• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max Director George Miller Would Like Hideo Kojima to Make a Video Game Adaptation

A.Romero

Mad Max 2015 is great, I enjoyed it a lot.

Kojima has been known for sucking Miller's balls on X, I think this is just Miller returning the favour. You could say it is an unsyched 69.

That said, I would love a Mad Max game directed by Kojima. Kojima knows his Mad Max and can do action when he wants to, it's just that he is most interested in other stuff.

I know a lot of people don't like him but it's not like his games don't have great action sequences (admittedly between long cutscenes).

bender

What time is it?
Seemed boring af.

Only because it was.

grin-evil.gif

I understand why people dislike Kojima's narrative flourishes but his games still manage to have more mechanical complexity and depth than 98% of games released today.

SkylineRKR

His games have a certain attention to detail and quirks you never see elsewhere. Like, dropping supply boxes on Quiet during the boss fight, or urinate on enemies in Death Stranding since it also contains DNA. Or like, dressing up as Raidenovic to fool Volgin, who simply touches your balls and knows its not him. You can usually think outside of the box in his games.

But for an MM game Hideo would need to tone down his typical writing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
LMAO

Hideo Kojima would be a terrible choice for a Mad Max game. He's the video game equivalent of Lars von Trier. A man who would pull out to cum on himself.

Mad Max is balls deep action and that's what makes it a great series. It doesn't need some pretentious commentary on war or death.

Hideaki Itsuno would be a much better fit.

Hideo Kojima is Louis C.K ?

Nigel

Didn't we already have this with the excellent 2015's Mad Max?
Miller wasn’t happy with it as he lacked input with it, however wouldn’t find someone like Kojima taking full control.

Miller has been trying to make a game since the early 2000s. This never occurred, however elements such as Max’s lack of a spoiler on his Interceptor in Fury Road was apparently a holdover from when you were supposed to unlock it as an upgrade in the 2000s game. I also believe unless I’m mistaken that Furiosa came from this game originally.

Last edited:

Doom85

This could be people on gamefaqs making shit up, but apparently he was not even informed the game was being made for a good while, and apparently they went ahead and used a Mad Max story he wanted in a potential film for the game instead.

So if anything, his criticism is probably him being nice about the situation because that’s fucked up to do him like that if it’s true.

Say what you want about Kojima (I mean, he rules in my book), but ain’t no way he would do Miller dirty like that. The two get along great and Kojima definitely would respect any of Miller’s wishes for a potential game.

Last edited:
This could be people on gamefaqs making shit up, but apparently he was not even informed the game was being made for a good while, and apparently they went ahead used a potential Mad Max story he wanted in a potential film on the game.

So if anything, his criticism is probably him being nice about the situation because that’s fucked up to do him like that if it’s true.

Say what you want about Kojima (I mean, he rules in my book), but ain’t no way he would do Miller dirty like that. The two get along great and Kojima definitely would respect any of Miller’s wishes for a potential game.
Part of the problem here is that some people forgot that if Kojima has someone next to him to reign in the crazier ideas, he will reign them in. They've forgotten this because Kojima has not had anyone to reign in his ideas for a while now. So even if this idea were to progress into a concept, they worry that he would take Mad Max in an insane direction, instead of simply just providing the best of his skills to an already established universe.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
We know death stranding is fundamentally flawed, and was never quiet open world, it did have a pretty sizable world, and the AI controlled cargo carriers benefits anyway a Kojima mad max game could be massive.

Lunarorbit

There's a 100% chance Miller never played mad max. It's fucking great. The car combat and storytelling thru collectables is still some of the best I've ever seen

I enjoyed the 2015 game but it was far too repetitive. Fun combat systems though, both on foot and behind the wheel

As for Kojima.. love the man's work but I don't think he's the right fit for Mad Max. But hey, if the actual father of Mad Max says he is, then who am I to say otherwise?

Last edited:

RickSanchez

I like Kojima's games as much as the next guy, but i dont think he is the right choice for a Mad Max game.

