• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy edits Uncharted series into movies

wvujq.jpg

no seriously, fuck you guys.

NeoUltima

Wouldn't be surprised if they get taken down. I'm not sure it counts as fair use, it's just raw game footage strung together.

Crub

He should have avoided getting hit from gun shots. The main character taking countless of bullets to his body without showing any kind of physical damage is something that only happens in a game.

Epcott

This is what happens when a forum has some users with big personalities that are well known by the community, especially those that are on the more negative/sarcastic side of posting, there will always be some sort of backlash.

I think the problem is that Wario's posts are an inside joke to the longtime GAF alumni. There are posters (mostly new, a few old) who don't care for it. I don't know why, Wario is like a digital Fonzerelli.

You forgotten this spinoff movie. Drake's devotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKrm112QhrE

By the way, this made my morning!

JB1981

People who complain about UC encounters and enemy bullet sponges seriously just suck at the game. There are a few difficulty spikes and that's it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It really doesnt, even prepatch uc3 is a better shooter with smarter combat design. And yeah, Ive done insanity and crushing.
Well, the flip side is that I platinumed UC2, reached level 35 on the "demo/beta/Subway sandwich" thing and can't bring myself to finish UC3 even on normal because of the ship, so... opinions and so forth.

Well, the flip side is that I platinumed UC2, reached level 35 on the "demo/beta/Subway sandwich" thing and can't bring myself to finish UC3 even on normal because of the ship, so... opinions and so forth.
Dude, if you managed to get the platinum in UC2, you should breeze through UC3. It's even easier with the amount power weapons they toss at your feet. I'm assuming you're having problems at the main hall past the pool?

KAL2006

Banned
I personally don't mind Wario but I can see why some people don't like the guy. However if there were many posters like Wario it would be like GameFAQs forums in here and I would hate that, as long as these types of posters don't plague this place I don't mind. Luckily there are good posters here and we can get good discussions going, if everyone was sarcastic and tried to be funny like Wario this place would just be full of sarcastic jokes, memes, trolls posts and etc. This is why I use NeoGAF forums instead of other gaming forums.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Always have said that Uncharted would be a vastly better experience with 75% less enemies and 100% less of the awful awful supernatural diarrhea they insist on wedging in.

UC might have the worst moment to moment gunplay of any game I've finished this generation besides deadly premonition.

v1oz

I've never played the games. Bearing in mind that it will take me an entire afternoon to see these, are they worth watching?

I've never played the games. Bearing in mind that it will take me an entire afternoon to see these, are they worth watching?

No not really. The cinematics are largely there to give context to what you are doing, once you take out the "what you are doing" part they lose any significance (this goes for pretty much all video game cutscenes). They are worth playing if you like third person shooters though.

v1oz

No not really. They are worth playing if you like third person shooters though.

Oh ok. I've just had a sneak peak anyway. This is more like a watching a walkthrough than a movie. I thought the guy would have heavily edited it to give more of the fast pace & feel of a movie.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dude, if you managed to get the platinum in UC2, you should breeze through UC3. It's even easier with the amount power weapons they toss at your feet. I'm assuming you're having problems at the main hall past the pool?
It's been almost 5 months now, so I really can't remember exactly where I left off. I just remember feeling frustrated to the point where I just decided to give up.

I never tried it after the so-called "aiming patch", but I haven't really felt the need to go back to it either.

impact

Banned
It's been almost 5 months now, so I really can't remember exactly where I left off. I just remember feeling frustrated to the point where I just decided to give up.

I never tried it after the so-called "aiming patch", but I haven't really felt the need to go back to it either.

haha you suck

Sure.

I mean, I was tempted to watch all the cutscenes on youtube anyway. This guy's videos just makes it that much easier.

Why not just like... watch a movie. Or play another video game. The outcome of sitting down and watching a compilation video of Uncharted cutscenes would probably ultimately be negative sum.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Uncharted has the best third person shooter mechanics in the genre, so watching this playthrough is pretty boring when you leave out all the awesome action.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why not just like... watch a movie. Or play another video game. The outcome of sitting down and watching a compilation video of Uncharted cutscenes would probably ultimately be negative sum.
Well, I did end up playing another video game. :p
I just have this 60 dollar piece of plastic sitting here and watching these "movies" seems like the most efficient way to get to the "good stuff".

It's almost like Alan Wake, except the problem there was that the combat was just the same thing over and over again.

Frankfurt

Banned
People uploaded Asura's Wrath, the complete game, which is basically a somewhat interactive anime.

That's being too kind to Asura's Wrath. There's maybe 15 minutes of actual "interaction" in the entire game. Considering your actions don't affect the outcome of 70% of the game (you can even put the controller down and just watch - out of the 4 minutes of gameplay in each stage, you may spend 5 seconds where you have to press any button).

I used to know of a website that did that. The guy had a good collection of those movie-edit play-throughs of a bunch of PS2 games and most were pretty decent. He had the Xenosaga series, FF 12, Silent Hills, so on.

Well, I did end up playing another video game. :p
I just have this 60 dollar piece of plastic sitting here and watching these "movies" seems like the most efficient way to get to the "good stuff".

It's almost like Alan Wake, except the problem there was that the combat was just the same thing over and over again.

Dunno, the "good stuff" of Uncharted 1 & 2 to me was playing them on Crushing to squeak some small amount of challenge out of the games. I haven't played UC3 though.

I have read some stuff that makes UC3 sound pretty bad (being able to throw grenades back sounds like a terrible idea for one) but I will see when I play it sometime I guess.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dunno, the "good stuff" of Uncharted 1 & 2 to me was playing them on Crushing to squeak some small amount of challenge out of the games. I haven't played UC3 though.

I have read some stuff that makes UC3 sound pretty bad (being able to throw grenades back sounds like a terrible idea for one) but I will see when I play it sometime I guess.
Maybe it's just a case of me being older and not having enough time to grind through things. Certainly UC2 was a pain in Crushing at times - especially the final boss - but somehow I managed to get through it.
It probably didn't help that Gears 3 came out the same year and was pretty damn solid as a shooter and at level design (except, again, the final boss).

NeededSleep

Very awesome. This was way more entertaining to watch than the last Indiana Jones movie :(

Never played passed the first one thanks for posting this! :D gave me an enjoyable Sunday on the couch! :D

That's being too kind to Asura's Wrath. There's maybe 15 minutes of actual "interaction" in the entire game.

The game clock doesn't count QTE segments and there are a number of stages where the clock goes to twenty minutes. The game clock only counts the action game segments towards total times. The total gameplay time of Asura is more along the lines of 2 1/2 to 3 hours. While not the longest game, it's far more than your fifteen minute estimation.

As for games being dissected into a form of non interactive entertainment, what's the point?

That's being too kind to Asura's Wrath. There's maybe 15 minutes of actual "interaction" in the entire game. Considering your actions don't affect the outcome of 70% of the game (you can even put the controller down and just watch - out of the 4 minutes of gameplay in each stage, you may spend 5 seconds where you have to press any button).

That sounds better than Uncharted 3.

Top Bottom