• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U eBay resale / sellout / availability discussion

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=wii+u+console&_sop=16

jIHpmuRahZEOD.png

At least gaffers are admirable enough to not go about buying multiple copies for the purpose of selling them on eBay.

Edit: This is now a serious thread.

Average profit right now is $100 because it is being flooded. Look again the Monday after Black Friday for the real prices. Also, look at completed auctions to give you an idea of what they are selling for on average.

JDSN

Banned
Pretty sure there was a Gaffer that bought two to sell, he was bitching about paying 0.50 on that other thread.

jonno394

At least gaffers are admirable enough to not go about buying multiple copies for the purpose of selling them on eBay.

I've read at least one post today saying they bought three Wii U's today and have two in the mail tomorrow purely for the purpose of eventually making enough so that his Wii u is free.

Lmfao I hope they all get stuck with multiple WiiU's

Worst case people can just return the to the store for a full refund if they aren't worth it to sell.

I've read at least one post today saying they bought three Wii U's today and have two in the mail tomorrow purely for the purpose of eventually making enough so that his Wii u is free.

Yup, I'm flipping my pre-ordered unit to get myself a free unit as well.

Resell market is already saturated, or there's just not nearly as much demand compared to prior gens.

Deluxes are going in the 450~ range

Even if they can't sell it chances are they can just take it back to the store, so their loss won't be that bad (ebay listing fees).

I've seen 4 people walk out with Wii U's this morning. They are easily available. These people are derpy if they think someone will pay that much for one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've seen 4 people walk out with Wii U's this morning. They are easily available. These people are derpy if they think someone will pay that much for one.

Wait until Christmas. If you think supply can keep up with demand, then either you're crazy or the Wii U is a huge failure.

RPGCrazied

I hate scalpers. They only do it for profit, but I see it as taking the ability to buy away for legitimate customers wanting to buy it.

Linkhero1

Good luck with this. People were able to walk in and purchase them at my local Targets lol. I don't think we'll have another Wii type launch.

1-D_FTW

Average profit right now is $100 because it is being flooded. Look again the Monday after Black Friday for the real prices. Also, look at completed auctions to give you an idea of what they are selling for on average.

And that's being charitable. Many include free shipping (which buyer then eats). It's also not including sales tax buyer needs to pay and the ebay/paypal fees. A lot of auctions are not much more than the brake even point. So it truly is a bomba market... although OP was mistakenly gloating because some dumbasses can't click on "Completed Auctions" and know how to appropriately price their listing.

Aeana

Good luck with this. People were able to walk in and purchase them at my local Targets lol. I don't think we'll have another Wii type launch.

I think it's hard to say before Thanksgiving and Black Friday has come and gone. We'll see what happens. I remember during the Wii launch, post-Thanksgiving-get-togethers, many more people were trying to get one.

Megasoum

Banned
I wish the manufacturers would enforce some kind of mendatory sign up for the Live/PSN/Nintendo Online directly at the retailer. You would then be tied in permanantly to your console. Would eliminates those scumbags.

And that's being charitable. Many include free shipping (which buyer then eats). It's also not including sales tax buyer needs to pay and the ebay/paypal fees. A lot of auctions are not much more than the brake even point. So it truly is a bomba market... although OP was mistakenly gloating because some dumbasses can't click on "Completed Auctions" and know how to appropriately price their listing.

I agree. To many noobs flooding the market right now. Next Monday we will see what it really is worth. I'll either flip mine or return it to the store at that point.

So at most, right now they'll probably make a $100 profit.

Not sure its worth the time/energy unless they are waiting

Fixed for you. Don't think today is the entire next month. The closer we get to Xmas, the more desprate parents get. Right now everyone thinks they can get them in stores. Time will tell.

If you can find a WiiU anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it.

snap0212

I'll never understand people who need something so bad that they're willing to pay more than the MSRP. I mean, they'll be in store again eventually anyways, so why exactly would you pay more simply to have it now when you know the person on the other side is laughing their asses off because you're so dumb?

Darko

Resell market is already saturated, or there's just not nearly as much demand compared to prior gens.

Deluxes are going in the 450~ range

not even worth it .... it cost around 400 with tax here... plus ebay fees... $20-$30 a console... no thanks

Linkhero1

I think it's hard to say before Thanksgiving and Black Friday has come and gone. We'll see what happens. I remember during the Wii launch, post-Thanksgiving-get-togethers, many more people were trying to get one.

True. I think the holiday rush will make people want it more. I'm not sure how it was at other locations but it was fairly easy for a person to walk in an pick one up without trying today. Hopefully these scalpers don't gain anything out of it.

Top Bottom