• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are people allowed to shit up nintendo threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time some Nintendo news comes out a lot of users flood into threads just to stir shit.
Meanwhile a number of Nintengaf, who bring a lot in terms of discussion and personality, Have been banned in the lead up to E3.
Its gotten to a point that the majority of us are having our discussions outside of gaf.
Furthermore we are starting to feel ostracized by the mods and gaf community at large, This is compounded by some seemingly complicit mods who allow/turn a blind eye to what can only be described as anti-Nintendo trolling.
This is not to say we don't welcome valid criticism and discussion, but its obvious some of you who are posting in these threads have no interest in Nintendo nor any interest in anything other than being a debbie downer to try and rile a few fanboys and are getting away with it on regular basis, Posting inflammatory comments that would be shot down or get you a ban in respective threads of other consoles/games.
Some examples:

At least the Wii U will never collect dust once third parties bail within a year. Smart thinking by Nintendo.

There is so much ammo Nintendo gave its unreal.

Wii U Pro controller looks like the most uncomfortable monstrosity ever. Was completely unimpressed by everything except the hilariously awful/awesome comedy skits.

Nintendo drove the E3 hype train off the cliff for me. Banking on MS to get it back on track, could be a big mistake.

If Nintendo has to copy then it's pretty much confirmed.

360 Controller > all other pads

Face button placement seems wonky, 360 controller is asymmetrical for a reason.

Also what kind of batteries? Hopefully not the same as the 360 controller because of the huge ass uncomfortable battery pack.

when asked why:

Comfort/ease of use. With your thumbs on the sticks they need to both go left to access the directional and face buttons respectively. It's slightly more awkward in the long term for your thumbs to go in opposite directions to access the buttons (I think).

so wiiU:

• buy console
  • buy wiimotes (X4)?
  • buy pads (X2-4)
  • buy memory card of some ilk

I can't wait for the tally of parts to have their console experience. The fact that there's a pad for 3rd party games... is NOT a positive thing.

I don't know, but if the Wii U community is anything like the Wii community, I'm sure disconnecting as much as possible from that is a good thing. Nintendo fans are genuinely frightening people, like... creeps.

I wouldn't be worried about cocks anyway; more like Princess Peach hentai.

I have nothing to prove, I'm quite satisfied with the size of my controller! And there's no innuendo at all in this post!

Also: Thank god, the less emphasis on wiimote, the better. I'll miss pointer, but if the trade-off is not having to worry about game after game being molested by motion gimmicks, I'll accept the trade off.

[many] hardcore gamers don't accept motion controls because it's factually inherently inferior for 99.9% of all genres; has nothing to do with the ability to actually control that garbage. Plus many hardcore gamers never had any desire to dress up in link tights and prance around pretending they were holding a magical sword. Most were quite content to just swing the sword in the most direct, efficient, always reliable manner every time without concern that the game might interpret a motion incorrectly. With buttons = most efficient, always reliable, most effective method of directed control, period.

But hey, gimmicks appeal to certain subset of people - I suggest we start a new category called the "Gimmick Whores" and simply isolate all the individuals who gleefully wait for the next announcement where some game development company announces a new circus sideshow trick for application in less than 1% of all games as the new "paradigm".

it just goes to prove they're not above doing the same thing when push comes to shove. time to shout it from the rooftops, IMO, so people can shut the fuck up about "copying" other console developers.

I can definitely see a problem when playing FPS when your thumb and index are so close together. Fire trigger and look-around analog so close = accidental shots fired.

XCFfe.jpg

X82CM.jpg

Plus so much more.
So i implore you mods please clamp down on this as its really starting to create a chasm in our wonderful forum.

PS: Please un-ban AceBandage
PPS: i need to get off the computer now I'll be back for any replies after.

Salsa

Half of those are honest and valid opinions

and this is true of everything on the internet regarding anything ever

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How is it any different than every 360 related thread turning into "LOL KINECT" or Vita thread into "LOL BOMBA"

amar212

People *shit* in every thread.

However it is those threads about something *you like* that where you notice the *shitting* and get annoyed by it.

Also, what you describe as *shitting* is easily seen as *valid opinion* by some other individual.

Democracy and shit.

Card Boy

Banned
Pretty sure threads like this ain't allowed, also calling people out is never a good idea as it will bite you in the arse when people do it back to you.

Amir0x

Banned
hahahaha

and you cap it off with 'please unban AceBandage'

my god, best troll topic in ages. Seriously, bravo.

soultron

Banned
You're probably too into Nintendo to notice that everyone in the Big 3 has their detractors here on GAF.

WiiU is the console we'll be focusing on most this E3 so you're going to see a lot more shitting on (and hyping) Nintendo this year.

Vinci

Danish
I'm not a fan of people shitting up any threads. It's not unique to Nintendo, though it does feel a bit more aggressive in Nintendo threads, though that may have something to do with the fact that it's the company in the console market I pay the most attention to.

EDIT: Before everyone flames ahoy, I have no problem with critical opinions - but those are not the same as trolling. Anyone who paints them in the same light is doing the true critics a disservice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom