• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Network + Miiverse Thread: RIP Friend Codes, 2005-2012

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'll have a slightly better looking OT later today, but since some GAFers (including myself) have gotten their hands on Wii U's already we decided to make a thread similar to the 3DS Friend Code one... but without Friend Codes.

Edit- Responses opened up once again.

Remember: only add friends via Miiverse "search users" function! Otherwise they will never see an invite.

Quote this post to see the links:

Add

View

Thanks, Andrex. I'm totally going to re-enter this thread when I get my Wii U and when I get Mario Kart U.

I wish there were a way to create an ID on a friend's Wii U to use later...

Somebody please explain how the messaging system works between friends and how the system notifies you when you have messages. I love u long time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Since this is the official Miiverse thread is what I'm hearing about the "unYeah" button true?

Yeah, it's kinda humorous.

Because "Yeah!"s are what Nintendo is calling "Likes," to "Unlike" something you "Unyeah!" it.

"Unyeah!" sounds like some kind of perverse grunting maneuver, actually...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
just wondering, but how do we avoid lurkers from posting their NNID in those gdocs files?

I guess we don't, but I would personally use the list more as a reference than something you should seek to replicate on your system (by friending everyone on it.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ALD2p.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Mine will be on that list in about, hmm, 10 to 12 hours, depending on how long it takes my Wii U to update and all that :p

Jamie OD

Because "Yeah!"s are what Nintendo is calling "Likes," to "Unlike" something you "Unyeah!" it.

I like that. Nice bit of Engrish to go along with the procedings.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
NNID? Why the "ID" part?

"What's your PSN?"
"What's your gamertag?"
"What's your NNID.. dddddd"

How about : NN?

If you want to pronounce it as a word you could just drop the network part and call it a Nintendo ID or Nid.

Out of curiosity, what is the maximum length of an ID?

PokéKong

I think they avoided Likes and Hearts because they wanted it to be a more general empathizing feeling which can be applied to either someone posting about an achievement or a hardship, since "liking" the latter would seem to imply you're taking joy in someone else's struggles, so instead they wanted to go for something more like "I feel ya, man."

Rehynn

Can you just search for a person and send a friend request without both of you having to enter the other's NNID?

Someone will definetly make a wario one.

Are you worried someone will take you name before you get your WiiU?

Note to self: Make NNID TurkishEmperor

Lol! Don't BGBW... I already had to use a different gamertag(turkishemperor2) because someone else snatched my name. :(

madmackem

Does anyone know what options are shown when you click on your friends list? can you see a history or anything of your friends play?.

Can someone describe account names vs display names? Are display names shown in online multiplayer like Black Ops 2, or just to friends on the dashboard?

dock

Can my housemate and I sign up for our own individual NNIDs on my Wii U?

Does it tie to the Club Nintendo login, or whatever country login you have?

I hope they patch this into 3DS ASAP!

Top Bottom