• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

And that's why I love video games

Max@GC

T2mWN.jpg

:')

Jintor

I still prefer the mother in Animal Crossing story
even if I think it turned out to be entirely based on a misunderstanding maybe

ooooow
cute
meltin'

bla bla bla...

No seriously if this is true then it's touching. If not then you're a douche... even if it's still a cute story :p

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Usually I go soppy for stories like this, but on this one I'm calling bollocks. It would be nice if it was true, though.

FreeMufasa

Meh, seen this type of thing too much now, doesn't really have an impact on me.

Animal Crossing/FFX one is the all time best.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Derp + 9gag + 4 when playing Starfox = Meh

Ergo, it would have connected with me if Calvin played Skate or Die when he was 6 and it was hosted without a watermark.

Not sure where the dead dad fits in there, but fuck it, now I'm thinking about Skate or Die.

Sethos

Banned
I dislike rage comics

These would have been great if they weren't made up like all the others.

Bleh, 9GAG.

The only thing I kept thinking was: Fuck, he played Super Mario 64 when he was 4? I feel old...

What a believable story.

So this is how people communicate deeply felt emotions to each other these days, eh? With derp comics. Thanks internet, thanks a lot.

hmm, i thought i was on gaf not reddit.

Keep it in Reddit.

age 4 when starfox came out? Fuck I feel old.

Usually I go soppy for stories like this, but on this one I'm calling bollocks. It would be nice if it was true, though.

Meh, seen this type of thing too much now, doesn't really have an impact on me.

Animal Crossing/FFX one is the all time best.

Wow, I'm old.

Derp comics are shit.

....and that's why i love sentence fragments.

Holy fuck go back to reddit

oh its not from reddit. Still this looks like it came from there so..!

Derp + 9gag + 4 when playing Starfox = Meh

Ergo, it would have connected with me if Calvin played Skate or Die when he was 6 and it was hosted without a watermark.

Not sure where the dead dad fits in there, but fuck it, now I'm thinking about Skate or Die.

Don't get all mushy on me guys.

NinjaBoiX

A lot of people calling this out as fake. What part makes you think that? Seems perfectly plausible to me; he played a game that reminded him of his late father and choked up a bit, no more, no less.

I thought it was quite touching.

But yeah, if you did make it up, you're a sad tool.

Nice touching story; whether it's true or not is quite believeble, and despite generally I'm not particularly fond of Rage Comics, I think this one delivers.

Also, I didn't play Starfox on N64 - my bad but I put my money on other great games - now I'm definitely picking this up as soon as I can get lay my hands on a 3DS(I'm still holding up although I'm craving it).

Riposte

Do people call the quickly made mspaint style 4chan comics "Rage comics"?

Also those work because they are short and sweet. This should be a paragraph (but then you can't really watermark those, can you?).

Orayn

Nice story if true, but that doesn't make its presentation any less lazy and ugly.

This Reddit/9gag stuff is actively getting crappier - Give it a few years and it'll look like Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff, but without a shred of irony.

Row

Banned
If nothing else the comic does illustrate in a sense how modern games are almost completely devoid of such little details and extras.

Going even farther off-topic look at a guy like kojima. I mean say what you will about him, but he's one of the few current designers who has tons of this sort of thing in his games.

If nothing else the comic does illustrate in a sense how modern games are almost completely devoid of such little details and extras.

Going even farther off-topic look at a guy like kojima. I mean say what you will about him, but he's one of the few current designers who has tons of this sort of thing in his games.

This is a really bad post.

Nintendo knows you play games for escapism because your parents dont love you. They do this shit to create an artificial bond that only means cash to them. Polygons dont create emotions, your abandonment issues do. mfw all i just said is bullshit:

od2cr.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
N64 owner goes through entire childhood playing 1 game.

Yeah, that's why I bought a Playstation.

I'm not
just
trolling. The lack of games is literally why I bought one, my first self-purchased console, with money from a summer job.

Top Bottom