• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Team Creating New Game For Wii U, Is A New IP

Nibel

And the bombs keep dropping

Monolith Soft is developing a game for Wii U, as well. Their title was not revealed during Nintendo Direct, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said Tetsuya Takahashi and the Xenoblade team are creating the game. This will be a new title not tied to an existing series.

Source

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I think we already knew this.

There was some vague / maybe mistranslated thing about them taking influences from Bethesda games, I believe.

Been rumored for awhile/of course they are. They've either been working on this or a 3DS game, and this makes more sense.

Will probably buy, whatever it is, day 1. I trust these guys.

AGITΩ

Remember when this got posted up last year?
DjL6E.jpg
BELIEVE

Ath

Xenoblade is my favourite game of the generation, I cannot wait to see what Monolith Soft do on Wii U.

I'm currently about 70 hours into Xenoblade.

Their next game could be based on the adventures of Strawberry Shortcake and it would still be an instabuy.

Hiltz

Interesting. I'm going to assume that we likely won't see a game on the scale of Xenoblade again now that Nintendo is dealing with HD development costs. Besides, Xenoblade didn't seem to sell very well (even in Japan) despite how great it was.

Top Bottom