• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best dish that involves chicken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzNKev

Banned
At first I was going to ask GAF to decide my next meal for me, but then I realized the two options I was going to present both prominently featured chicken.

Chicken is something extremely common as a part of my diet whenever meat is involved, and I imagine it's similar for plenty of other people.

So what's the best thing you've eaten that involves chicken?

TCRS

Banned
Chicken tikka masala

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tikka_masala

93923chiken_tikka_masala.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Chicken vindaloo, easily.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I had Japanese food for the first time ever this year, I ate chicken katsu. It's totally just fried chicken with some sauce but man was it good. Eating with chopsticks hurt my hand but I actually ate it slowly and enjoyed it.

Be more descriptive plz, I don't want a list thread.

Are you asking us to describe fried chicken? Fried chicken really describes itself. :p

General Tso's is also great, as is boneless fried chicken from a Chinese place, which is basically many fried chicken wings chopped up into strips, then re-fried. It's really the worst best thing you could buy with your money.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
thread needs more pics

hainanese_chicken_rice

Hainanese chicken rice.

Rice flavoured using the chicken stock, soup prepared with the chicken stock, and then the tender, juicy chicken which can mixed chilli, ginger and sweet soya sauce. Basically chicken everything.

So goddamn good.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Tikka Masala or Katsu curry are my votes. There are a lot of delicious chicken dishes out there though.

So proud of myself for knowing what Katsu is. And yes it's delicious.

Side note, if there's anything I learned from living on my own it's that shredded parmesan can make most things taste good.

Log4Girlz

hainanese_chicken_rice

Hainanese chicken rice.

Rice flavoured using the chicken stock, soup prepared with the chicken stock, and then the tender, juicy chicken which can mixed chilli, ginger and sweet soya sauce. Basically chicken everything.

So goddamn good.

I've never had this. It looks amazing.

Shadybiz

Another for chicken parm. Could eat it every day if I could. Some of the parm that restaurants will serve you is crap though, so it's easy to be misled.

As another poster mentioned, General Tso's is fantastic as well. Very rarely have I had a bad batch of that stuff.

jett

D-Member
Ají de Gallina (chili pepper chicken)
This is a shredded chicken dish in a spicy sauce flavored with cheese, garlic, nuts and Peruvian chili peppers. Served with potatoes and rice.

451897.jpg

Peruvian cuisine representin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom