• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers coming to America Spring 2013

B.K.

58yyS.png

vk1bC.png
rxO9J.png
VnFiC.png

http://www.atlus.com/soulhackers/index.html
No word on what bonuses it may have, yet.

Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIvMsK9vwFI

Preorder:
Amazon
Amazon.ca

Tentative release date - April 16, 2013

Aeana

I'm really glad they finally announced it! I can't wait for people to finally get to experience this game after all of these years.

Seda

I'm still relatively new to SMT.

I've played (to completion) Persona 3 and 4, Nocturne, and DDS1/2.

Is this like any of those?

duckroll

I'm still relatively new to SMT.

I've played (to completion) Persona 3 and 4, Nocturne, and DDS1/2.

Is this like any of those?

Not really. It's closer to Persona 1. But out of all the stuff you played, it's probably closest to Nocturne, but that's still not a good comparison.

vall03

I've been waiting for this! Etrian Odyssey IV and Soul Hackers will be my 2013 3DS games! This will get an eShop release right!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Wow awesome. Can't wait, Spring 2013 for the 3DS looks way better than Winter 2012 has been. Fire Emblem and this will keep me pretty busy.

Seda

Not really. It's closer to Persona 1. But out of all the stuff you played, it's probably closest to Nocturne, but that's still not a good comparison.

Just saw the teaser and yeah, upon that brief look, it seems like it's most similar to Nocturne (of what I've played)

I'd try out the PS2 Devil Summoner games if they weren't so expensive :/

B.K.

I'm glad I never bothered with the PS1 fan translation. I'm looking forward to going into the game fresh.

Yaaay! I've been waiting for this ... holy shit almost half of my entire life. My first case of fanboy rage was when Sony denied Soul Hackers for the PSX.

...wait it's for 3DS? Goddammit! I wanted to get a Vita and fill it with as many MegaTen games as possible. Atlus, at least bring out P2EP in English on the PSN so I can have every Persona game in one place!

Eusis

I like to call it a proto-Strange Journey because of the GUMP and stuff.
That's reassuring, though I'm enough of a blind MegaTen fan to buy it anyway.

Wasn't exactly pessimistic about this, and I'm glad to see that I wasn't proven wrong.
You can officially write off Eternal Punishment now.
You never know, but THIS I'm not optimistic for. Hope Atlus at least breaks the PS1 PSN ice with Eternal Punishment (seriously, they've got lots of stuff I'd love to see again, hopefully that isn't ALL wrecked by licensing/VA contracts), that'd be a solid way to make up for it even if it's not really optimal to go from PSP update to PS1 original clinging to some of the old names.

duckroll

Just saw the teaser and yeah, upon that brief look, it seems like it's most similar to Nocturne (of what I've played)

I'd try out the PS2 Devil Summoner games if they weren't so expensive :/

The PS2 Devil Summoner games are nothing like this either. They're more of a brand spinoff which experimented with more action driven combat.

vall03

You can officially write off Eternal Punishment now.

Ive never played Eternal Punishment, but I'd take a game that has never been localized over one that has already been localized previously. We're at the time when beggars can't be choosers when it comes to localization.

Top Bottom