• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vigil Art Director in 2012: Wii U is pretty powerful.

Antagon

So we had Darksiders 2's Technical Director, Game Director and Art Director now chip in on its power. Who will be next?

why does it feel that Darksiders 2 it the posterchild for wii U....am I missing some sort of behind the scenes relationship there....

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
HOW MUCH POWAH!!

Griffandbiff.jpg

He is basically saying nothing.

guek

Banned
ace, you should probably be clear in the OP that this was at the exact same event, or at least date the story

Dystify

You know, in my opinion even the Xbox360 and PS3 are still pretty "powerful", even when they're outdated right now. This quote really says almost nothing.

Why do we care about this anyway? These are just words thrown out without any real measurement or anlyzation behind them. There's really nothing to it. Powerful compared to what? But sure sense you need your Nintendo fan belief reassured, you can have this thread. It shouldn't even matter in the end, the system will come it and will be fine.

Danielsan

Pretty powerful, compared to a Wii?
Pretty powerful compared to 360/PS3?
Pretty powerful, so that they can make the game they want to make on the platform without making too many concessions?

Such a meaningless statement.

What a desperate topic. 360 and ps3 are also "pretty powerful" if you ask most developers.

This is really bothering you people, isn't it?

guek

Banned
Pretty powerful, so that they can make the game they want to make on the platform without making too many concessions?

lol, this is too funny.
which obviously means more resources, and means you can do a lot more

He's obviously comparing it to the current gen. Man. This forum. Good times.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Yeah, I agree.
very similar to the "well, you know, is on par about that stuff like, you know, polygons and textures, because we'll take advantage of the pad for sure, we'll not spend time in upgrade you know, that stuff like, you know, polygons and textures..."

E3 is too far away...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
People are thinking way too much about this. Oh well, two months to go for E3. This madness will finally end then, or will it?

These are just words thrown out without any real measurement or anlyzation behind them.

A bit like "on par" from the other guy. Valid counter discussion imo :p

why does it feel that Darksiders 2 it the posterchild for wii U....am I missing some sort of behind the scenes relationship there....

Because it's an awesome third-party post-apocalyptic Zelda style game with upgrade elements, it'll look great and it's a launch title.

Derrick01

Banned
What a desperate topic. 360 and ps3 are also "pretty powerful" if you ask most developers.

This is really bothering you people, isn't it?

I kind of hope the wiiU is about the same, maybe only slightly more powerful than current consoles. If people are having meltdowns now just wait until it's actually proven true.

Nibel

Everybody! Take your powerful Reggie flowers!

Now: Say "Wii U is powerful" and remove one petal. Say "Wii U is not powerful" and remove one petal. Repeat until no petals are left.

SmokyDave

He's obviously comparing it to the current gen. Man. This forum. Good times.

Current gen as in PS3 / 360, or current gen as in Wii?

I know which one my money is on.

I kind of hope the wiiU is about the same, maybe only slightly more powerful than current consoles. If people are having meltdowns now just wait until it's actually proven true.
Oh beautiful inevitability.

Top Bottom