• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max Director George Miller Would Like Hideo Kojima to Make a Video Game Adaptation

GORnMRDWIAAhns4

Mad Max franchise director George Miller has said he would only be interested in adding another video game to the franchise if it could be made to "the highest level" by someone like Hideo Kojima.

Speaking to GAMINGbible on the red carpet for Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, Miller named Kojima the ideal candidate to take on a video game adaptation of the film series but admitted that he would "never ask" the legendary games designer to take on such a project because he has "so much fantastic stuff in his own head".

Miller also referenced the Mad Max video game that came out in 2015, saying he thinks they could level up on it if they were to make another. "It wasn't as good as I wanted it to be," Miller candidly admitted before adding, "I'm one of those people that I'd rather not do something unless you can do it at the highest level."

Woggleman

It would make a great game but I don't know if Kojima would be the best choice. I know many would disagree with me but a joint collaboration between Rockstar and Naughty Dog would work. GTA like driving and car combat and TLOU2 ultra violence would work perfect for this.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Not sure why he needs to slurp Kojima's balls and rag on an actual great Mad Max game in the same breath.
I think he wanted more campiness. When you see the trailers for the new movie, and look at the Death Stranding 2 guitar sliding villain, I can kinda see it. But yeah, surprised he trashes Avalanche like that.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Thread needs more 2015 gifs

In fact I hope this thread sparks some interest or re interest with some here

It's a phenomenal take on the world, the lore and the characters. Just one of the truly more unique open worlders out there.

Also I believe Scrotus is in Furiosa

I like the movies Miller makes, but he's dead wrong about the game here.
He's not. Mad Max PS4 is a good video game, but it is not an High A-tier nor S-tier artistic experience. That is what Miller is asking for. He also said 'It doesn't have to be Kojima... but if there was someone like that who would take it on then that would be grand'

Mad Max PS4 at it's best is an 8/10 experience. Once again, that means it's a good video game, just not what he's asking for.

Last edited:
Sure, why not. Kojima isn't doing anything better and I'd like a modern Mad Max game that's more than a derivative Ubi-style clear all the icons open world game.

elmos-acc

I'll believe Miller when he says "it wasn't as good as we wanted it to be" about the 2015 he talks from his own point of view as the co-creator of the franchise. I haven't played it, but it didn't make the impact that Fury Road did or didn't contribute anything interesting to the franchise. I doubt that Miller has any deeper takes about the Ubisoft-like design or the car combat mechanics etc.

I could be wrong though, maybe he's actually a GAF poster.

ARK1391

Kojima loves Miller so much I have no doubt he would do this and I'm here for it. The Mad Max game we got a few years ago was awesome and I loved every second of it. No doubt Kojima could make an even better version of that with an intense world of characters.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
The 2015 game is one of my favorites but if you haven't loaded it up in quite a while you should prepare yourself for what looks like 120fps of vaseline smeared on your screen. The resolution is absolutely atrocious.

Braag

I think the 2015 Mad Max game was fine. It wasn't anything ground breaking but it was fine, definitely not bad.

SJRB

Gold Member
Q61paLq.png

Shut the fuck up, Georgie. Mad Max was a great game, and Kojima is a TERRIBLE fit for a Mad Max game. You're just saying that to stroke Kojimbo's ego and because he's literally the only videogame creator you know.

Stick to making movies.

He's only saying that because Kojima is the only video game director he can name.

There are much better options out there for a Mad Max game.

Miller worked with Cory Barlog on an incarnation of that game. He's been developing Mad Max videogame concepts since the 90s.

Kennedy Miller Mitchell had a videogame studio which absorbed most of Team Bondi. Remember Whore of The Orient, from the LA Noire dude? It was in development there.
When Happy Feet 2 flopped, the studio was closed and Warner rebooted the game with Avalanche. Warner gave them access to all production material. The game uses concepts from all three modern Mad Max scripts - Fury Road, Furiosa and The Wasteland, but you'll notice that Miller is not credited anywhere.
The "build the car while helping outposts" concept was originally intended for a TV show, then for The Wasteland.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
LMAO

Hideo Kojima would be a terrible choice for a Mad Max game. He's the video game equivalent of Lars von Trier. A man who would pull out to cum on himself.

Mad Max is balls deep action and that's what makes it a great series. It doesn't need some pretentious commentary on war or death.

Hideaki Itsuno would be a much better fit.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
LMAO

Hideo Kojima would be a terrible choice for a Mad Max game. He's the video game equivalent of Lars von Trier. A man who would pull out to cum on himself.

Mad Max is balls deep action and that's what makes it a great series. It doesn't need some pretentious commentary on war or death.

Hideaki Itsuno would be a much better fit.
I feel singled out at the bolded.

Top Bottom