF there's interest I'll put up an OT about it. With Madden now out into community member's hands, it'll help to figure out how it works. I'm a little disappointed that EA didn't ship Madden to me this year. I used to be a somebody, now I'm a nobody :(

Smokey

The Albatross said:
Communities is like a semi-private ladder... I guess most similar to how you might have had, like, Psychostats on a Counter-Strike server back in the day (I really don't know if that sort of stuff still exists anymore). You can have up to 2,000 people in your "community" and you can set house rules, settings, sliders, and so on, for every game. People challenge each other within that ladder.

You can have multiple admins of it and it may be accessible on your computer for stats, ladders, etc.

It is sort of like an unstructured league but for casuals like myself it sounds pretty awesome. I *HATE* playing pub online games because you know within about 30 seconds whether the player plays a legitimate style of football or whether he's going to abuse the engine to take advantage of glitches and AI faults. So, with a good community, it could really help.

IF there's interest I'll put up an OT about it. With Madden now out into community member's hands, it'll help to figure out how it works. I'm a little disappointed that EA didn't ship Madden to me this year. I used to be a somebody, now I'm a nobody :(

Do it.

Sounds interesting.

truthfully i haven't even really read up on the community stuff. definitely interested though, especially for our scrimages! it's a shame we couldn't import our franchise teams to get some true practice time with our updated rosters....

i can't really create the league manager thing until i have created the online franchise (it asks for the online franchise extension from the EA site which i wont have until that's done).

i really wanted to get everyone signed up on leaguemanager before the game came out so i could see who was good at meeting deadlines but i guess that won't happen :(

i'll finalize the roster of who is in next week and have the backup list as well. if you are on the list right now, and you ARENT playing, then say something asap. thanks bruh's

DCX

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Packers

Vikings

McNabb vs Ponder is a pretty real qb competition. I think I'd take Ponder, but then again AP + a deep game sounds nice.
I would try to trade McNabb for a second or third rounder and start Ponder. Miami, Seatle and San Fran need QBS.

DCX

Top Bottom