• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to Chumbawamba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I recently started listening to Tubthumping after comparing another album to it, and honestly I cannot believe nothing has come of this band. I knew just about nothing about them when I was listening to them, but looking back it appears they had some history. Re-listening, they were kind of ahead of their time.

Any Euros have some insight here?

Notable tracks from said album (NOT including Tubthumper, fuck that song):
Mary, Mary
Amnesia
Drip Drip Drip

daviyoung

Banned
They threw some water over a member of parliament and disappeared back underground to rewrite the cookbook. Can't remember details, it was a long time ago. They're probably still playing pubs in Camden.

kissing the night away

It's pissing the night away.

Kelthink

They were (are?) a very political band, which never fits well with the media's cosy music image. Much like Billy Bragg. I liked them a lot more when I found that out.

Machine

Shit. Just reading the band's name in the thread title made me think of that godawful song. I really hate that damn song.

Wubby

I read the band name on this thread and I remember I really hated whatever it was that they sang. But for the life of me I can't remember how the song went or what it sounded like. This is one case where I'm definitely not going to satisfy my curiosity.

ITT a bunch of people make the same, terrible, joke.

They're still about but moved in a more actuation/folky direction for a while. As mentioned they're still very politically active. Their older stuff is well worth checking too, I love this track

Mouthful Of Shit

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
CHUMBAWAMBA%2B-%2B(1997)%2B-%2BTubthumper%2B-%2Bfront.JPG

AHHHHHHHHHHH

Hope someone finds a beavis and butthead watching a chumbawamba video online.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I remember Chumbawamba was on one of the YTV soundtracks I had, they were pretty good, around the same time as the Pokémon T.V. Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom