• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Team Creating New Game For Wii U, Is A New IP

Seik

Banned
I know I'd love a Xenoblade 2, but maybe its a masterpiece that doesn't need to be stretched so it could maybe lead to fail, but that would surprise me since its coming from monolith.

Can't wait, my faith in them equals infinity.

Shahed

Assuming it's a RPG, there is my single biggest reason as to why I'm gonna get a Wii U.

Monolith's track record is amazing. I'm more interested in them, than the rest of Nintendo combined

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Whatever it is, bring it to US/EU without a petition this time.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Brilliant News!
Haven't finished Xenoblade yet, but I understand they didn't leave much room for a sequel, so new IP makes sense. I hope they continue expanding on the core concepts of XB though.

Hell, if they made a sequel to Disaster: Day of Crisis, I'd buy it.

Such an awesome purchase by Nintendo. Seriously.

I wasn't really a fan of Xenosaga but Xenoblade is amazing. They must really understand Wii hardware as well considering the final-product that Xenoblade is.

Daschysta

We've known this for a long time?

We didn't know for certain it would be a new IP.

Pretty important considering how often people bag Nintendo for not creating new IP.

Since Wii-U was unveiled Nintendo has now 2 guaranteed new IP from esteemed developers, and the console hasn't even released yet!

The two of course being

1. Mystery Monolithsoft game (Xenoblade team)
2. The Wonderful 101 Platinum Games (Nintendo owns the IP)

In addition Pikmin is also a lesser used IP.

These developments should be comforting to those who love Nintendo games, but would like them to branch out more from their established mega franchises a bit.

jbueno

As much as I would have loved a new Baten Kaitos, I feel that there´s not much more to do with the series. Would definitely love an HD remake/port though.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
As crazy as it sounds it feels like Nintendo are using the insane revenue they've been generating over the last few years to subsidize the high-budget development of games they know will most likely not be profitable.

Star Tropics RPG

I can dream right? It's so old of an IP it's new?

Either or, looking forward to it. Xenoblade was easily the best JRPG I played in ages

Disaster: Week of Crisis

Disaster: GOTY of Crisis

Disaster could be done much better justice on this new hardware, I really liked it.

It'd be cool if its something high fantasy or anime influenced (that floating city makes me think of Battle Angel) - but what if.... Pokemon?

I know their game will be a new IP, I just think Monolith could actually do it justice in full 3D, make a massive world etc.

I remember reading about Monolith's new HD project before. Weren't they looking for artists with previous mecha designing experience? It's been a while, so I'm not sure, but I think it was something like that.
Either way, very much stoked for this, whatever it turns out to be.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
And the bombs keep dropping

Source

eyvNG.gif

Daschysta

That's the cool thing about Nintendo Direct, the competition makes a move? Bam suprise nintendo direct. We know they have tons of things in development that they could show/tease now, both 1st and 3rd party, but are for the post launch (post march 2013) period, they have lots of cards up their sleeves and the perfect platform in ND to communicate with customers and fans directly and with short notice.

E3 2013 looks godly already though.

1. Retro's game should be showable.
2. Ditto to Monolith's game.
3. By that time EAD should have at least 1 big title ready to show.
4. Bayonetta 2 should be ready to have a trailer of.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well of course I'm looking forward to THIS new game, whatever it may be, but... guys, MonolithSoft. I really would not be in the least bit upset if you just, ya know, released an HD port of Xenoblade Chronicles while you're busy on this new project. Just to keep the coppers rolling on in. Please?

Mondriaan

I look forward to NOA staying silent about whether the title is coming to North America for months after the game releases in Japan.

Daschysta

I believe the Bethesda comment was more along the lines of "we want to show the world that Japanese developers can compete with high budget graphically intensive Western RPG's, such as Bethesda.

Doesn't imply they are westernizing the game, just states a goal to be able to compete in terms of budget, scale, and technology.

Hopefully Nintendo gave them a blank check to let their imaginations go wild with!

I really like that Nintendo is using its financial muscle to fund some riskier projects, such as this, W101, and Bayonetta 2.

Plus if this has a high budget nintendo is much more likely to release it in the West in a timely manner to get the highest possible return on the investment.

jimi_dini

There's someone I know who would kill for exactly this.

He's probably alone.

I guess you aren't talking about me, so there would be at least 2 people, who would kill for this.

IF Nintendo would announce this as another release title (Disaster: Week of crisis), I would buy a Wii U on release. They could ask for 500EUR, I wouldn't care.

Boerseun

Banned
Going by their track record it will be next gen's JRPG of the generation (following Baten Kaitos Origins and Xenoblade Chronicles).

Top Bottom