• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy edits Uncharted series into movies

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
For people like myself who enjoy the motif of the games but dislike the mechanics of it all, this is surprisingly not bad. The only problem is the lack of HD but I'll live with it.

Passage of text from the man who did it via reddit:

The Uncharted games are personally my favorite series of games, with Uncharted 2 and 3 being my favorite games of all time. They're certainly the most cinematic games I've ever played. I've often heard many people describe these games as like controlling a movie, and have heard many people say that these games are just as fun to watch as they are to play, and I agree with both of those things. That gave me the idea to edit these games into movies. That way I would be able to watch the story of these games in one sitting easily, and without having to take up a considerable portion of my day. Not only that, but I would be able to show these to people who either don't have a PS3, don't have or want these games but still are interested in seeing the story, or even don't play video games at all.

With these projects I was trying to make movies that would be viewable whether or not you had played the game, or even care about playing video games, so I wanted to make them as close to a real movie as possible. This meant taking out as many chapter titles, button prompts, and more to make it seem less like a video game. There were certain aspects I wasn't able to remove, such as the current weapon selected, or an occasional button prompt. I tried to focus mostly on the cinematics, but also include the minimum amount of gameplay to link them, especially focusing on the more cinematic elements of gameplay. I wanted to make sure not to cut any cutscenes or any gameplay that would leave the viewer confused if they hadn't played the game, so in the end Uncharted 2 and 3 were quite long, but that's just because the stories are much more complicated than Uncharted 1's. Either way it's still a lot shorter than playing the real game, so if you are ever in the mood to watch the story of one of these games in one sitting, but don't have the time to play the entire game through, then these are great for that purpose, or if you want to show these games' stories to friends or family that don't care about playing video games.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Uncharted 1: Drake's Fortune (The Movie) - 114 mins

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (The Movie) - 178 mins

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (The Movie) - 196 mins

The stories aren't very good, boring villains and generic adventure plots. Good voice acting and facial animations though.

The fun comes from playing the action set-pieces and climbing the beautiful environments.

Won't Sony takes these off anyway?

rdrr gnr

Really clever idea. I wish this was out before U2/U3 so I could get a refresher. I wonder how well the U3 "plot" holds up.

What happens if you do this for MSG4?

Someone ban Wario64. Pretty please?

Or ban me! I will gladly sacrifice my account. Unfortunately he is a completely redundant persona who I tire of on a daily basis. I am unable to stop coming to NeoGAF without a little help. He affects my life that much. :(

Boy has some serious mojo.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

Or ban me! I will gladly sacrifice my account. Unfortunately he is a completely redundant persona who I tire of on a daily basis. I am unable to stop coming to NeoGAF without a little help. He affects my life that much. :(

lol

this forum has ignore list in case somebody bothers you that much

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Go o u t s i d e.

Emitan

Maybe someday I can affect someone so much they want to be banned. I can only hope!

rdrr gnr

There has been some massive Wario64 backlash as of late. He has been off his game.

GlamFM

Banned
There has been some massive Wario64 backlash as of late. He has been off his game.

Some special rules seem to apply to him. A professional troll is what he is.

He does break some news here an there with is pretty awesome.

Very entertaining - a bit too negative as of late i´s say.

impact

Banned
Some special rules seem to apply to him. A professional troll is what he is.

He does break some news here an there with is pretty awesome.

Very entertaining - a bit too negative as of late i´s say.

He's real. Trolls aren't allowed on GAF.

Tokubetsu

Uncharted 3 would probably make an even worse movie. The narrative is weak as hell compared to the second, and filled with holes.

Nibel

It's quite funny reading how people talk about him as if he ain't here :lol

And watching the cutscenes only give Nathan Drake for example a new vibe: he doesn't seem to be responsible for any genocides anymore!
I wonder if developers will actually do something with this idea someday.

Card Boy

Banned

lol

I'm surprised you didn't call him an 'arse clown'.

Jimrpg

Someone did this for Silent Hill 2 also it's on youtube.

Nice! That would have been my suggestion for the next game to movie edit.

what about final fantasy X or other RPGs as they are usually really long... Ive seen them sell fake DVDs in Malaysia with final fantasy X obviously been cut just like this.

I believe an uncharted animated series would work; it could be like a parody show where Drake is hired by a nature channel to do a program similar to Bear Grylls. But with the focus on treasure hunting, and it always ends up with Drake going into combat with the local drug cartel or pirates.
Just to keep the animators and voice actors busy I guess :-D

Top Bottom