• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Tease: "Screenshots ... are gorgeous. My jaw is still on the ground..."

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks to DarkChild for finding this.

Game Informer has started teasing their next cover, and it is unveiling on Thursday, April 5th.

giapril1luubf.png

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/Andrew_Reiner/status/181867834715021312

There are a few popular theories right now.

Theory 1: Crysis 3

Crytek to announce 'spectacular' console/PC project in April

"We still want to deliver the highest quality that we can, wherever we go," he added. "You know about Homefront, you know about Ryse. We are working on another project... [laughs] all three of which are looking really good."

Pressed for more detail, the games GM continued: "The other project looks absolutely fantastic - I mean, genuinely the best of that kind of project we've ever done.

"It looks spectacular, the team are doing really, really well and it's just really nice to see the team really enthusiastic about what they're doing. They're really happy.

Last month an EA job ad confirmed it's working on a new title with Crytek, following its role as publisher of the first two Crysis games.
Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...ounce-spectacular-consolepc-project-in-april/

Theory 2: Halo 4

Halo Forum said:
I just came back from gamestop, and they had a gameinformer poster that said subscribe. The figure in the backround was guess who... Halo 4 master chief. I asked an associate and he said "stay tuned"

I hope this is a little sneak peak for next months magazine.
Source: http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_pos...rmer-next-month.aspx?find=lastpost#post742019

Theory 3: God of War 4

Well, it's supposed to have been revealed like eight times by now, and was supposedly shown back in February.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I just came back from gamestop, and they had a gameinformer poster that said subscribe. The figure in the backround was guess who... Halo 4 master chief. I asked an associate and he said "stay tuned"
Yeah I'm sure random Gamestop clerks are privy to the secret cover stories of future Game Informer issues.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hope it's crytek, but halo could use some "WOW" visuals. The Halo games look nice but have never really impressed since the first game.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I would be more than happy with any of those theories.

Although I do wish all of those games were next gen projects.

DarkChild

Banned
Game Informer generally has cover stories with already announced titles. It might be H4, but it might be GTAV. Maybe they got exclusive from Cryteks yet to be announced title, but what it certainly is not is HL3 or God Of War 4.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Many people consider them graphical showcases, look at the reactions at the little Halo 4 footage we had. And Reach was also very good looking.

Halo fans are a weird breed.

I personally found Reach to be very bland.
Low res textures, aliasing out the ass, very simple geometry.

Sure the areas are huge and the game is a ton of fun, but it's far from eyecandy.

Top Bottom