• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fly'N |OT| Save Helycia from the mad hair dryer

Oh, wow. Never heard of the game before. Looks artistically gorgeous, and the animations are amazing. Great job on the OP.

Is there a demo? Can't believe there aren't a lot of posts in this thread.

Gintoki

Oh, wow. Never heard of the game before. Looks artistically gorgeous, and the animations are amazing. Great job on the OP.

Is there a demo? Can't believe there aren't a lot of posts in this thread.

Nope, there is no demo for it.

I'll be getting the game by sunday/monday as I'll be getting my pc by then.

Nosgoroth

Wow. WOW. I'm going to preorder this so ha-

I-it's already out. It's only 6.29€.

Why is this the first time I hear of this game.

EDIT: Aaaand bought and downloading and I'm already connecting my 360 pad.

EDIT2: Okay, where is my pad, come on, the game is already half downloaded.

Wunder

Aaa looks awesome! Nyls seems to be the coolest just at a quick glance at the gifs - will check it out later!

Nosgoroth

Ugh, much as I really like what I'm seeing, my CPU can't handle it. The (1080p, I suppose) FMV plays very choppy, and the framerate in the actual game is kind of low.

Why must you treat me so, old friend? :(

Does this have controller support? If so, day one.

It does, and day one is today.

Wok

Ugh, much as I really like what I'm seeing, my CPU can't handle it. The (1080p, I suppose) FMV plays very choppy, and the framerate in the actual game is kind of low.

Why must you treat me so, old friend? :(

It does, and day one is today.

What is your config?

I am pondering whether to buy the game. In France, it costs 9 €, not as good a deal as in Spain or in the US.

Core 2 Quad 2.3GHz (it is old), Geforce GTX 560, 3GB RAM, really crappy mobo.

Ouch. My pc won't handle it: Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 / 2.5 GHz

RAM
Installed Size 2.0 GB / 4.0 GB (max) .Technology DDR2 SDRAM .Memory Speed 667.0 MHz .Memory Specification Compliance PC2-5300 .Form Factor DIMM 240-pin .Features Dual channel memory architecture

Wunder

Played a few levels and thought I'd just throw my first impressions out there.

Feels pretty floaty right now, so I swapped out to a gamepad and it feels a bit better. It feels a lot like Yoshi's Island for the DS and a bit Pixel Junky (Shooter/Eden). Explorable but still linear to an extent, lots of 'hidden' sections where you find stuff to collect and really nice aesthetic. I would recommend the gamepad as it was pretty hard to control the first character on my keyboard and I couldn't really do jumps well.

Also, I thought it was one of those games where they hide the collectible amount until the end of the level but they actually display most/all of the important information in the top left so that's a nice touch as I'm the kind of player that wants to look for stuff but also doesn't want to spend endless amounts of time searching for things if there isn't anything to actually search for, if that makes sense.

Twinduct

Someone asked for Fly'n screens.
9B7530D0DD993808E41CC8C284711F48D56D6A0A

DCBBF21ED84F0A40911518845FDC1C86BB9DA5F2

259C908592DECAEE1257EDF54906D168580EA148

5C6AD91FD287486BE4730D0A0790E16CF4D5B2BE

Bonus:
E3F25502E0ED3EF632B3BDEC0BAF343BAC99C11E

More here, Will update every now and again

Het_Nkik

Ah, I came across this game while browsing Greenlight and gave it an upvote based on the video. Glad to see it's out. I'll try to snag it sometime this month.

Saw it in the Steam update notes just now... glad there's already an OT for it!

Sigh, looks like just another one of these irresistible 2d indie platformers i have like a gazillion of already in my Steam backlog and will likely never get around to playing DAMNIT :(

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Very pretty but I don't find it very fun yet.

I would have preferred a Metroidvania in that setting and style.

Do you get new abilities later, I can't figure out how to progress past a point in the bonus zones, it's simple but seems impossible.

Wunder

Just hit Lyft (green bud) and I can kind of see where this game is going now, and it's pretty exciting. Platforming still feels pretty weird because it's very floaty and switches between very fast movement to slow glide, and it's a bit jarring especially since the glide and the day/night mode doesn't always trigger immediately.

I definitely got pretty frustrated in one of the later solo blue bud levels, and the game even asked me whether I wanted to 'stop the impending wall of doom', which was more annoying than funny at that point. I can definitely see how this game gets more complex and while it's interesting it might also be the kind of game which annoys me more than it entertains me, since there doesn't seem to be a map and there a lot of hidden paths that you can take to discover secrets. I dunno, maybe I'm playing it a little bit wrong but it just feels a bit awkward right now.

allansm

This game is fantastic. The art is beautiful, as good as Rayman Origins, even being an indie game, the gameplay is solid and it is pretty long for a game this cheap. It took me 13 hours to finish and I did not bother getting everything and unlocking every bonus level. The difficulty is spot on: never too ease or too hard, unless you are trying to get 100% completion. The way collectibles work is also similar to Rayman Origins, being the gameplay similarities stop there. The pace in Fly'n is slower and there is an emphasis in using the abilities of each of the 4 characters to overcome obstacles and transverse the levels, which are not simple left to right affairs: they are big and sprawling and you move both horizontally and vertically, free to go back and forth. Although the game is 2D, the level design reminds me of the levels in the 3D platformers of the N64 era. Buy this game, it's totally worth it even for full price.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Played a few levels of this. Fantastic so far though. The art is charming, bright and vibrant, and the animation is GORGEOUS.

The presentation of "NATURE GOOD TECHNOLOGY BAD" in the game is a little trite though.

Gameplay is also pretty fun. Takes a bit of getting used to on KBAM though.

Top Bottom