• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt gives (a few) details about Cyberpunk

CD Projekt Red has opened up to offer the first new details on its new 'Cyberpunk' RPG game since its announcement in May.

The developer's community manager Marcin Momot talked up the game's custom player options and diversive plot, promising "way more freedom with customization of the main protagonist" than in The Witcher games.

"As opposed to the regular fantasy set-up with mages, warriors and archers, we're going for something different," said Momot. "In Cyberpunk, each character role will offer a set of special skills that will impact your stats in many different ways. That's where the challenge kicks in, we want to create a game where character customization will be strongly tied with the plot. Now going from that, we believe that we can make a game where, with many different role choices, you will get a very strong, engaging story, just like it was with The Witcher."

He went on to say, "We definitely want to give players way more freedom with customization of the main protagonist then they had with Geralt in The Witcher series. We are planning on letting them change their statistics, equipment, implants and much more."

Freedom, it seems, won't just be an attribute of the character customization, but of the open world, too. "Cyberpunk's story takes place all over the world, but we're going to focus on it's most characteristic venue - Night City. One thing is certain, we want to make a game with an open, living world that stays true to the source material," said Momot.

A recent CDPR job ad appeared to confirm multiplayer gameplay for at least one of its two in-development RPGs, but the firm has played down the 'multiplayer programmer' recruitment as R&D.

Source

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Really not liking the sound of multiplayer if it does show up here, as there' always the possibility it'll detract from the main game... but I kinda have to trust CDProjekt after the Witcher games.

KorrZ

Sounds good, just can't wait to see some actual gameplay, or screenshots anything. After The Witcher 2 they would have to seriously fuck this game up for me to not be there supporting them day 1.

Derrick01

Banned
The game taking place in one city the whole time could work really well, gives them more opportunity in making a great and massive city with plenty to do. If this is PC exclusive then the opportunity is even greater since they can program around a lot more RAM.

Noema

I want it, and I want it now.

The game taking place in one city the whole time could work really well, gives them more opportunity in making a great and massive city with plenty to do. If this is PC exclusive then the opportunity is even greater since they can program around a lot more RAM.

Sort of like Dragon Age II, except this will be awesome.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
lol, he wasn't talking about one city. He meant multiple cities at night.

I want random generated content to be used in this so I could enter every fucking room on the block and loot it.

iavi

There's no way this one is PC exclusive. PC/Next-Gen at best, which should still make for a damn good, technically impressive game.

WX3

For some reason more than anything I just want to see how this game looks. These guys craft some beautiful worlds and such a drastic change of venue from the Witcher titles is just perfect.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
lol, he wasn't talking about one city. He meant multiple cities at night.
No, Night City is a city in the setting.

V3xQl.jpg

charsace

Really not liking the sound of multiplayer if it does show up here, as there' always the possibility it'll detract from the main game... but I kinda have to trust CDProjekt after the Witcher games.
Its based a board game. And personally I miss the old days when games like this had multiplayer.

Anyone else super excited for this despite not liking The Witcher games? The setting makes such a huge difference to me.

Yep I used to play the PnP RPG this is based on, great times. Re: multi player if we're talking 2-4 player co-op that would be awesome and totally fitting with the source material.

BlackJace

Their next two retail titles are slated for 2014 and 2015 respectively.

I'm unsure which one this is, though I would kind of lean toward 2015 since it's the new IP.

Daaaaaamn. I thought this was already in full production. Boy was I wrong haha.

Fjordson

That's awesome. I don't know much about the P&P game, but I was hoping it would have something to do with a massive sci-fi city. I have faith that CDPR will nail that

Their next two retail titles are slated for 2014 and 2015 respectively.

I'm unsure which one this is, though I would kind of lean toward 2015 since it's the new IP.
Niro, have they said anything about platforms for either of those? I think I remember them saying their next project was going to be on multiple platforms, but I could be wrong there.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That's awesome. I don't know much about the P&P game, but I was hoping it would have something to do with a massive sci-fi city. I have faith that CDPR will nail that

Niro, have they said anything about platforms for either of those? I think I remember them saying their next project was going to be on multiple platforms, but I could be wrong there.

Yeah PC and next-gen console.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
TW2 worked fine on 360, sure, and that was a port.

Cyberpunk built from the start for consoles and PC? I'm not worried.

Best of all, The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 is no straightforward port. CD Projekt RED has taken a good hard look at the game itself and improved it across the board. This "Enhanced Edition" is in many ways a complete re-appraisal of the game, packed with meaningful upgrades encompassing gameplay, graphics, content and technology.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-witcher-2-tech-analysis

Sentenza

Me. Not a fan of the generic fantasy setting, much prefer my sci-fi :)
I prefer sci-fi too (probably more for genre starvation that for rational reasons), but there's very little "generic" about The Witcher setting.

Pretty much.

Hated TW series, but CDP does have solid game mechanics.
That's exactly what I *wouldn't* say about their games.
They have a lot of ambition, talent, style, and they achieved impressive results for their contained budget, but solid game mechanics aren't exactly their strongest point.

Top Bottom