• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New name for DLC in NEXT GRENETION GUMING from MS - A.P.C.

UberTag

APC certainly addresses the "download" stigma of DLC being bundled with game discs.
We won't complain about APC being physically on the game media, now will we GAF? See, it's cool and all 'cause we're not meant to download it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
1280680128_brick-in-the-washing-machine.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stump, I wouldn't call this crummy. I call this.....ENTERTAINMENT.

I feel that the normalization of $10-30 in "bonus" content that's actually basically required to enjoy the experience, especially with multiplayer shooters, is crummy. Why, what did you think I was talking about? :p

Mrbob

I feel that the normalization of $10-30 in "bonus" content that's actually basically required to enjoy the experience, especially with multiplayer shooters, is crummy. Why, what did you think I was talking about? :p

Though how else can the baaasheep enjoy the shootbang?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
OP unbanned and thread unlocked? So... is this true, then?

jaypah

Ok, for real...what the hell is going on? This thread was locked and crazy butt was banned. So was he right?

legacyzero

Banned
OH.

I thought you were talking about his timely unbanning.

Oh, and "NEXT GEN GUMMING". How appropriate to the subject of DLC HAHA

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
He was, then some mods thought better of it, probably due to a combination of the poster's historical accuracy and linguistic hilarity.

btw if you search for "additional paid content" on google, you'll find plenty of gaming results.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Soooo apc...why not just keep dlc? Because they want to avoid the disc key unlock stuff.

The real reason is that DLC stands for DownLoadable Content, and they want to not get in PR trouble for putting things on the disc, so they change it to "additional paid content." See, there's nothing in there that says it's "downloadable", so you totally can't get mad if it's on the disc, because it's just "additional".

The real reason is that DLC stands for DownLoadable Content, and they want to not get in PR trouble for putting things on the disc, so they change it to "additional paid content." See, there's nothing in there that says it's "downloadable", so you totally can't get mad if it's on the disc, because it's just "additional".

Exactly

"DLC? What are you talking about, disgruntled consumer? This is APC, it's totally different"

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Remember how GameStop stopped calling them "used" games and started called them "pre-owned games"?

OP might not be so crazy!

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Yes.. It makes alot of sense actually. DLC has gotten a bad name lately with all the on-disk and other issues going around.

Microsoft renaming it and also setting guidlines for it might be a good thing. So APC means it will not be on the disc and must be downloaded, and might have to include other specific features etc..

Top Bottom