• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise interest thread

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Kicking meter aint terrible offline. but im guessing the lag input online will fuck things up often

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
CB3 said:
my favorite part about this thread so far is that these guys posting these tips about how to beat me, havent actually beat in recent memory.

I recall you beating me like 50-0, so my stone cold lock advice would be not to give up 50 points while doing your best to avoid being shut out...

CB3

The funny thing is im not even talking trash. Im just responding, im not even starting all of this. The fact that you guys cant keep me out of your minds is flattering. I suppose its best that you guys are game planning for me so early. You'll need it

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Cb aint shit. He has won 0 superbowls in league history. Paper champion every year!

I can't believe I can't find Lee Flower's Paper Champions interview on youtube. :(

CB3 said:
The funny thing is im not even talking trash. Im just responding, im not even starting all of this. The fact that you guys cant keep me out of your minds is flattering. I suppose its best that you guys are game planning for me so early. You'll need it

Its not you. If you had the browns roster no one would give a shit. But you have a probowl team. Youre like the heat of madden. And much like the real life heat (and eagles) you wont be winning a chip

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Its not you. If you had the browns roster no one would give a shit. But you have a probowl team. Youre like the heat of madden. And much like the real life heat (and eagles) you wont be winning a chip
I didnt sign these players. its not my fault. And if it was all about pure ratings teams like the Patriots and Cowboys would win in this league every year.

Such hostility. Id be mad too if the biggest FA signing my team had was a kicker too.

CB3 said:
I didnt sign these players. its not my fault. And if it was all about pure ratings teams like the Patriots and Cowboys would win in this league every year.

Such hostility. Id be mad too if the biggest FA signing my team had was a kicker too.

Yes dave akers was bigger than a starting wr, cb, ss and center. And the point is that people are planning against the eahles, not you! Pheeniks could be the eagles and the planning would be there

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Do the Titans play the Eagles this year?

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Yes dave akers was bigger than a starting wr, cb, ss and center. And the point is that people are planning against the eahles, not you! Pheeniks could be the eagles and the planning would be there

Not really

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Is Alex Smith giving you a handy later today? You're extra excitable lately

CB3

LukeSmith said:
Is Alex Smith giving you a handy later today? You're extra excitable lately

Its that time of the month.

And Dragona isnt around to ban me for saying that!

LiveWire

I'm just going to leave this here.

Redskins over Eagles twice in GAF Madden season 1.

namath-super-bowl-iii-finger-425mh101409.jpg

CB3

LiveWire said:
I'm just going to leave this here.

Redskins over Eagles twice in GAF Madden season 1.

Know your role. You skill is that of the AI. The only thing that makes you better is that i cant destroy the CPU in game AND here.

Your purpose in this league is to be a slave to my win column.

LukeSmith

CB3 said:
Know your role. You skill is that of the AI. The only thing that makes you better is that i cant destroy the CPU in game AND here.

Your purpose in this league is to be a slave to my win column.

w214360245.gif

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
Its that time of the month.

And Dragona isnt around to ban me for saying that!

She'd never check this thread for 2 reasons:

1. Its in community, she doesn't play games that require internet connections.

2. Its a sports game.

McNei1y

CB3 said:
I didnt know you played offline franchise too.

128295894532.jpg

I had you last year with my jags... and then I blew it in the last minutes of the 4th and OT. soooo my "close" loss doesn't mean shit. :(

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
my favorite part about this thread so far is that these guys posting these tips about how to beat me, havent actually beat in recent memory.

They key to beating CB3 is to hand off to LeRon James, and throw the occasional screen pass to keep him honest.

With this formula I almost won a game against him 2 years ago.

CB3

McNei1y said:
I had you last year with my jags... and then I blew it in the last minutes of the 4th and OT. soooo my "close" loss doesn't mean shit. :(

They key to beating CB3 is to hand off to LeRon James, and throw the occasional screen pass to keep him honest.

With this formula I almost won a game against him 2 years ago.

To you two, almost beating me is a lasting memory.

To me, its just tuesday.

McNei1y

daaamn, I don't play Philly this year!

Also, does anyone know how often those rosters have been releasing? I need to start pre-strategizing my team more towards my play style and it looks like the Vikings roster will be the second to last wave of rosters released.

edit: I don't know my roster exactly but would anyone have interest in McNabb? Just seeing names so I can contact you later.

CB3

daw840 said:
Matter of fact, I'm pretty positive I beat CB in the first season of 10 with the Favre Vikings.

You'd better stop the love you save may be your own
Darling, look both ways before you cross me
You're headed for the danger zone.

