• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro Wii U at 299.99€/349.99€ confirmed for France

Nugg

Euro Wii U will be sold for 299.99€/349.99€, confirmed for France by Micromania. Destroy if old, Wii U threads are a mess, but I couldn't find this.

https://twitter.com/Micromania_Fr/status/246261203159117824

urOPg.png

KlotePino

What the hell, I WAS expecting something else, 250 for the basic bundle and 300 for the deluxe since apparently UK prices are 200/250 pounds.

Kouriozan

€=$ YAY!!!
Seriously, I'm pre-ordering on Amazon, just like with my 3DS, and it won't cost 300/350€ there at least :)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Micromania is the most expensive store in France though. I expect the price to be 20€ cheaper in many other outlets.

Don't prices in France include tax while the US prices don't? That'd pretty much account for a large amount of the price difference..

blixa

Banned
And I thought $350 USD was bad.

you shouldn't compare it.
everything is cheaper converted to the euro since the dollar is really weak right now.
it's a comparison that should not be made.
read up on exchange rates, which should already be an obvious thing, but apparently not.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So now all the exchange rates are 1:1? Awesome, can't wait to get my brand new Wii U for only 300 argentinian pesos!

hyduK

Banned
you shouldn't compare it.
everything is cheaper converted to the euro since the dollar is really weak right now.
it's a comparison that should not be made.
read up on exchange rates, which should already be an obvious thing, but apparently not.

I read up on exchange rates, and they aren't 1:1, or even close. So you're saying that 350 Euro makes sense for something that is 350 USD?

Europe is getting fleeced.

GimMick

Micromania is the most expensive store in France though. I expect the price to be 20€ cheaper in many other outlets.
Came here to post this. No one sensible mind would purchase systems/games there :lol

Anyway this is the price I initially expected. The premium pack with Nintendo Land is tempting but I'll probably go with NSMBU as my first game to begin with.

Don't prices in France include tax while the US prices don't? That'd pretty much account for a large amount of the price difference..
Yes but USA and Japan will still have the system for a bit cheaper. The tax isn't that big in the US especially. IIRC it accounted for 10-15 dollars in my 3DS bundle purchase.

Gambit

ah well, was hoping for 250/300, but fearing it would be this.

Anyway, will still get it. Just undecided which version. I cannot believe I am actually saying this but I want Nintendoland all of a sudden.

Top Bottom