• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank All 4 One |OT| Bros Before Foes

MrPliskin

Banned
wSm6R.png

Platform: PS3
Release Date: October 18t, 2011 (NA)
Players 1-4

4JlKk.png

Coming Soon

ySV5r.png

Coming Soon

J8GZX.png

Coming Soon

Quark's F.A.Q. Log:

Q: Will this game have local multiplayer?
A: Yes, you will be able to play with 3 other friends locally, or online.

Q: Will this game have a PSN Pass?
A: Yes, it will have the new PSN Pass.

Q: How does it work if you play solo?
A: You will have a computer controlled partner to help get you through the, er, stuff.

Q: How awesome is this game?
A: So awesome.

Websites of Interest:
Insomniac Games
Ratchet and Clank Official Website

Apologies for the barebones OT, I will update it very shortly. School is putting the HURT on me lately. Bare with me!

KAL2006

Banned
Will this game also have a online pass like Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3. Anyway, I think this game is DOA due to the huge amount of big games coming out (Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, MW3, Batman AC, AC Revelations), which is a shame.

Takao

Banned
KAL2006 said:
Will this game also have a online pass like Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3. Anyway, I think this game is DOA due to the huge amount of big games coming out (Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, MW3, Batman AC, AC Revelations), which is a shame.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time debuted with 70k when it was released in the US. Do you think this is going to do worse than 70k?

Corto

KAL2006 said:

Every Sony game with online multiplayer from now on will have an online pass.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I have this game coming this week but it'll be all Batman this week until it's Uncharted then Assassin's Creed. I doubt I'll play it before December.

Takao said:
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time debuted with 70k when it was released in the US. Do you think this is going to do worse than 70k?

The Ratchet games all have legs.

Dunno if I'm in for this one.

MrPliskin

Banned
KAL2006 said:

Not that I don't doubt the game will have a tough time, but can we please keep NPD stuff in NPD threads? :)

To answer your question, yes, it will have an Online Pass.

Takao said:
Yes, I think it will do worse. It's release timing could not be worse.

KAL2006 said:
What? I thought it was up to 4 player online or offline or a mix of both
I dunno, could be online only or something. Just checking!

Not really been following it. It's a Ratchet game, I know it will be good.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I think I'll pick this up before Arkham City.

Batman doesn't need my help to sell well this month.

Takao

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Local 2 player?

If not, no buy. If so, a present for the missus at Christmas :)

Yeah, it has local co-op.

BruiserBear said:
Yes, I think it will do worse. It's release timing could not be worse.

I think it'll do worse because it's perceived as a spinoff, not so much due to its release window. Kids games generally have decent legs. Though, this fall Ratchet has to compete with 2 Marios (granted they're on a handheld), Kirby, a reborn Spyro, and an old Sonic.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Local 2 player?

If not, no buy. If so, a present for the missus at Christmas :)
Yeah, it definitely has local multiplayer. And you can both play online signed into your profiles, assuming she has one.

TimmiT

I really the Ratchet & Clank games, but I probably won't be buying this game until next year. There are too many other games I want to play first.

KAL2006

Banned
Finsihed Q4B not too long ago which was enjoyable, but I proffered ToD. Still haven't played CiT, which I will purchase soon. I doubt I will pick this game up anytime soon, probably get around to it by the end of next year, hopefully I can still find co-op games going on around then.

thuway

Virtually zero hype behind this game. Why must they send this game to die in the Fall? Delay this IG/Sony. Your already stacked in the Fall / Early Next year. The Summer is looking to be a dry whore though.

KAL2006 said:
Finsihed Q4B not too long ago which was enjoyable, but I proffered ToD. Still haven't played CiT, which I will purchase soon. I doubt I will pick this game up anytime soon, probably get around to it by the end of next year, hopefully I can still find co-op games going on around then.
ACIT is the best R&C game. There is so much to do in that game. I want this game but i don´t have Move.

Audioboxer

Played this at Playstation Access, graphics were rough as hell, I assume it was due to it being a pre-release build.

KAL2006

Banned
Beam said:
ACIT is the best R&C game. There is so much to do in that game. I want this game but i don´t have Move.