Animation3.gif

Nightz

McNei1y said:
edit: I don't know my roster exactly but would anyone have interest in McNabb? Just seeing names so I can contact you later.
Not interested, but just wanted to share this shot that I thought was funny. You can just see the fear in his eyes.

16913.jpg

daw840

CB3 said:
You'd better stop the love you save may be your own
Darling, look both ways before you cross me
You're headed for the danger zone.

Animation3.gif

I always knew you were a Milli Vanilli fan...

Smokey

Madden 12 demo:

Graphics are horrible
Grass? wut
Slowdown

Next gen hurry the fuck up

On the plus side game feels better than Madden 11. The running game in particular feels really good to me. Need to get used to that horrible dpad audible shit that they force us to use though.

Smokey said:
Madden 12 demo:

Graphics are horrible
Grass? wut
Slowdown

Next gen hurry the fuck up

On the plus side game feels better than Madden 11. The running game in particular feels really good to me. Need to get used to that horrible dpad audible shit that they force us to use though.

Wat?

And as far as the grass complaint goes....have you seen Soldier field lately. lol

LJ11

I played one game, hate the D-pad stuff but I guess I could get used to it.

Used GB specifically for the 3-4 book, what's the deal with the cover 3? In most 3-4 formations you have to rush 4 when choosing Cover 3. Pretty fucking retarded, if I want to sit with 4 under and 3 deep it's my choice, don't force me to rush one of my OLB.

Shit is predictable, you know which OLB is coming based on over/even/under/whatever. In the past, in 3-4 even, the SS squatted deep in the box so I didn't need flat responsibility on most plays, I brought whichever OLB I wanted at the line, sometimes both. The way it's set up now, this isn't an option.

Hate limitations, it's like EA is going out of their way to force you to use their plays and not get creative. It's silly that if a guy goes no huddle and I want to adjust a simple base coverage, I can't do it and they know which LB is coming.

/rant over.

Smokey

storybook77 said:
Wat?

And as far as the grass complaint goes....have you seen Soldier field lately. lol

graphics are bad mang. slowdown in the replays. dat horrible "hair" coming out of the helmets.

im hoping this is on rookie because i just went like 21/23 with 400+ yards and 5 TD's with jpout.... i quit out of the game at the start of the 4th quarter too lol

seemed strange to me coming from NCAA, where the D is incredibly stingy, to having WIDE open wr's.

i'm liking what i see though. hopefully this is a much earlier build cause it's rough around the edges

TheCrow

I really like how the running feels so far. I just need to break my habit of jamming the sprint button as soon as I hand the ball off. Sprinting usually makes the offensive line give up on blocking for some reason.

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
im hoping this is on rookie because i just went like 21/23 with 400+ yards and 5 TD's with jpout.... i quit out of the game at the start of the 4th quarter too lol

seemed strange to me coming from NCAA, where the D is incredibly stingy, to having WIDE open wr's.

i'm liking what i see though. hopefully this is a much earlier build cause it's rough around the edges
You can set the difficulty, both before the game starts and during the game. I believe it defaults to Pro.

Ramirez

I asked yesterday, but no one answered. Do we know if Gameflow and the dpad control scheme are being forced upon us in OF again? Switching back and forth between NCAA and this will become a huge pain if I can't change those awful D-pad controls. Weird how NCAA never introduced that garb, hmmm.

Ramirez said:
I asked yesterday, but no one answered. Do we know if Gameflow and the dpad control scheme are being forced upon us in OF again? Switching back and forth between NCAA and this will become a huge pain if I can't change those awful D-pad controls. Weird how NCAA never introduced that garb, hmmm.

i don't think anyone knows yet. for some reason i really dont have an issue with the d-pad controls. maybe it's because i played a bunch with it last year, i don't know

BigAT

You can turn off the D-pad stuff, for the most part, in the demo and presumably in the real game as well (you could turn it off in last year's OF at least). It's in gameplay settings, it goes back to essentially the controls of Madden 10. Some weird stuff, like O-line protection shifts, are still on the D-pad though.

Ramirez

BigAT said:
You can turn off the D-pad stuff, for the most part, in the demo and presumably in the real game as well (you could turn it off in last year's OF at least). It's in gameplay settings, it goes back to essentially the controls of Madden 10. Some weird stuff, like O-line protection shifts, are still on the D-pad though.

Really? I could have swore I forced myself to get used to the D-pad because I couldn't change it, hmph.

I still want to be able to turn GF off, havin to manually go to the playcall screen every single freaking down was so annoying.

Top Bottom