• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 coming to PS3/PS Vita

Netto-kun

Release date: TBA
Retail price: TBA

Scan from Jump. Game will feature new characters (I spot Enel) and new stages.

Oh shit! The original did what, 650k+ in it's first week in Japan? Should be a solid boost for the Vita.

Looking forward to seeing the new features in this sequel.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Yesssssssss, Vita version is a dream. Hopefully this game tackles all the missing big first half stuff like LogueTown, Jaya/Skypeia and Thriller Bark while also packing Fishman Island and Punk Hazard for maximum musou action.

disco

Great news. I wonder which version will sell better? I actually think the Vita version may since Japan has a penchant for handhelds.

crinale

DW for Vita was quite good, except for that stupid duel part :|
I am hoping this one will turn out to be a good game.

DW for Vita was quite good, except for that stupid duel part :|
I am hoping this one will turn out to be a good game.

I don't think the forced touchscreen garbage was received well anywhere so I'm hoping they will leave it out/make it optional this time.

vareon

Speaking of One Piece, I wonder what's up with Ganbarion. After making the Wii One Piece games, they made Pandora's Tower and then disappeared.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Great announcement for PS3! It would have been a great announcement for Vita if it were exclusive, but still...better than nothing no doubt.

But I'm wondering when we'll see OP on 3DS.

are they keeping the 3D? wouldn't mind more 2D like the show. 3D didn't look so hot in the game. if no 2D. hope it looks better this time around. oh and fix the boring QTE platform.

Skyzard

Banned
It came close, but it didn't break a million.

If it made 940 000 in the first month back in march, you'd expect it to break a million by now. [edit - dunno actually (below edit)]

The game was a huge success in Japan, in its first week it sold over 655,774 copies[21] and as of March, the game has sold a total of 940,000 units.[22]

---yeah it was probably Japanese shipments though yep "unit sales" is what namco called it..

Always liked the gameplay videos I saw of One Piece, would likely import it if it ever got a US release.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nice. I hope the first did well enough on PSN for them to bring this over too.

I'll be surprised if this does anything big for Vita with PS3 pretty much being the biggest thing in Japan right now (at least for a couple more days, but second biggest is still a large part of the market), but more games are a nice thing to have.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nice. I hope the first did well enough on PSN for them to bring this over too.

I'll be surprised if this does anything big for Vita with PS3 pretty much being the biggest thing in Japan right now (at least for a couple more days, but second biggest is still a large part of the market), but more games are a nice thing to have.

Err, you mean in the home market, no? XD

The first game looked terrible. Not really looking forward to this. But i hope a good LE console desing comes out of this. The one piece ps3 was sexy as hell

Ah nice! Doubt it will be a cross-buy thing, but I'd love to have this on the Vita anyway. Enjoyed the first one for what it's worth.

Skyzard

Banned
It didn't get platinum award in Playstation show thing so it must have missed 1000k by a small margin.

Oh yeah, good point. Is it strange it sold like over 95% during the first month ? - maybe didn't sell all the copies and no more shipments I guess? :S

Top Bottom