• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Farcry 3 Boxart, Someone thought this was a good idea.

Kinyou

imagefarcry318688232400.jpg
At first I thought it's too nice, then I saw the head and now I think it might be too cruel. lol

Fjordson

Oh it will. It's a GOTY contender, calling it now. It won't get it because it's not going to be as big a name as Uncharted or Skyrim or whatever the media darling will be this year but i wouldn't be surprised if it's the best game of the year or top 3 at the worst.
I can see that. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Like I said, I'm really hoping it ends up as crazy as it looks.

pa22word

Hm bad guy on the front? Interesting...

Calling it now: plot twist late game reveals definition of insanity guy is the protag's Tyler Durden

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
farcryggieydjrj.png

As for the actual cover, I think it's ok (the PAL version anyway, the NTSC version with that radial blur looks just weird). Nothing fancy, but the protagonist and the antagonist are depicted and as the relationship between these two appears so centric I think it's a good choice of Ubisoft to start that right at the cover.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is the US version a joke? Why did they redraw his face? Looks fantastic in the original, on the US one he looks like a bad cartoon.

Plus, I swear to god, the guy looks exactly like a psycho version of Tony Curtis, ha.

zethren

Banned
The US version is horrible.

The blurring looks terrible, and redrawing the antagonist's face (particularly accentuating more of a scowl in his brow) looks ridiculous...

Odrion

Banned
Man, I had to see the US version myself.

The US edit is TERRIBLE. Like Imaginez bad. That cannot actually be the boxart.

Man, I had to see the US version myself.

The US edit is TERRIBLE. Like Imaginez bad. That cannot actually be the boxart.

Yeah, the US version is hideous. You poor bastards. I think the art is actually pretty swish; the head in the sand is a bit off, though.

Nemesis_

Far Cry 2 isn't a game you can pick up and finish quickly can you? I want to finish it off but I just don't have the time anymore :(

Also I like the box art. The facial expression is just off on the dude in the sand, though.

rouken

i think it's a nice change of pace from fps boxarts these days,

what other game have the antagonist in their boxarts?

RoyalFool

Banned
I quite like the cover, it's slightly odd but I find that endearing in a 'What cha thinking bout?' 'just torture and stuff' kind of way. Interesting to have the villain on the cover, unless I'm missing something..

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This version seems like a bad joke. The original's actually great, this is like a terrible fan made version. I can hear the US execs: "Why, that villain doesn't look EVIL enough, we want to change that face so the folks know he's BAD. And crazy up that background, I don't know what the original artist was trying to say but frankly it disturbs me!"

Nemesis_

Making him look "happy angry" makes him look so terrible. I don't know why anyone higher up would approve this.

Top Bottom