• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Prod. Hiring for High-End Consoles/PC Metal Gear, next-gen engine

Quazar

LINK1

Kojima Productions will be returning to the GDC Career Pavilion (March 6th - 9th) to search for skillful engineers, artists, and game creators including:
・Project engineers for the latest Metal Gear Solid targeted for high-end consoles and PC
・Engineers to help develop next-gen game engine technology for use with the "FOX Engine."
・Kojima Productions Brand Manager
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please visit the Konami Group booth, #1914, in the Career Pavilion. 
We look forward to meeting lots of enthusiastic and talented candidates.

Sorry if old!

They're hiring for Level Designer, Mission Scripter, Game Designer, UI Designer, FX Artist,Cinematic Artist, Animator, Environment Artist, Character Artist, Senior Network Programmer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, Senior AI Programmer, Senior Graphics Engine Programmer, Senior Animation Engine Programmer

Volotaire

PC , hopeful for a metal gear/phantom pain/whatever it is release? Or just for programming skills?

EDIT: misread it says targeted for PC wahoo

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kojima demoing the game on a PC should tip everyone off that it's also a cross generational, next gen game.

He was also hyping up tessellation being added to FOX Engine at one point, which really isn't going to fly on 360/PS3 in a meaningful manner.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
MGS on PC? Yes please!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Honestly, I'd rather he just build with fully next-gen in mind, forget ps360 (and I say this as a PS3 owner). New gens never start until a new MGS game!

def sim

PC is the real winner in this generational switch.
smuggest.gif

Sothpaw

Next-gen excluding Wii-U probably.

And screw the comments saying that the Wii-U is not nextgen.

Oh good let's shackle the developers by having them aim for the lowest common denominator. