• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Tease: "Screenshots ... are gorgeous. My jaw is still on the ground..."

Corto

"Omg so amazing, most beautiful thing since [famous art piece]!
But we can't show nor tell atm, you'll just have to hype this so lots of people buy our mag and gets us lots of hits lol k?"

I'm not falling for this crap routine again...

We are here aren't we? ;)

Valnen

I am going to go ahead and hope for Halo 4.

GoWIV and Crysis 3 should both REALLY be next gen games.

I will inevitably be disappointed when they are announced for 8 year old hardware.

I would be disappointed even if they were launch titles for next gen, because launch titles never look anywhere near as good as games released a couple years in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would think GTA 5 is a likelier theory than a lot of those. Especially given how mind blown people were over the trailer, and EB/Gamestop's not taking reserves on GTA V but Amazon is which usually means that they're waiting for a GameInformer cover story.

theBishop

Banned
Any of those 3 have the potential to be high graphical watermarks when this generation is through.

I'm definitely most excited to see how Santa Monica can top GoW3. The moving environments were absolutely staggering on screen. That Poseidon fight was so insane.

And of course anything Crytek does is going to be very pretty. I'd like to see them get even more ambitious with set design, destructible environments, and maybe ditching first person perspective. Imagine what CryEngine would do with a 3rd person horror game, for example.

Halo4, you can't discount it. The series hasn't delivered the most advanced technology this generation, but with a new team and a new trilogy, there's no telling what they have planned.

Corto

Serious question: Has a magazine EVER teased a major reveal which didn't end up being a complete disappointment?

The Last of Us was nice. Nobody expected a new IP from a new Naughty Dog team.

edit: Yes, Also X COM was pretty sweet too. Everybody was convinced that the FPS game was a sure thing and that would be it for this IP than BAMMMM a new strategy game in the X COM universe.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Agent, omg!! :) I though it was a lost cause, we haven't read from the rockstar title in a while.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I am going to go ahead and hope for Halo 4.

GoWIV and Crysis 3 should both REALLY be next gen games.

I will inevitably be disappointed when they are announced for 8 year old hardware.

GoW4 makes sense for a last hurrah for the PS3, just like GoW2 was for the PS2.

I really don't give a fuck when 'game journalists' blow their load over some new game they've seen. They're an arm of the advertising blitz, people, stop buying into their shenanigans.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'm saving any hype until after Thursday. GI has been doing well for the past few months, but it's just a good idea for these kind of reveals.

Tambini

The talk of God of War IV has made me realize its been more than 2 years since 3 came out.

Where has time gone?

aeolist

Banned
Well 2 was kind of... you know, on multiple consoles and didn't require behemoth of a pc on release

1 got a full port to consoles. They went with a more limited design because they wanted to sell more, not because of technical limitations. They didn't hit CoD numbers but they did better than the first game.

Any of those 3 have the potential to be high graphical watermarks when this generation is through.

I'm definitely most excited to see how Santa Monica can top GoW3. The moving environments were absolutely staggering on screen. That Poseidon fight was so insane.

And of course anything Crytek does is going to be very pretty. I'd like to see them get even more ambitious with set design, destructible environments, and maybe ditching first person perspective. Imagine what CryEngine would do with a 3rd person horror game, for example.

Halo4, you can't discount it. The series hasn't delivered the most advanced technology this generation, but with a new team and a new trilogy, there's no telling what they have planned.

Where is that gif of crysis 2 where the player shots a lamp?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
GoW4 makes sense for a last hurrah for the PS3, just like GoW2 was for the PS2.

And then we will find ourselves buying HD Remakes of GoWIV next gen.

I think since it is inevitably a reboot, it would be preferable to have al 3 games from a new trilogy on the next system.

There was too much of that splintering this gen.

Most Killzone fans never played KZ1, most CoD fans never played CoD1, etc.

I think it would be nice to have GoW IV be a next gen showcase game.

I mean, half of the excitement for those games ( at least for me) is the spectical of it all.

I think if we get another GoW game on the PS3, it wont look graphically that much better than GoW3 and therefor will be inherently underwhelming to many fans.

Haunted

I'm sure it'll be underwhelming, whatever it is.

It's alive and truly beautiful.

OtPIN.jpg
Secret PS2 game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As someone who enjoyed Crysis 2 quite a bit, and thinks the DX11 version is easily among the best looking games ever produced, I'd welcome a Crysis 3 reveal with open arms.

Halo 4 and God of War 4 do not interest me at all.

Its Halo 4

343i teased in the monthly podcast that they would have more info next month and they had some special guests in the studio giving them both campaign and multiplayer details.

The devs that post of GAF have also said something along the lines of "not many sleeps" till Halo 4 news.

Top Bottom