• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louie Season 3 |OT| Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

noah111

Still Alive
logo.png
sc77F.png
Louis CK's "Louie" Season 3 Premiers this Thursday on June 28th at 10:30PM
LlD53.png
[ WATCH PROMO ]

FX_Louie_S03.png

The critically-acclaimed FX original comedy series Louie is filtered through the observational humor of Emmy Award-winning stand up comedian Louis C.K.

From the inventive imagination of Louis C.K., Louie puts a spotlight on C.K.’s everyday ordeals, his quest to find love and his pursuit of humor. Each episode
features a scripted story and a mix of his stand-up comedy, which is original material for the series. The single-camera comedy is shot in New York.

Louis C.K. serves as Executive Producer, Writer, and Director for the series, and M. Blair Breard and Dave Becky are Executive Producers. Vernon Chatman serves
the show as Producer. The series is produced by FX Productions. This season, Susan E. Morse joined the production as Editor.

Tim Goodman (The Holywood Report) said:
Having watched the first five episodes of season three, I've found Louie to be as great as ever. It seems to be shifting into a higher gear, when no one thought that option was even available. [Read More »]

Ken Tucker (Entertainment Weekly) said:
Louis C.K. is writing, directing, and starring up a storm here, and his usual opening-segment stand-up routine, involving nearsightedness, is funnier than most sitcoms are in an entire season. [Read More »]

Maureen Ryan (Huffington Post) said:
There can be no doubt that "Louie" is the best comedy on television. [Read More »]

NeoGAF said:
Just fucking watch it.

Jay Sosa

You all will probably (well rather certainly) call me insane but I wish he would go back to the Season 1 format.

noah111

Still Alive
You all will probably (well rather certainly) call me insane but I wish he would go back to the Season 1 format.
And what format was that exactly? Honestly, season 1 and 2 blur together for me. They're both just so good I can't differentiate in my mind between the two. Hopefully S3 is just as good.

Cannot wait for this. Saw him twice perform stand-up near me (wish I could go a third time since he's in Atlantic City but things won't work out at the time) and he was great each time.

Jay Sosa

And what format was that exactly? Honestly, season 1 and 2 blur together for me. They're both just so good I can't differentiate in my mind between the two. Hopefully S3 is just as good.

First was a classic sitcom.

Oh wait I'm talking bout Lucky Louie, sorry for my confusion :D

noah111

Still Alive
Oh wait I'm talking bout Lucky Louie, sorry for my confusion :D
OH, hahaha. I think we all wish Lucky Louie wouldn't have ended, but at the same time Louie is a whole different kind of beast. More episodic and personal. I like both but if LL's death gave us this, i'm in.

Cannot wait for this. Saw him twice perform stand-up near me (wish I could go a third time since he's in Atlantic City but things won't work out at the time) and he was great each time.
Man I wish I get a chance to see him live one day. Really makes me wonder how long this standup success, especially with all-new material every year, is going to last.

So I feel dumb and all saying this, but I just found out that Louis CK had a sitcom before Louie called Lucky Louie. It came with a laugh track. And wasn't very good from what little I saw.

Blader

So I feel dumb and all saying this, but I just found out that Louis CK had a sitcom before Louie called Lucky Louie. It came with a laugh track. And wasn't very good from what little I saw.

I think Lucky Louie is fine but imo pointless to watch if you've seen his standup specials. Nearly all of the jokes in the show are ripped from his one-hours.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm not sure if Pamela Adlon is in this season; the Emmy interview he did with Deadline at least suggested she wasn't going to be producing this season.

big ander

I'm not sure if Pamela Adlon is in this season; the Emmy interview he did with Deadline at least suggested she wasn't going to be producing this season.
Yeah, I was pretty sure she wasn't producing this year at all. I could see her acting in an episode or two though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

IMDB is giving her writing credits for at least one episode though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom