• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: Philippines |OT| Return of the Cart-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
ibczMebikkJHcl.jpg

Season 25 of Survivor, premieres September 19th at 8PM EST.

-Features 3 tribes.
-3 returning players who were medically evacuated in previous seasons.

Meet the Cast (US only)
Meet the Cast (Non-US)
Entertainment Weekly Cast Bios

Eliminated

Zane
zane_knight_480x610.jpg

Roxy
roxy_moriss_480x610.jpg

Angie
angie_layton_480x610.jpg

Russell
russell_swan_480x610.jpg

Dana
dana_lambert_480x610.jpg

Dawson
dawson_480x610.jpg

Katie
katie_hanson_480x610.jpg

Jury

RC
rc_saint-amour_480x610.jpg

Jeff
jeff_kent_480x610.jpg

Artis
artis_silvester_480x610.jpg

Pete
pete_yurkowski_480x610.jpg

Jonathan
jonathan_penner_480x610.jpg

Carter
carter_williams_480x610.jpg

Abi-Maria
abi-maria_480x610.jpg

Malcolm
malcom_freberg_480x610.jpg

Runners Up

Lisa
lisa_whelchel_480x610.jpg

Michael
michael_skupin_480x610.jpg

Sole Survivor

Denise
denise_stapley_480x610.jpg

ibczMebikkJHcl.jpg

Season 25 of Survivor, premieres September 19th at 8PM EST.

-Features 3 tribes.
-3 returning players who were medically evacuated in previous seasons.
Rumored to be Mike Skupin (Australia), Russel Swan (Samoa), and Jonathan Penner (Cook Islands & Micronesia).

Meet the Cast (US only)

Individual cast bios coming.

Yup...those are the 3 I saw in another Survivor thread on GAF. Will definitely watch for
Skupin. Black Russ isn't bad either. Never cared for Penner

I gave up on last season pretty early cause Colton was a dipfuck.

Galang

Banned
Wow time flies!!! Not to thrilled about
Jonathan
returning if true. I know lots of people like
him
, but eh..

UberTag

Just a heads up reminder that results have been leaked for the NEXT TWO Survivor seasons... so be sure to be respectful with spoiler tags when discussing them.

Final results from Survivor Philippines...

DO NOT READ THESE IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY THE SEASON UNSPOILED... and please do not reveal them/discuss them without spoiler tags during the season.

The Final 3 are Mike Skupin (returning from Survivor Australia), Denise and Lisa. Lisa was universally disliked and it is widely expected that Mike wins the final jury vote. Clearly, speculation is all that can be done as the results will not be revealed until the finale in December.

Malcolm and Abi-Maria finished 4th and 5th. Malcolm was invited back to return and participate in Survivor 26 (another Fans vs. Favorites season) which was also filmed in the Philippines. Expect him to be one of this season's larger than life personalities.

Don't even quote your post as that shows the results.

But Gervais wins, right? Remember my local 5pm news running with that story back in S1.

whitehawk

Banned
Just a heads up reminder that results have been leaked for the NEXT TWO Survivor seasons... so be sure to be respectful with spoiler tags when discussing them.

Final results from Survivor Philippines...

DO NOT READ THESE IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY THE SEASON UNSPOILED... and please do not reveal them/discuss them without spoiler tags during the season.

The Final 3 are Mike Skupin (returning from Survivor Australia), Denise and Lisa. Lisa was universally disliked and it is widely expected that Mike wins the final jury vote. Clearly, speculation is all that can be done as the results will not be revealed until the finale in December.

Malcolm and Abi-Maria finished 4th and 5th. Malcolm was invited back to return and participate in Survivor 26 (another Fans vs. Favorites season) which was also filmed in the Philippines. Expect him to be one of this season's larger than life personalities.

Whuy would you even post this. get the fuck out of this thread.

789shadow

Banned
Okay, watched the EW vids, and I have to say, good job on the casting, CBS. The only dud is Angie. Artis is absolutely amazing, rooting for him to win. Zane is this season's Brandon. Katie gives me a winner vibe for some reason.

I really hate the idea of even posting that stuff in this thread. GAF is usually a pretty safe place for me when it comes to Survivor.

Couldn't get into the last season at all, hopefully this one ends up better.

Those spoilers are interesting, but I wouldn't buy into them 100% just yet.

This, wasn't the last two seasons results wrong? The last one I remember being completely right was Heroes vs Villains.

I think Fabio winning Nicaragua was revealed pretty early.

Yeah Nicaragua was spoiled, and RI would have been if Russell hasn't gotten found out by Mark Burnett. Basically if a Hantz or Shannon Elkins (or anyone else Jim Early can Facebook stalk and get information from, but they're the big ones; apparently Brenda also played a hand in spoiling Nicaragua) is on the show, it gets spoiled.

It's really hard to get a read on the cast just from these, I'm just happy they're finally in a new location.

Yeah Nicaragua was spoiled, and RI would have been if Russell hasn't gotten found out by Mark Burnett. Basically if a Hantz or Shannon Elkins (or anyone else Jim Early can Facebook stalk and get information from, but they're the big ones; apparently Brenda also played a hand in spoiling Nicaragua) is on the show, it gets spoiled.

