• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Broforce Forever, Everspace 2, A Short Hike, and More

TrueGrime

Been looking forward for EVS2 since it launched on PC in April. Been getting my space kick with NMS lately.

Stare-Bear

Banned
In the same month the PS5 gets the Alan Wake Remast...

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Why are some of you acting like Everspace 2 isn’t a good get?

Exactly, it's actually depressing to read that a good space game is finally coming to consoles (Because obviously there is so many already..) and most shit all over it..

Ridonculous.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Still can't believe they're updating broforce! Get it, just absolute fun!

I think this is just in time for the games final update on the 8th of this month.

If you miss out on Everspace 2 it’s your fault, game is fantastic. It’s probably even better than Diablo 4 all things considered.

curiosity GIF

Last edited:

poodaddy

Ok so Broforce is one of my favorites of all time, so consider me enthused for this offering, but it's still impossible to deny that Gamepass's catalogue quality is taking a major dive as of late. Hope it's not a sign of how it's going to be from now on, as I might just cancel it after my three years is up if it keeps dipping.

nikos

Nice to see a Broforce update. I was actually going to redownload that the other day. Also in for A Short Hike.

NEbeast

Says the person who only likes memes slating xbox and posts slating xbox ... hmmmm

Everspace 2 is great, rest is meh
Way to ignore what I said. Everspace was already on gamepass too, that the whole point. So we agree.
Ps. I liked one meme that sums this month up - you even agreed its pretty bad. Not sure why you even called that out.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Ok, games with gold may be gone, but seems like Microsoft wants to transform game pass offering into gwg type games. I honestly don't remember the last time I enjoyed something on game pass outside of FIFA.

Roberts

In the same month the PS5 gets the Alan Wake Remast...

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office
I think it is great for people who don't buy games at all, but for me personally this would be a bummer as I usually buy games like this - I just checked PS plus stuff that has come out during the last few months and all the big games I already had, some I have played on GP before and then maybe one or two games a month that would have interested me. The majority of games that come out on GP are new to me.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I’ll give the Hike game a go.

MS better do a huge dump of ActivisionBlizzard titles once the merger is done.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Ok, games with gold may be gone, but seems like Microsoft wants to transform game pass offering into gwg type games. I honestly don't remember the last time I enjoyed something on game pass outside of FIFA.
Have you at tried any of them, or do you only care about the big games? From my experience, I’ve enjoyed trying more of the smaller games than the bigger ones.

MadPanda

Banned
Have you at tried any of them, or do you only care about the big games? From my experience, I’ve enjoyed trying more of the smaller games than the bigger ones.

I try and lose interest. For example, I remember playing Inside and I think I got almost to the end, enjoyed the experience but got stuck and never bothered to finish it. I like smaller games, for example I played Nobody saves the world on game pass and enjoyed it a lot. I played Vampires Survivor and enjoyed it a lot. It's not that I'm looking for AAA games only, but game pass offering should have AAAs, AAs and indies so everyone gets their share and can try what they want. This way I feel I'm forced to try games just to get something out of my subscription and in my opinion that shouldn't be the case.

Also, my feelings could be duo to Microsoft setting the wrong expectation of game pass from the beginning. At the beginning it was marketed as a service to save money and enjoy plenty of games for a low monthly price and the games we got were like that. Big games with indies sprinkled on top of it. Now the focus is on something else while my expectation remained the same as before. It's just like Netflix and it's evolution over time.

Last edited:

Stare-Bear

Banned
I think it is great for people who don't buy games at all, but for me personally this would be a bummer as I usually buy games like this - I just checked PS plus stuff that has come out during the last few months and all the big games I already had, some I have played on GP before and then maybe one or two games a month that would have interested me. The majority of games that come out on GP are new to me.
Its more the fact that Alan Wake, once an Xbox exclusive, is now releasing on the PlayStation subscription service during a month where Gamepass releases shovelware… Microsoft short on cash to get Alan Wake Remaster on Gamepass?

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Gamepass was good - but I can't help but feel that it is a part of the streaming bubble that is slowly bursting. The content just isn't there to justify the price, unless you own no games.

I went through the Gamepass list last night. There's around 8 games that I don't currently own that interest me. 8. I worked out, it would cost me around $265AUD to buy them. A year's Gamepass works out at around $247AUD here.

The value proposition just isn't there. And, as with Netflix, I think that a lot of the business model is based on people simply forgetting to turn the service off.

This month's Gamepass additions are indicative of that. There's nothing there that suggests to me that I should maintain a game rental service, and I should pay Microsoft for the privilege of not owning my own software, with the trade-off being a 'massive catalogue'. They seem incapable of adding value to the service - for me - and I suspect for quite a few others, too.

Yeah, I know - Starfield. It'll be better on Steam, anyway.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Its more the fact that Alan Wake, once an Xbox exclusive, is now releasing on the PlayStation subscription service during a month where Gamepass releases shovelware… Microsoft short on cash to get Alan Wake Remaster on Gamepass?

I was gonna say what kind of ass backward analogy you're making here, but then I glanced at your post history. Nevermind.

Roberts

To be frank, I forgot 360 version was an exclusive, but anyway, the vibe I get is that Remedy has a better relationship with Sony these days.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It's not your typical, press A to climb, press B to "solve" telegraphed puzzle 3rd person cinematic, story-heavy, barely interactive piece of shit movie pretending to be a game. So people don't care.
Show me on the doll where PlayStation touched you :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
In for Everspace 2.

On that front, I guess you could argue that Gamepass is a cheaper way to play that game.

However, Gamepass has felt less interesting recently. I guess once MS start cranking out the first party games, it'll make sense. Currently though, not so much.

Just goes to show that Starfield coming soon can't sustain everything forever.

Last edited:

TrueGrime

I too once remember the time when a highly touted Playstation 1st party game called The Show released Day 1 on GP for the first time right alongside the full-priced PS5 version. ;-) And every year thereafter, they just keep popping up.

Anyway, you think a $50 game on steam with thousands of very positive reviews that released in early access three months ago on PC, is $50 on Playstation ($40 w/ PS+) when it releases on 8/15, and Day 1 on Gamepass is... shovelware?

200.gif

Last edited:
I too once remember the time when a highly touted Playstation 1st party game called The Show released Day 1 on GP for the first time right alongside the full-priced PS5 version. ;-) And every year thereafter, they just keep popping up.

Anyway, you think a $50 game on steam with thousands of very positive reviews that released in early access three months ago on PC, is $50 on Playstation ($40 w/ PS+) when it releases on 8/15, and Day 1 on Gamepass is... shovelware?

200.gif
Gamepass has been garbage this entire year. Filled with old ass games or indies.
Redfall came to it at least.
Starfield and redfall for an entire 12 months doesn't change how dire it has been.
Darktide too I guess.

Top Bottom