• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psycho-Pass |OT| Minority Report x Judge Dredd x Ghost in the Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

ih4KfZjbVVanA.jpg

Title: Psycho-Pass
Genre: Sci-fi / Action
Length: 24 minutes x 22 episodes

Official Site: http://psycho-pass.com/
Official Stream: FUNimation, Every Thursday @ 11:45am

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_A_wsT5WQE

ibm94RHPGHC06k.jpg

Introduction

Get ready for Psycho-Pass, a hardboiled, gun-slinging sci-fi series from the creator of Madoka Magica and the studio that brought you Ghost in the Shell.

In the future, even just thinking about a crime is enough to make you guilty – and justice is dispensed from the barrel of a gun. Detectives work in teams made up of Enforcers and Inspectors. Enforcers take out the bad guys, and Inspectors make sure their partners don’t cross the fine line between good and evil. The great equalizer in the war against thugs is the Dominator, a futuristic weapon that can read minds and assess the probability that a citizen will turn criminal.

There are no trials. Only Enforcers, Inspectors, and the Dominator. Commit a crime in your mind – and the Dominator will make sure you pay the ultimate price.

Story

In a future with the technology to scan and analyze the psychology and personality of a person in an instant, the worth of one's soul is measured and recorded as a systemetic set of values - that is a person's 'Psycho-Pass'.

To protect and uphold the illusion of a utopian society, the Ministry of Welfare's Public Safety Bureau employs this system against those who are deemed by the system to have a high criminality coefficient, and locks them away.

To fight actual crime that slips through the cracks, those potential criminals found suitable are offered positions as crime Enforcers instead - after all it takes a mind capable of understanding a criminal to catch one. Inspectors are chosen from the elites of society to monitor and lead these Enforcers - the system's leash on these necessary but untrustworthy hounds.

This is the story of the men and women of the Criminal Investigation Department, and their pursuit of justice...

Staff

Chief Director: Katsuyuki Motohiro (Bayside Shakedown)
Director: Naoyoshi Shiotani (Blood-C The Last Dark)
Story Concept: Gen Urobuchi (Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero)
Script: Gen Urobuchi, Makoto Fukami, Aya Takaha
Original Character Design: Akira Amano (Hitman Reborn)
Character Design: Kyoji Asano (Tokyo Marble Chocolate)
Art Director: Koji Eto (Fate/Zero)
Music: Yuugo Kanno (Library War, Birdy Decode)
Animation Production: Production I.G (Patlabor, Ghost in the Shell)

Opening Theme:
"abnormalize" by Ling Tosite Sigure

Ending Theme:
"Monster without a name" by EGOIST

Cast and Characters

Kana Hanazawa as Akane Tsunemori
Tomokazu Seki as Shinya Kogami
Takahiro Sakurai as Shōgo Makishima
Akira Ishida as Shuusei Kagari
Kenji Nojima as Nobuchika Ginoza
Kinryuu Arimoto as Tomomi Masaoka
Shizuka Itou as Yayoi Kunizuka
Miyuki Sawashiro as Shion Karanomori
Noriko Hidaka as Dominator

ibwhZGVOjE3U4j.jpg

EVOL 100%

So the story is by the the guy who did Madoka? That was decent, I guess I will be checking this out.

And who is kayos and what did he did

Jarmel

Banned
We'll see how it goes but the staff for the most part is pretty topnotch. Anybody who watched and liked Madoka or Fate/Zero should be pretty hyped.

I'm really interested in two parts of the staff though and how they'll perform. The first is Shiotani and the other is Kanno. Both are definitely capable so I'm looking forward to what they put out.

Soma

Hoping this turns out to be good. I'm always down for some good Sci-Fi anime and I've enjoyed pretty much everything I've seen from Urobuchi (still haven't played Saya no Uta yet).

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You guys made me think this aired today :(

Also, this looks like some generic ass fujoshi bait garbage. Character descriptions all scream "Hey, this guy is a cool dude. Look at his pose. Man he is so cool." Try hard garbage.

Dropped

yami4ct

You have. Welcome to a thread about a serious scifi action anime, without AnimeGAF ruining it. Hope you stay.

We try not to ruin everything. I'll be on my best behavior. I'm not into the whole AnimeGaf inside joke stuff anyway.

Did I mention, this show looks awesome? Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom