• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seems PC could load Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart portal sequences faster by just deleting 1 file

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Is S staticshock a weird SSD bot?
No it's a comics
static_shock.jpg

PaintTinJr

But i was told by PaintTinJr PaintTinJr and others that these sequences are strictly only possible at these speeds because of PS5's god tier IO.
I just can't believe after all the games literally proving everyone otherwise, there are people still pushing the io drivel.
PC with direct storage has literally won every load/speed comparison against the PS5.
This launch title is now proven to not be using the PS5 IO to its full capability, so is a pure software optimisation issue, as demonstrated by the deleted file making such a difference. How that changes the hardware specs or capabilities of the PS5 vs random PC with similar specs without an IO complex when game development still hasn't got out of launch cross gen software issue, I don't know?

It proves nothing about hardware so your random quotes just seem like low effort trolling in this context, and that looks out of place here on god tier forum GAF IMHO. But feel free to quote anything I've said in the past, I may or may not respond :)

edit: I see that is recent from the recent PC thread, but are you really saying the PS5 hardware doesn't perform with optimised software how Mark claims - because Jim is letting good-enough software do the talking for the hardware that is still 1-2 secs? Why not focus on how Series is doing +20sec last-gen loading in Starfield according to a friend, is that 10x multiplier big or smaller than the spec difference between the console? because if much bigger which software is close to spec, and which is no where close?

Last edited:
Top Bottom