• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic 3 releases in December 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

Jim Carrey will reprise his role as the mad scientist with the formidable facial hair in “Sonic the Hedgehog 3.” The news comes despite the fact that (and here there be spoilers) the second film in the series ended with Dr. Robotnik falling from a giant robot to the ground below, a potentially fatal tumble. In the film’s post-credits scene, however, it is revealed that Dr. Robotnik’s body has not been found, setting the stage for Sonic’s main antagonist to make a dramatic return.

Last edited:

Trunx81

Shadow The Hedgehog GIF

YCoCg

Well nothing to worry about now.
Was he ever NOT coming back? Like seriously? He probably said that to get another dump truck of money handed to him to "convince" him to come out of his self imposed retirement. I do hope they let him be fat in this one though, he always expressed he wanted to wear a fat suit to be more accurate to Eggman.

Power Pro

The first one was mid, the second one terrible. I guess the only way is 1up.
They're not perfect by any means, but I wouldn't be that harsh on them. They are both surprisingly entertaining. I think I remember enjoying the second one more, except for the entirely pointless wedding scene.

Honestly though, I think the Sonic movies are better than the Super Mario Bros movie, which...was just not very interesting. I felt like the Sonic movies actually get their characters spot on.

Saber

Gold Member
Since Jim Carrey is returning, I believe the comedy side is once again up for business.
Because let's be honest, they never try anything closely funny with Shadow. He is the embodyment of edgy, probably a self insert Iizuka when he dream being an edgy furry.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Keep the dumb ass aunt/sister out of this one.

The whole wedding subplot ruined the second movie. We wanted wanted Sonic, not whatever that was.
Totally agree. Her "role" was brief in 1, but in 2 it was just horrible. Was it due to limited SFX for Sonic? Just a padded script? Some weird contract issue?

Alas I fear they will triple down on her for 3 with even MORE shenanigans.

Just show more of THIS if they need more run time.
UgyRvw6.jpg

This goddess lounging in a bikini, being fanned by some palm branches, fed grapes by my han....err, what were we talking about?

SJRB

Gold Member
Haven't seen the second one yet but glad that Jim Carrey returns because he was really great in the first movie. Incredible actor.

Totally agree. Her "role" was brief in 1, but in 2 it was just horrible. Was it due to limited SFX for Sonic? Just a padded script? Some weird contract issue?

It is really strange, because the movie is too long at 2 hour 2 minutes. They could've easily shaved off 20 minutes of all that filler and made up some other excuse to get them to Hawaii for the finale and it would've been a much better film.

Nvzman

They're not perfect by any means, but I wouldn't be that harsh on them. They are both surprisingly entertaining. I think I remember enjoying the second one more, except for the entirely pointless wedding scene.

Honestly though, I think the Sonic movies are better than the Super Mario Bros movie, which...was just not very interesting. I felt like the Sonic movies actually get their characters spot on.
I agree with the first sentiment, the first two movie are both equally ok, just in different areas. They are decent kid flicks.
The Mario movie I think was the same way, it was equally as good as the Sonic movies for different reasons. It was more faithful to the source material and was fully CGI as opposed to the hybrid stuff, but the actual writing was arguably a lot more shallow and generic than the Sonic movies (which are already pretty generic tbh).

AustinGAF

Neo Member
I Watched the first 2 Sonic Movies when it was at the Movie Theater. I'm gonna see this one at the movie theater when it comes out. Thank you for giving us the trailer too.

AREYOUOKAY?

Since Jim Carrey is returning, I believe the comedy side is once again up for business.
Because let's be honest, they never try anything closely funny with Shadow. He is the embodyment of edgy, probably a self insert Iizuka when he dream being an edgy furry.

Kadve

So we have:

An original movie

A Sonic 3 inspired movie

And a (presumably) Adventure 2 inspired one.

What next? Heroes? Or try to get Silver involved and go for 06? Maybe even combine it with the Black doom invasion from "Shadow". After that it might be hard though as the games don't really have that much plot that would work for cinema.

Last edited:
Top Bottom