• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Broforce Forever, Everspace 2, A Short Hike, and More

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Gamepass has been garbage this entire year. Filled with old ass games or indies.
Redfall came to it at least.
Starfield and redfall for an entire 12 months doesn't change how dire it has been.
Darktide too I guess.

I mean, Monster Hunter rise, Wo long Fallen Dynasty , Atomic heart and Exoprimal were released this year on GP, plus, Starfield is coming this September so it ain't all bad.

I get what you're saying but credit where credit is due man

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Much like tv/movie streaming platforms

The amount of releases vs legacy games are inversely proportional.

We were always going go reach a point where these sub services were gonna have diminishing returns.

Unless MS/Sony and whoever else in the future constantly gets all the latest releases day 1 (which they won't, it's just not feasible) then these services will all end up making people go "meh" every month than "yaaaay", I mean how many more times can I get limbo for "free" 🤣

Pro tip: just sign up for the month when a game you want to play is available then keep your money.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

Gamepass has been garbage this entire year. Filled with old ass games or indies.
Starfield and redfall for an entire 12 months doesn't change how dire it has been.
Darktide too I guess.

As I've started to say a lot, Gamepass is only really good for back catalog titles, souped up, 60fps, back compat, etc.

But those titles are all cheap to buy. It's just not worth $17/mo.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Darktide too I guess.

Good thing then that there's a lot more than just 2 games for the entire 12 months ;)

adamsapple

Why are you pretending to be thick? There are games coming and going every month this year. And so far the games on offer have been diabolical.

A few big triple AAAs don't excuse it.

Agree to disagree. The games released this year and in the coming months, including day 1 global launches or day 1 Xbox-version launches, has more than justified over the price point a few folds.

I don't want to start a redundant list wars so I'll just link an article which lists all the releases so far this year.

DaGwaphics

Hoping for a better second half of the month.

September is a huge month which probably weakened August a bit.

Last edited:
Limbo ?? Really ms that game is like half a decade old I know starfield is coming but my god the last 2 months were absolute dogshits

TrueGrime

Darktide too I guess.

In the last year there have been 176 games that released for pretty much every genre. Hell, indies like SIFU and Stray were well received everywhere, but fuck the great slew of indies that smaller studios release on GP, Right? Garbage is subjective, especially when you get 3rd party offerings Day 1 that you're not throwing down full price for, which is one of GP's draws.

fallingdove

Agree to disagree. The games released this year and in the coming months, including day 1 global launches or day 1 Xbox-version launches, has more than justified over the price point a few folds.

I don't want to start a redundant list wars so I'll just link an article which lists all the releases so far this year.
They really haven’t justified the price of GamePass.

That list is terrible. If someone wanted to play any of those titles, they either did years ago or could pick them up for cheap without paying $18 per month. Subscribing to GamePass for more than a couple months a year is idiotic.

adamsapple

They really haven’t justified the price of GamePass.

That list is terrible. If someone wanted to play any of those titles, they either did years ago or could pick them up for cheap without paying $18 per month. Subscribing to GamePass for more than a couple months a year is idiotic.
Why does it matter to Xbox owners if a game has been elsewhere before when its the debut on this console and its launching on game pass? there's almost a dozen games like that on that list alone.

Let alone all the other day 1 releases on all platforms and the other assorted additions.

In the last year there have been 176 games that released for pretty much every genre. Hell, indies like SIFU and Stray were well received everywhere, but fuck the great slew of indies that smaller studios release on GP, Right? Garbage is subjective, especially when you get 3rd party offerings Day 1 that you're not throwing down full price for, which is one of GP's draws.

The amount of games and variety that comes along with the expected AAA, anyone who says it doesn't justify the price, it just sounds like they're talking about it from the outside without a perspective.

Roberts

So I’m sitting here with a vague hangover and couldn’t have asked for something more appropriate than Short Hike. It’s a great little title with innocent but cute sense of humour. Very chill, relaxed open world game where you collect shit, do mini games and platforming. Graphics settings has options to make it look like something from ps1 era all the way to something more modern. Recommend.

Top Bottom