Also, the 2015 Mad Max game was fucking fantastic. Nailed the world and atmosphere of the Mad Max series. Nailed the vehicle combat, driving and customization. They even added game mechanics related to the vehicle like tearing stuff down to make enemy bases more vulnerable, etc. Add to that good fun hand-to-hand combat, great graphics that hold up today, fairly satisfying exploration and a serviceable story. Made for an excellent game.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
These two should just get a room already:

Hideo Kojima goes mad for the new Mad Max, says George Miller 'is my God, and the saga that he tells is my Bible'​

Perhaps the most bizarre example of celebrity worship was when Miller, mere moments after the credits start to roll, left his seat (presumably for a much needed toilet break) and Kojima dropped to his knees to sniff the seat.
Either Kojima is master of the memes and reenacting the now infamous MAGfest clip, or is trying to fill the remaining 30% of his body with Miller’s odor.

Zuzu

That would be really cool I reckon. Kojima would provide a cinematic presentation that would really suit a Mad Max game.

Toots

Gold Member
Apart from the fact Miller's directing and story telling is the exact opposite of Kojima's (both being masterful in their own way), sure.
A man who would pull out to cum on himself
Magnificent. I never seen a better definition of those type of guys.
Maybe that kind of ego helps being great.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Magnificent. I never seen a better definition of those type of guys.
Maybe that kind of ego helps being great.

I heard my dad use this phrase to describe my uncle in the late 90s. It stuck in my memory because at the time I had no idea what this meant. The penny dropped when I got older and got to know my uncle. Perfect description.

I don't know if I am really interested in Mad Max as a game, I don't love, not even particularly like the movies. Can't remember much of the Mel Gibson stuff, but Charlize and Tom were in some BS movie that was okayish to look at, but overall crap.
The game was in Plus and I may check it out some day, but the movies were also rather on the Michael Bay side, style over substance, grimmer, with a kinda bonkers self serving nonsense style and action scenes. Waterworld, Postman, or also Rage all kinda sucked imho. Maybe Borderlands with its joke approach was probably the most entertaining one can do with apocalyptic empty deserts/places.
No idea what Kojima or anyone is supposed to do with its shallow story and simple characters. Other than having some memorable evil guy and good car battles, the template offers barely anything to actually work, transfer, improve.

Gaelyon

He's only saying that because Kojima is the only video game director he can name.

There are much better options out there for a Mad Max game.
Well he worked with him on Death Stranding 2 and he saw the potential.
They're always other options but I'm not sure there's that much better ones. If you want a strict movie adaptation there's no need for a game designer with a strong artistic universe like Kojima, but if Miller want an artie take on Mad Max why not ?

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
x
LMAO

Hideo Kojima would be a terrible choice for a Mad Max game. He's the video game equivalent of Lars von Trier. A man who would pull out to cum on himself.

Mad Max is balls deep action and that's what makes it a great series. It doesn't need some pretentious commentary on war or death.

Hideaki Itsuno would be a much better fit.
:D :D Lars von Trier is a full blown psycho or a maximum control freak. There is zero art or beauty in his films, he is a total nutjob. The House That Jack Built exemplified this 100%.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
x

:D :D Lars von Trier is a full blown psycho or a maximum control freak. There is zero art or beauty in his films, he is a total nutjob. The House That Jack Built exemplified this 100%.

Yep. Perfect comparison to Hideo Kojima.

dont know why people get hard for the 2015 game.
great for a budget/movie-tie-in game, but nothing special overall.
gameplay got shallow/repetitive fast.

if kojima would have fun doing a mad max game, itd probably be good.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Imagine you spend years and years working on a game that flops because it came out the same day as a kojima game, then the mad max director says your game stinks and he wants kojima to make a mad max game. Definitely a villain origin story.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

Braag

I wonder how many game director's George Miller can even name. Kojima would probably be the last one that comes to my mind when I think of Mad Max.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Imagine you spend years and years working on a game that flops because it came out the same day as a kojima game, then the mad max director says your game stinks and he wants kojima to make a mad max game. Definitely a villain origin story.
Probably how the duke nukem forever team felt. It was in development for 14 years. 1997 to 2011.

Only to release as a turd. It took 2 console generations to release.

plip.plop

I loved that game that came out in 2015. The driving mechanics and especially the harpoon mechanic were so damn good. I loved everything about that game except for one thing. the boss when you took over a town/tower. It felt like the same person (The Gimp). I wished they created Kojima like bosses found in Metal Gear Solid Games. If that happened I would replay it every year instead of every other year.

Me playing the Kojima Mad Max Solid game.

1b1kUE8.gif

Top Bottom