• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

hey bros, this isn't the official thread but it's probably going to take a lot of recruiting and time to get a potential full 32 man league this year. a lot of people are dissatisfied with the lack of online franchise improvements and i can understand that. but we will be linking our league to a site with free agency, full stat tracking and so on. this will improve the online franchise in my opinion and really don't add much work on the users end. the website is: http://myleaguemanager.net/

leagueManager is an initiative started by Madden fan Derek Adams to improve the quality of the online franchise experience for Madden fans. leagueManager allows Madden online franchise users to maintain a league salary cap, player contracts, free agency auction-style bidding, advanced stat tracking for the life of the franchise, power rankings, yearly awards & weekly awards, pro-bowl rosters and more for free.

even without the site, and with all the problems, i had a genuine good time in last years seasons. i think it would have been more successful without the disconnect issues early in the franchise which caused people to quit. hopefully EA has that straightened out this time! it will be difficult to get 32 people on board but i think its possible if the good vibes about madden '12 continue. so if you are even remotely interested, post here and patrick willis willing, we will have a full league.

--------

AFC East
Pats - Sanjuro
Bills - LJ11*
Dolphins - pheeniks
Jets - Ferny73

AFC West
Raiders - rorschach
Broncos - Crow
Chiefs - daw840
Chargers - Nightz

AFC North
Steelers - ramirez
Browns - striker
Bengals - eznark
Ravens - In Effect-mode*

AFC South
Colts - Luke
Jags - peterboy
Texans - Smokey
Titans - lonestar*

NFC East
Cowboys - Somnia
Giants - Wellington
Redskins - livewire
Eagles - coldblooded

NFC West
49ers - FMT
Cardinals - Marleyman
Seahawks - Bluemax
Rams - Storybook

NFC North
Packers - BigAT
Bears - Levious
Lions - Goldlion
Vikings - Mcneily

NFC South
Panthers - GCQ
Falcons - DCX
Saints - Birdman
Bucs - DMczaf
-------

backups as of now:
MikeyRage
Mikey
denogginizer

LukeSmith

Colts_jpg_600x345_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

McNei1y

I'd like to go Redskins but if the person from last year wants to get em, I'll be down to grab the Jags again lol

Ramirez

McNei1y said:
I'd like to go Redskins but if the person from last year wants to get em, I'll be down to grab the Jags again lol

You could always play him for them, you'd win for sure.

20110128203738!Trollface.png

McNei1y

Ramirez said:
Wait, you're worse than Livewire?

Ohhhh.

At least I don't think I am. I've never played him yet heheh.

On second thought:

1. Redskins
2. Vikings
3. Jaguars

I don't even know official rosters yet so I don't know who I want to be but I'm definitely game for this league again.

Striker

I'm interested if we aren't forced to use Gameflow. That garbage made me want to punch an elderly. Aren't the audibles fixed from last year too? I thought they patched it.

That said,

jq2k9u.jpg

GCQuinton

qq3muq.jpg

You already had me but I'm just confirming it. To be honest, I'm tempted to give offline another shot this year with all the stuff that side's added. I'll give online a shot first, though.

I like what I've seen so far of Madden 12 so tentatively put me interested. My first choice will be the Chiefs, second the Rams. Wouldn't be fair for me to play for the Falcons since I bailed after the first season last year but there's always Madden 13! :jnc

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
You could always play him for them, you'd win for sure.

Says the guy who lost (badly) to me filling in for the Browns against his (always overrated) Steelers, and then promptly quit the league afterwards?

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
Says the guy who lost (badly) to me filling in for the Browns against his (always overrated) Steelers, and then promptly quit the league afterwards?

Whaaa? I quit after Patrick Cobbs (lol who) ran for 150 yards and broke 20 tackles. I don't even remember playing you.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ramirez said:
Whaaa? I quit after Patrick Cobbs (lol who) ran for 150 yards and broke 20 tackles. I don't even remember playing you.

thats not that much better...

Ramirez said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23749079&postcount=4996

Took me a while to dig that up, but pretty much every page had someone saying how bad the game was. Last year's league should be wiped from existence, a truly terrible year.

the game was improved from madden '10 on the field. the problem was all the disconnects. anyone who says different was just making excuses not to play. i know it was frustrating with the disconnects so i really can't blame people from that angle. but to say the game was horrible compared to madden '10 is wrong

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the game was improved from madden '10 on the field. the problem was all the disconnects. anyone who says different was just making excuses not to play. i know it was frustrating with the disconnects so i really can't blame people from that angle. but to say the game was horrible compared to madden '10 is wrong

The NFL still hasn't responded to my "The Bucs have too many injuries, can you patch the league?" letter.

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
There were certainly some aspects that were improved, but it wasn't all positive changes. Mandatory GameFlow and the castrated playbooks were definitely both steps backward.

Birdman02

Ramirez said:

Patrick Cobbs <3

I'll run with the Saints again if that's OK!

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
It was funny because the next week, the Saints had a no-name, practice squad running back break 150 in real life. lol

Didn't he keep up his performance until he got injured? Cobbs had been a no name scrub with like -6 rushing yards in his entire career. Not really the same thing...

The amount of broken tackles in last year's game was game breaking, no idea how anyone could argue that, didn't they release a patch specifically for that and injuries?

You guys really are like an abused wife. :(

Ramirez said:
Didn't he keep up his performance until he got injured? Cobbs had been a no name scrub with like -6 rushing yards in his entire career. Not really the same thing...

