• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 9 minute Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Vita walkthrough

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Wait this doesn't come with Peace Walker? I guess you can just get the PSP version.

I recently got the PS3 collection and Peace Walker is so good ahh.

MMaRsu

Banned
This looks great like I held off in buying a console version because I didn't think I'd sit down and reply these at home.

Yeah it'll be amazing to watch those 15+ minute cutscenes on the go.. lol

But seriously I bought this collection for Ps3 and it's amazing, I will recommend this to anyone but I wouldn't really understand why you would get this for a portable console though.

injurai

Banned
I really want R&C Collection to come to vita, PORT ALL THE THINGS!!!

MGS seems to be given great treatment in it's port however, Koji rocks.

hitlerat

aram.jpg

Massa

But seriously I bought this collection for Ps3 and it's amazing, I will recommend this to anyone but I wouldn't really understand why you would get this for a portable console though.

I'm getting it on the Vita so I can play it on a portable system.

Ridley327

Has Konami's PR gotten so bad that they're using cutscene zoom-in as a bullet point?

Seems like a solid port, but $40 for this versus $40 for the console versions that come with a much better version of Peace Walker is pretty stupid.

i use my portable consoles both for Portable experiences as well as a console replacement. Half the time i'm Playing on my couch or in bed...

MMaRsu

Banned
I'm getting it on the Vita so I can play it on a portable system.

Well I understand that obviously, but what I'm saying is these are not really games for that 30/45 minute playtime most of these portables get ( using them during public transportation etc.. )

Not even the lack of Peace Walker can stop my hype for this game! Was tough not buying the collection on PS3, but I think it'll be worth it on Vita.

BadWolf

Well I understand that obviously, but what I'm saying is these are not really games for that 30/45 minute playtime most of these portables get ( using them during public transportation etc.. )

My daily 3+ hour commute says otherwise :p

sleep mode?

On a serious note though, the sooner we have console replacements, the more i'm genuinely content

Ridley327

Truth be told, having L act as a stalking toggle is one of the smartest things I've seen them do.

How that works with lock-on, though, remains to be seen.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Not even the lack of Peace Walker can stop my hype for this game! Was tough not buying the collection on PS3, but I think it'll be worth it on Vita.

You should get the PS3 version! No regrets!

For me it was worth it just having never played Peace Walker, but replaying MGS3 was nice.

I used to really enjoy MGS2 but man, it feels extremely dated. It's either the camera sometimes or the lack of CQC but I don't find it that enjoyable anymore.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
1) 720x448 is still notably higher than the PS2 version.

2) The output of the Vita is much cleaner while the PS2 only output in 480i.

3) The framerate should be more steady.

4) It's MGS3 on a portable.

MGS3DS has Crouch walking though. And normal maps.
Crouch walking seems like a good idea, but from playing the game, the enemy AI doesn't really seem to react all that differently to crouch walking as opposed to walking so it doesn't help. It's clear the game wasn't designed for it.

It also runs very very poorly and is generally worse looking than the PS2 original. Not a good port at all.

SmokyDave

Can't wait. I haven't played MGS2 in more than a decade!

I'm not getting it for a portable, I'm getting it for a handheld. It means I can chill on the sofa and play whilst the missus watches TV.

btkadams

when are they going to enable peace walker psp for vita?? has there been any announcement? i bought it this past weekend and forgot it wasn't compatible lol.

Top Bottom