• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Tease: "Screenshots ... are gorgeous. My jaw is still on the ground..."

V_Ben

Banned
Well, Crytek is working on Crysis 3, of course. That would likely be pretty.

Edit; Halo 4's recent blowout could point to a GI reveal, but God of War 4 is, like you say, due for a reveal.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
lol is that thing even alive?

It's alive and truly beautiful.

OtPIN.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ummm...may I ask what Secret PS3 game was? :p

It was a long time ago, it 'should' have been out or revealed by now, right? Haven't ever gotten confirmation.

Ummm...may I ask what Secret PS3 game was? :p

It was a long time ago, it 'should' have been out or revealed by now, right? Haven't ever gotten confirmation.

It was The Last Guardian.

OT: I really want this to be God of War 4. I want to see what sort of magic Santa Monica will pull after 2 more years of engine refinement.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
They're probably gushing. Only Crytek would announce something that looked jawdropping.

While Halo 4 is most likely getting a formal reveal this month, I would be surprised if that was what he was referring to. Even though Im sure it looks great, that reaction seems to point towards Crysis 3.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Halo fans are a weird breed.

I personally found Reach to be very bland.
Low res textures, aliasing out the ass, very simple geometry.

Sure the areas are huge and the game is a ton of fun, but it's far from eyecandy.

Low resolution textures? You have to be kidding.

Aliasing was a tad better than the other games, but hey, it is still on the 360 so.

And yeah, geopmetry has always been lower to compensate for the large areas, but the geometry in reach still blew away 3 and ODST.

Really, next gen just needs to arive allready..

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
As much as I want Crysis 3, I kind of hope it's something else since I would rather that be a showpiece for next gen.

I'm hoping it's a Crytek UK (Free Radical) game for Wii-U / PC personally, and the start of some Wii-U hype leading to E3...

but I think its much more likely to be something else. Will watch with great interest.

Lingitiz

Sure the areas are huge and the game is a ton of fun, but it's far from eyecandy.

Its a new developer with big names on the engineering side, so if the recent Halo 4 trailer was anything to go by it should look pretty impressive. Still, expectations should be kept in check as we've pretty much seen the graphical limits of this gen already.

Crysis 3 seems a little soon, so I'll go with Halo 4 as the reveal.

V_Ben

Banned
I'm hoping it's a Crytek UK (Free Radical) game for Wii-U / PC personally, and the start of some Wii-U hype leading to E3...

but I think its much more likely to be something else. Will watch with great interest.

They are actively making homefront 2 right now. So, no. Sorry.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I think it's a bit early for THQ to unveil Homefront 2, which is what Crytek UK is currently doing.

Eh, while I agree that the Halo games could definitely step up their visual game, I wouldn't discredit Reach's visuals. The Game certainly does a lot of things right, and honestly is far from bland. Sure, it could do things better, but it is one of the better looking 360 titles IMO.

If it's Crysis 3 then the franchise it pretty much dead. 2 had a long dev cycle and was underwhelming.

If they push another one out so soon then... urgh. Go back to what made Crysis good.

Drencrom

"Omg so amazing, most beautiful thing since [famous art piece]!
But we can't show nor tell atm, you'll just have to hype this so lots of people buy our mag and gets us lots of hits lol k?"

I'm not falling for this crap routine again...

It's alive and truly beautiful.

http://i.imgur.com/OtPIN.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Woah when did this get released? Why haven't we heard anything if this vaporware is still in the works?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I am going to go ahead and hope for Halo 4.

GoWIV and Crysis 3 should both REALLY be next gen games.

I will inevitably be disappointed when they are announced for 8 year old hardware.

Top Bottom