The amount of broken tackles in last year's game was game breaking, no idea how anyone could argue that, didn't they release a patch specifically for that and injuries?

maybe you just needed this guy on your team:

patrick-willis.7.jpg

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
Didn't he keep up his performance until he got injured?
Not really. He had 1 other 100+ game and they didn't really use him even when he wasn't injured because they used their other backs.

For certain backs and certain defenses (dive tackle ftl!), that was true. Mine never broke anything. :|

I'm not the one with my name on the list in the OP. You are.
lvEyC.gif

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
I'm not the one with my name on the list in the OP.

lol, I meant that more towards the people claiming that 11 was some gift from the gods compared to 10. Madden 10 had like 6-7 seasons, and did 11 even last through 2?

I'll be the first to admit when 12 ends up sucking dick, lord knows I've wasted enough money on bad games this year. (Hello Brink/LA Noire)

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
lol, I meant that more towards the people claiming that 11 was some gift from the gods compared to 10. Madden 10 had like 6-7 seasons, and did 11 even last through 2?

I'll be the first to admit when 12 ends up sucking dick, lord knows I've wasted enough money on bad games this year. (Hello Brink/LA Noire)
Madden 11 was a step backwards in what communties like ours want in the game. There was little advancement in terms of gameplay and plenty of little annoyances that detracted from the gameplay (ie GameFlow) that were designed for the casual gamer in mind. Oh, and zero customization. Everything that remained was stagnant and everything that was added was either fluff or annoying. It wasn't like previous years where, even though the feature set wasn't revolutionary, the gameplay improved at least slightly.

I'll take the wait-and-see approach this year.

Ramirez

Pouring one out for Fifty, even though he despised me in his later years. :(

Am I crazy Rors, or did your post initially say Madden 10?

Somnia

I'm in, I'll have to borrow my brothers 360 as I'm going to get the gears 360 a few weeks after Madden comes out =P

Nakazato said:

wow didn't know you played! where have you been in years past! you're in!

Ramirez said:
I know, if there's anything the Steelers could improve on, it's their LBs.

this is why i don't understand how you got gouged in the run game. i think i gave up 100 yards one time last year and the niners front 7 wasn't nearly what the steelers was. have to blame the user then!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:

this is why i don't understand how you got gouged in the run game. i think i gave up 100 yards one time last year and the niners front 7 wasn't nearly what the steelers was. have to blame the user then!

It was just that one game, hardly anyone else ran on me, which is what made it so absurd. But you were also able to turn Gore into Walter Payton, so we have to question this game sometimes.

Ramirez said:
It was just that one game, hardly anyone else ran on me, which is what made it so absurd. But you were also able to turn Gore into Walter Payton, so we have to question this game sometimes.

shit happens, in the game and in real life. the greatest statistical D of all time (2000 ravens) gave up 36 points/400+ yards to a shitty jags team.

i ran well with my entire team, not just gore. westbrook and dixon got plenty of carries too. and most of my success came to the left where EA accurately rated beast of the year mike iupati. don't hate!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
shit happens, in the game and in real life. the greatest statistical D of all time (2000 ravens) gave up 36 points/400+ yards to a shitty jags team.

i ran well with my entire team, not just gore. westbrook and dixon got plenty of carries too. and most of my success came to the left where EA accurately rated beast of the year mike iupati. don't hate!

You guys are a tough crowd, that game was just the straw that broke my back. The game sucked, let's hope for better in 12.

I can't say for sure but depending on the game I MIGHT be interested in joining. I'm trying to put together a 30-team MLB 12: The Show league next year and I need experience in seeing how league with that many people are run.

One thing: If I get the game I want the right to challenge Welli for the Giants. FOR TOO LONG he has maintained a stranglehold on the team!

The Frankman said:
I can't say for sure but depending on the game I MIGHT be interested in joining. I'm trying to put together a 30-team MLB 12: The Show league next year and I need experience in seeing how league with that many people are run.

One thing: If I get the game I want the right to challenge Welli for the Giants. FOR TOO LONG he has maintained a stranglehold on the team!

we would love to have you in the league. i'm not going to guarantee that wellington will play you for them. dude has been playing in this league since 2004 and its up to him if he wants to play you for them! i won't make him give them up ;)

ferny first off it is disturbing that you are a fan of the jets AND pats, second off i'll put you down as the jets as there is the possibility that lonestar might play and if he did i would guess he'd be the pats.

DCX

DCX
The Frankman said:

Do you even have a 360?

DCX

Nakazato

FrenchMovieTheme said:
I dont play as much as i like and the last 2 year i haven't played very much if at.Im hoping my schedule allows me to.

edit: damn just saw it was 360 :(

Ferny

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we would love to have you in the league. i'm not going to guarantee that wellington will play you for them. dude has been playing in this league since 2004 and its up to him if he wants to play you for them! i won't make him give them up ;)

ferny first off it is disturbing that you are a fan of the jets AND pats, second off i'll put you down as the jets as there is the possibility that lonestar might play and if he did i would guess he'd be the pats.
How dare you say such things! Lol Im actually a Rams fan but they were taken :-/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Tentative return for me. I'd like to wait closer to release of NCAA, to see how I'd feel about joining another league on top of that. Plus, remember, October/November is going to be hell on the leagues, there's ALOT of stuff coming out that I'm (and assuming others) will want to play.

Are you absolutely going to pick it up, FMT? Kind of a change in tone in less than a week. Will probably join if LJ and Ror come back. If I'm ending up as the Patriot's, might as well continue my losing streak against LJ's Bills.

Also, I don't know what I'll do when my 360 dies again.

Top Bottom