• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Farcry 3 Boxart, Someone thought this was a good idea.

MRORANGE

cj3XF.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
I kind of like it. I don't like how the NA version is blurred though. If anything you'd think we would appreciate the violence more.

Haeleos

I thought they were making a reference to the first game's cover before I googled it again (the buried guy even kind of looks like the main character), but no. I still think it's pretty funny, but I don't feel like that was the intention.

So the posts not realizing the head is severed are ironic right?
Even if that's the case it still looks hilarious.

Terrible looking main character sitting cross legged on a beach with a derpy head in the sand in the bottom corner? Genius.

Edit: Oh, that's the bad guy? Still funny.

zoukka

That looks great! You can tell it's Far Cry, but it has something new in it. And it's fun. And fuck you all who want boring covers.

So the posts not realizing the head is severed are ironic right?
Why on earth would that be a severed head? That makes absolutely no sense.

Dude sitting on the beach is the psycho bad guy. Even if you didn't see the gameplay demo, you can just tell because a) he just looks like a bad guy and b) everyone around him is dead or being tortured (can't tell with the people on the trees) and he's just sitting there, obviously the man behind it all.

The dude buried in the sand looks like the main character, but definitely a good guy. He's obviously been kidnapped and buried there as a form of torture while they wait for the tide to rise and drown him.

holy shit i just noticed that they actually have proper trigger discipline on his pistols

i'm not even one of those guys that gets mad about that stuff in movies and games but they really put a lot of detail into this insanity

Rapstah

I request a Lips cover photoshop where the asian guy has buried Lips guy, my avatar, under the sand. Preferrably everything except ratings, console markings and the Far Cry 3 logo tinted orange to go with their heads.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
holy shit i just noticed that they actually have proper trigger discipline on his pistols

i'm not even one of those guys that gets mad about that stuff in movies and games but they really put a lot of detail into this insanity

You can tell the head isn't severed either cause the sword is way the fuck back in the cover.

Box art of the year.

bounchfx

I think the box art is fine.. having a thread for this is ridiculous when you consider the amount of covers far worse. I like how they show shit has gone down subtly and the expression on the dude sitting there is intriguing. I hope the game is good, the previews seem pretty interesting.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I don't get those who don't get it. It's simple, yes, but it doesn't explain itself?

People hanging from the threes, head popping from the sand, dude has two guns.

It's Deer Hunter 5.

Top Bottom