• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner: New Batman Arkham game due in 2013 - rumored not developed by Rocksteady.

nickcv

edit:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/time-warner-management-discusses-q4-191012645.html

here's the Financial statement that confirms the quote, it's not a rumor anymore

---

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/12/new-batman-arkham-due-in-2013-warner-financials-suggest-rumour/

Treat this as rumour until the full report comes out, but over on the Batman: Arkham City forums a user posted what he claims to be a quote from the Time Warner financial statement.

“And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013. And with a little luck, the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012.”

VG247 own sources confirm that Rocksteady Studios is not developing this particular game.

154cc_ORIG-carlton_happy.gif

Acheteedo

Ok, but give Batman a rest after this one. Get Rocksteady on a Harry Potter game or something...

... seriously.

If Rocksteady does it, I'll be interested to see how the heck they'll improve on City as much as City improved on the (already amazing) Asylum.

JoshHood

For the moment I'd take this with a grain of salt - it's very rare for a publisher on a financial call to talk in terms of calendar rather than financial years (and somehow I doubt it's gonna be out by the end of Q4 2013 in early summer).

ZoddGutts

Shame, would have liked to see something else from them. Just hope it's not like City.

Edit: Nevermind, great non news!

Derrick01

Banned
Can we have a functioning PC port that's not delayed for no reason at all this time? And no securom stacked on to Steamworks sprinkled with GFWL either.

watershed

Banned
I wonder at what point it will start to feel like they are milking the Arkham IP? City was a good expansion of Asylum so I hope this new game can keep it up.

Mononoke

Banned
Lets just hope it's more like Asylum.

This. I still think Arkham's City's story was a mess. In fact, I kind of hope there isn't a new game in 2013. I think the amount of time they had to work on City was a contributing factor to the story being all over the place and rushed.

Top Bottom