WTF, this game is not a Move game

Yes I know CiT is supposed to be the best in the series, so I know I am in for a treat, there are quite a few games that I haven't played this gen such as Cit, GoW3, Red Dead and etc, that is why I am not too bothered about getting games on day 1, as it's good to be behind games, as you can get games for dirt cheap because I am LTTP.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Got this pre-ordered and expecting it tomorrow. This is the first Ratchet game that I am not completely excited about though... I don't have three friends that like playing these games. The game looks beautiful to me but I'm really curious how it's going to play solo...

boyshine

I got to play this last week, and it didn’t feel right to me.. and while I do understand that this is a more kids focused R&C compared to previous games, some of the button press combinations the game tells you to do, like "R2+square” make no sense at all, especially considering the target audience.

Shtof

Beam said:
Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal are easily the best R&C games, and some of the best games ever made. They messed up the control scheme in the Future series.

ymmv

Banned
Thunderbear said:
Got this pre-ordered and expecting it tomorrow. This is the first Ratchet game that I am not completely excited about though... I don't have three friends that like playing these games. The game looks beautiful to me but I'm really curious how it's going to play solo...

I feel exactly the same. I love R&C games in general, I though ACiT was the best R&C game of the lot, but I lost all hype for this game when I heard it was intended as a multi-player experience. That's not what I want from the series.

LQX

I actually liked the beta but it just did not feel like it should have been a full retail offering but rather a PSN title. Also most people have played Ratchet games for single player and I really dont see how they will get much fun out of this with it being so geared towards coop play.

shwimpy

Ugh... just horrible timing with the release date. Loved A Crack in Time too... oh well. I'll get it after the fall rush.

Mrbob

I've been on the Ratchet train since the PS2 era, bought both PS3 games and DLC, but I'm not really feeling this one. I just don't care about the 4 player co op. I don't want a buddy system to accomplish goals. Ratchet is about getting new weapons and leveling them up at my pace. Not the pace of me and 3 co op buddies. I'll give the one hour game trial a try later this week.

Rainy Dog

Shtof said:
Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal are easily the best R&C games, and some of the best games ever made. They messed up the control scheme in the Future series.

Eh? I can't recall there being anything specific that they altered at all with the controls, let alone messed things up. Care to elaborate?

Love all the R&C games so will definitely be picking this up as long as there's confirmed to be a solid single player game in there. Just not until next year either I don't think.

rdrr gnr

I love Insomniac but I just don't see myself ever paying full price for this. It'll be a summer rental for me next year. But I do think it looks good.

Takao said:
No doubt it's going to bomb, badly. = /

Tizoc

Will go look for a copy 2morrow X3.
Hopefully if I get an EU Copy it'll have a code for my best friend in the whole wide universe.
Mr. Zurkon

highrider

Banned
i'm in. have yet to not have fun with r&c game. so batman ac, r&c, and uncharted. fortunately i'm not a cod/battlefield guy so this won't be too taxing. hell i'm still going strong on rage and resistance 3!

MrPliskin

Banned
LQX said:
I actually liked the beta but it just did not feel like it should have been a full retail offering but rather a PSN title. Also most people have played Ratchet games for single player and I really dont see how they will get much fun out of this with it being so geared towards coop play.

Well, that really depends on the depth of the co-op mechanics throughout the game. What I've played in both beta's and at Community Day, I can tell you there was already a really big variety in the mechanics.

I think we should see what it has to offer for content before we jump the gun :) If it's anything like previous R&C titles, there'll be tons to play!

Wow, takes only three posts before we start talking about bombas......typical GAF.
Don't care about the quality of the game, only how much it sells or doesn't sell.....smh.

MrPliskin

Banned
Jubs said:
Why is Dr. Nefarious teaming up with Ratchet and friends?

Basically it's his only choice. He's been captured along with the other 3, and they have to team up to escape. Enemy of my enemy, that sort of thing.

krae_man

I hope there are some DLC planets. I wouldn't mind a QFB like DLC pack in a few weeks.

Game is in the mail now, can't wait to play it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Corto said:
Dibs on Captain Qwark!
>8(

Sadly im short on moneyz so ill have to wait before buying it.

Making the single player irrelevant and/or dull would be a pretty great way to drive me away from a franchise I've loved since its inception. Here's hoping they didn't do that. What I've seen of the solo play has me cautiously optimistic.

Top Bottom