It's really hard to get a read on the cast just from these, I'm just happy they're finally in a new location.

That's was I was thinking of. I thought the results started being less accurate once Hantz was found out.

UberTag

Why would you even post this. get the fuck out of this thread.
I posted them so people would be aware that they were out there and nobody would be inclined to post them unspoiled because they're already here. That big warning was there for a reason.

Incidentally, I do plan on posting during the season but will be commenting purely on the gameplay and dynamics of the tribes as presented to us in the show and not based on information disclosed elsewhere.

The one problem with all of these returning player seasons is that spoilers tend to be free-flowing once the shows are finished taping.
Was great having Survivor: One World remain largely unspoiled due to an entire cast of newbies.

TRIBE BREAKDOWN (you can read this if you just want to know how the tribes break down and who the returning players are)

KALABAW TRIBE {RED}
----------------------------------
Jonathan Penner {Survivor: Cook Islands / Survivor: Micronesia}
Carter Williams
Dana Lambert
Katie Hanson
Jeff Kent
Sarah Dawson
MATSING TRIBE {BLUE}
Russell Swan {Survivor: Samoa}
Angie Layton
Denise Stapley
Malcolm Freberg
Roxanne "Roxy" Morris
Zane Knight
TANDANG TRIBE {YELLOW}
Mike Skupin {Survivor: The Australian Outback}
Abi-Maria Gomes
Artis Silvester
Lisa Whelchel
Pete Yurkowski
Roberta "R.C." Saint-Amour

Also, Jeff Kent is a former Blue Jays / Dodgers / Giants major league baseball player.

Jeff_Kent.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
I posted them so people would be aware that they were out there and nobody would be inclined to post them unspoiled because they're already here. That big warning was there for a reason.

Incidentally, I do plan on posting during the season but will be commenting purely on the gameplay and dynamics of the tribes as presented to us in the show and not based on information disclosed elsewhere.

The one problem with all of these returning player seasons is that spoilers tend to be free-flowing once the shows are finished taping.
Was great having Survivor: One World remain largely unspoiled due to an entire cast of newbies.

TRIBE BREAKDOWN (you can read this if you just want to know how the tribes break down and who the returning players are)

KALABAW TRIBE {RED}
Jonathan Penner {Survivor: Cook Islands / Survivor: Micronesia}
Carter Williams
Dana Lambert
Katie Hanson
Jeff Kent
Sarah Dawson
MATSING TRIBE {BLUE}
Russell Swan {Survivor: Samoa}
Angie Layton
Denise Stapley
Malcolm Freberg
Roxanne "Roxy" Morris
Zane Knight
TANDANG TRIBE {YELLOW}
Mike Skupin {Survivor: The Australian Outback}
Abi-Maria Gomes
Artis Silvester
Lisa Whelchel
Pete Yurkowski
Roberta "R.C." Saint-Amour
Okay thanks. As long as it stays on the first page and isn't posted again :) I don't want to accidentally click it and have it spoiled.

edit: although you could have just said there were spoilers out there, and not actually posted them...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hate these spoilers. Go away.

The cast looks interesting, but I will never be happy about returning players on a non-All Stars season.

I also hope the editing is better. Last season's was bizarre.

Don't get the Colton hate. He was the only distraction from the "Kim show".

The overreactions to Colton were probably the best part of last season's thread.

Though many decided to hop on the Troyzan train once it became clear that he was the only player left who was clearly opposed to Kim; the whiplash hero edit he got certainly helped.

I still kind of like Kim as a winner. She played smartly, competed in the challenges, and steamrolled everyone else. The nonsensical justifications and rationalizing ("she was the least stupid of the cast; anybody could have beaten those idiots; former player X would crush her in theoretical season Y", etc) really didn't resonate. She's no Sophie, but I didn't mind the "Kim Show".

Ive seen
Russell Swan walking around the streets of Philadelphia
on a few occasions. Did not know he lived here. Just thought I'd mention that having seen his name in that list.

botty

Banned
No, the Kim show happened after Colton's Amazing Island of Hate.

Kim's flawless edit was evident since the second episode IIRC. However, Colton's limited time on the show made the editors highlight his actions even more. I do agree that the "Kim Show" did not happen until afterwards.

The overreactions to Colton were probably the best part of last season's thread.

Though many decided to hop on the Troyzan train once it became clear that he was the only player left who was clearly opposed to Kim; the whiplash hero edit he got certainly helped.

I still kind of like Kim as a winner. She played smartly, competed in the challenges, and steamrolled everyone else. The nonsensical justifications and rationalizing ("she was the least stupid of the cast; anybody could have beaten those idiots; former player X would crush her in theoretical season Y", etc) really didn't resonate. She's no Sophie, but I didn't mind the "Kim Show".

Yeah, compared to many reality villains of the past... Colton was very tame.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I imagine the cast's first encounter with the fruit flying golden fox bat. Should be fun.

Galang

Banned
Hated Colton. Never found him funny, but the fact that he didn't make it very far pleased me. I can deal with the characters I don't like as long as they don't make it to the final five or six. My most hated characters almost never make it to the final tribal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom