• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TearAway (Media Molecule's Vita game) Developer Diary #1

Carl

Thought people would appreciate the update on one of my favourite reveals of GamesCom

Well, it’s been a few months now since that tense and exciting moment at Gamescom, and it might seem that we’ve been super quiet over at Mm Towers, but we haven’t! For the Tearaway team, it’s been non-stop. We immediately began to tackle a lot of the key areas of the game we felt weren’t strong enough, and focusing on the bits that will become the foundations for us to build an entire game upon.

We’ve had quite a few ‘jamming’ sessions whilst making this, the first being the god-like powers, and then, post-Gamecom, we spent time on Iota’s abilities and how they developed during the paper adventure.

Lots of really cool stuff came out of the little jams we’ve had along the way, as well as a lot of really wacky and crazy ideas that didn’t quite make it in. It’s funny because throughout this time you really get a sneak peek into the minds of our design and gameplay teams; the results could be genius, hilarious, and at times… disturbing! It’s our favourite way to work together, and it brings out the best in each person in the team. I’m looking forward to showing some of these experiments at some point!

So, what does this all mean? We’ve set ourselves a very key milestone for a few weeks from now, by which time we aim to produce our first fully playable game theme, one that will form the framework and basis for the rest of the game to be built upon. It’s an exciting time for us and there’s lots more to do!

More at http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/29/media-molecules-tearaway-developer-diary-1-jamming/

Sounds like development is coming along well. Look forward to hearing more from them. They're a really creative bunch

If you've somehow never heard of TearAway, check out the GamesCom trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK6_QvdxyXQ

Fabrik

Banned
This is the kind of game Vita needs/needed.

Edit: WOW it looks like they haven't settled on the overall game design yet? A bit early to announce your game then. It looks like the game won't be releasing for a while.

Skyzard

Banned
Sounds good*, really looking forward to this...that trailer was really striking (and the thunderstorm can't forget it).

deleted it so that it happens

*paper adventure + god-like-powers .. =]

Does seem like quite a way off though, not that I need more games atm.

So this is a mini-game driven game?

I hope they rein in on the fun proto-types. I have pretty big hopes for Media Molecule.

I'm about to get LittleBigPlanet Vita.

Top Bottom