• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best song made specifically for a game

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Idk, all of Panzer Dragoon series soundtracks I guess, games used to have their own music as default, companies had their own orchestras and bands and musicians making stuff for them rather than licence it same as any other game dev field so there are so many how do you pick just one?

Last edited:

Corian33

Forever my favorite video game jam. All the music from the old C&C games were epic. Still have never heard anything quite like them. Plus hearing the notes just pushes nostalgia to the max.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

my-emotions-my-emotions-oqjleub35wxbmzcu.webp

Last edited:

Eimran

Since someone already mentioned MGS3: Snake Eater

I got this game when I was 13. 20 years later I still don't know what he's singing. But I love it

Last edited:
Don't think I've seen any of these mentioned yet, at least in this thread. Yet another night spent staying up too late finding some of the best video game music...a night well spent.

Especially the route E version, though I won't link it for obvious reasons.

This song basically makes the game.

Can't just pick one Ace Combat song.

Kind of cheating since this is two songs in one, but Autumn Hills is unreal.

When this song plays during the final boss.

When THIS song plays during the final boss.

Hard to pick just one song from this game.

So I picked a couple. Throw a dart and you'll hit an all-timer.

Always gets stuck in my head.

One of the most immersive game songs ever. Makes you feel powerful yet frail.

Didn't realize there was a media limit per post. Part 2:

So much personality, so upbeat.

Maybe the best battle theme music.

Though I think this one gives it a run for its money.

The quintessential RPG "town" theme.

Beautiful masterpiece.

Best version of a song I never get tired of hearing.

SHAKE YA BODY

Somehow the game took complete ownership of this song.

Too catchy for its own good.

Definitive song of the game.

Came here to post the burning rangers theme, glad to see someone else is a man of culture!
Yeah, I think some people missed the point if this Thread and its not about your fab game music, more about your fab game music that features lyrics/vocals written and made for the game

calistan

The ending theme from Life Is Strange 3. Weirdly it's by a duo I've liked for years and have seen live (Angus and Julia Stone), but I had no idea they were making songs for this soundtrack until I saw their names in the credits. They released a whole album of songs from the game.

Top Bottom