• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Farcry 3 Boxart, Someone thought this was a good idea.

imagefarcry318688232400.jpg

I'll admit I haven't kept up with the Farcry 3 media, but why is there a guy poking his head out of some beach?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Also this boxart has been around for quite some time now. I think the US release has a radial blur applied to it.

-PXG-

It's a little better than what they had before. And when I say "a little" I mean that the "improvement" is infinitesimal.

The head in the sand has them derp eyes.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, what's wrong with it? It looks fine.

Why be like every other boxart and feature a bald white man holding a gun, when you can feature an almost-bald white man holding a gun? Such innovation from Ubi

Evocative box art, will have people talking and says plenty about how hostile the world will be. Very bold of them to have the villain instead of the hero on the front cover.

Any games that have only the villain on the box art?

Loxley

I'll admit I lol'd hard when I scrolled down and saw the buried head in the sand.

But aside from that I actualy think it looks just fine.

*edit - for those that don't have 70" monitors:

Why do people not like this box art? It's much better than the loads of "let's just litter it with a ton of stuff" box arts and the "let's make it really simply, just a white background and some dude/object" box arts.

Also, people do realize the guy in the sand was kidnapped and buried by the psycho looking dude, right? Without knowing anything about the game that seems pretty obvious.

Dabanton

I like it.

It's hilarious sadistic and from seeing the video the character sitting down is supposed to be deranged is he not?

Uh, I think that's great. Doesn't take itself too seriously, and most of all, doesn't have "Guy walking dramatically towards the camera holding a gun"

LIKE EVERY OTHER MODERN FPS BOXART EVER.

I don't get why people hate the cover. It's noticeable at a quick glance like if you were scanning a rack of games on the wall due to its color and the guy pictured is gonna be a badass villain. We've all seen the trailers

Almost looks like a poster for a buddy cop movie. 'Look at this guy, he's wacky, he got stuck in sand! His no-nonsense partner won't be pleased!'

rouken

clever marketing really.

it just shows how crazy the antagonist will be, that people will buy the game just because they want to kill him because you will feel pity for the sand guy. lol.

Odrion

Banned
To be honest, this boxart has increased by interest in the game by a lot.

Nice to see they're continuing with the brutal themes of Far Cry 2.

Top Bottom