• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

kassatsu

Banned
header.jpg

info.png

• Platform: PSN (PS3 & Vita)
  • Developer: Queasy Games (+ The Toronto Indie Game Scene)
  • Genre: Platformer, Music
  • Release Date: August 7th (US) August 15th (EU)
  • Price: $14.99 ($11.99 PS+) #YOPO (You only pay once) for PS3 & Vita
  • Demo: No
  • Official Site

previews.png

screens.png

videos.png

reviews.png

• PSNStores - 5/5
    Sound Shapes is a one of a kind blending of visual and audio stylings which packs enough gameplay to make it not just another "stylish indie game".
  • TheSixthAxis - 9.0 / 10
    In short, this is a startlingly fresh platformer with stacks of character and some really clever musical synergy. A complete joy from start to finish.
  • Polygon - 9.0 / 10
    While some might complain about Sound Shapes' willingness to be finished and enjoyed, I dare anyone to go through it remaining non-transfixed by exactly what Queasy and their musical and artistic partners have assembled. Sound Shapes is video game pop music, and those don't need to be dirty words.
  • Kotaku - Buy
    You get a unique sort of interactive listening in Sound Shapes, one that highlights how a good game can cross-pollinate your senses to make you feel alive in a different way.

community.png

footer.png

whitehawk

Banned
Nice OP. I hope it get's better the more you play it. I played it at a Sony event a couple months ago and didn't enjoy it at all.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So I'm confused are there two trophy sets or one?

Pretty sure it works like Stardrone and Motorstorm RC do? There are two trophy sets but they are shared together. So any trophy you earn on one platform you earn on the other.

Like I got 100% from start to finish on my Vita for Stardrone and then downloaded the game on my PS3 for kicks and unlocked all the trophies at once.

Clunker

That level editor video with Mak is mega- inspiring. Makes me want a Vita real, real bad, but I'll cope with it on PS3 until if/when I get a Vita someday.

I can't believe I actually preordered a digital title, but I'm stoked for it next week. Theme isn't too bad, either. Bring on the audio love! Between this and Dyad, my ears have never been happier.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'll be preordering this when I get home from work, and probably buying Malicious as well.

I can't wait until next Tuesday!

Corto

I'll patiently wait for the European release and then come back to this thread to gush. Until then gentlemen.

I'm thinking wether to buy it from my US or EU acc, if US then its much cheaper, if EU its more expensive but I'll be able to play it on the Vita too. Anyone know if EU gets a ps+ discount?

dreamfall

So effin' ready. Mak goodness, pre-ordered & ready for my Vita to finally get some more action since Gravity Rush. It'll be exhilarating!

Kureizu

I'm thinking wether to buy it from my US or EU acc, if US then its much cheaper, if EU its more expensive but I'll be able to play it on the Vita too. Anyone know if EU gets a ps+ discount?

Yes, EU gets ps+ discount. I preordered the US because it's normal price is basically the same as the EU price with the discount applied and I get it 8 days earlier. And you can play the US version on the vita, don't even need a second memory card to switch accounts.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Who are the other featured artists? I only know of Deadmau5, Jim Guthrie (Superbrothers), and Beck.

skynidas

Banned
lol preordering things from the PlayStation Store feels so dumb, but I did it anyway, I really want to play this game as soon as it comes out, oh and the preorder theme is cool too.

Chesskid1

Banned
know exactly nothing about this game, except i have a vita and it's a vita game.

will instabuy if it gets good reviews i guess.

bede-x

The golden age of platforming might be over, but considering we're getting Spelunky, La-Mulana, NSMB2, Deadlight and this in the space of a month(almost) I say it's not doing half bad. Cool Mak video btw.

StuBurns

Banned
This might be the most aesthetically refined game I've ever seen. And I seem to remember it looking pretty rough last year.

Interesting but expensive.

Will wait for a price drop.

Lol, funny you should say that, I had a friend thinking it was a retail release game because of how good it looked and the level creator. $15 for the amount of content in this game and the limitless number of songs and levels you can play and create is well worth it to me.

I get it for $12 thanks to plus :)

Cornbread78

I have3 the funds sitting in my virtual wallet for it, now I just have to see a little more before I pull the trigger on it, I've bought so much for my VITA already.....

When do reviews go up? Interested in the game but prefer to read some impressions, play a demo first. You'd think with pre-orders they'd have reviews out before release too.

Top Bottom