• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love video games

VitoNotVito

I love video games.

To the point that I feel sorry for people who don't appreciate/don't understand its wholesomeness. Obviously any form of artistic expression can bring you joy and inspiration but games are on another fucking level when it comes to creativity.

With the games like Cyberpunk, Returnal, Alan Wake 2, I do fell positive about this medium but still feel a bit anxious about the future. Will it be filled with generic half baked titles on the subscription services or FPS "same all same all" GaaS games?
What do you think?

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

WitchHunter

Banned
I love video games.
To the point that I feel sorry for people who don't appreciate/don't understand its wholesomeness. Obviously any form of artistic expression can bring you joy and inspiration but games are on another fucking level when it comes to creativity. With the games like Cyberpunk, Returnal, Alan Wake 2, I do fell positive about this medium but still feel anxious about the future filled with with generic half baked titles on the subscription services or FPS "same all same all" GaaS games.
What do you think?
You haven't played enough. Do it more and you'll gonna see the ugly cracks, the true face of reality. And then you gonna get sad and grumpy and gonna demand better things, because your thresholds are already too high. You've read many books, played everything that matters, and see that the general populace are at best bottom feeding pigs, they kiss your feet if you throw some coins in exchange for praise, and they laud you whatever shit you throw at them, until it's properly packaged :D.

9YFW.gif

Come join:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
9YFW.gif

Come join:

auuugh. I'll try it in 2024.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Videogames are fucking sweet man. Been my main hobby since the mid 90s
I love them too but they are starting to fall a bit by the wayside for music production. Life gets so much better when you start producing instead of just consuming all the time.

Though, since i got my Steam Deck I've been plying more than every so I'd say i'm not stopping anytime soon.

Last year was my 10th year anniversary of even getting started with the medium(first with Flash games then with Xbox 360). I feel like people should celebrate more when they get into video games, that is the moment that changes their life forever afterall

Last edited:

VitoNotVito

You haven't played enough. Do it more and you'll gonna see the ugly cracks, the true face of reality. And then you gonna get sad and grumpy and gonna demand better things, because your thresholds are already too high. You've read many books, played everything that matters, and see that the general populace are at best bottom feeding pigs, they kiss your feet if you throw some coins in exchange for praise, and they laud you whatever shit you throw at them, until it's properly packaged :D.
Of course I don't play every game/watch every film/read every book.
I'm being selective, you aren't?

Go_Ly_Dow

Wide parts of the industry I've come to loathe at varying levels, but specific development studios/teams, developers/artists, composers and finally games I still love and continue to bring me as much joy as ever before. All I need is 3-5 very good games a year and I'm happy. 2024 will rock.

Last edited:
auuugh. I'll try it in 2024.
Don't worry, quite a few people don't hit 52. I sure haven't myself. The thread is more of an incentive to go and play/enjoy games and give your impressions, rather than using that time negatively to complain about them. If you're an RPG-type the task becomes way more difficult anyway.

Danknugz

Obviously any form of artistic expression can bring you joy and inspiration but games are on another fucking level when it comes to creativity. With the games like Cyberpunk, Returnal, Alan Wake 2, I do fell positive about this medium but still feel anxious about the future filled with with generic half baked titles on the subscription

since when is playing video games an art form?

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I love gaming when it's a pure creative effort on the part of the devs, who are ideally friends or bros and who spontaneously are driven to create something great, working around the clock, pushing themselves to do something amazing, or just generally doing exactly what they want with zero outside influence, censorship, or control placed on them (eg. the way countless games were once made, from classic Doom to Zelda to much more).

I hate gaming as a corporate industry, where most of the work is done by rank-and-file staffed positions who consider it just a job, who pump out a million models or environments or bad dialog like a production line. At the corporate level, it's a cynical and horrible thing all the way down.

Top Bottom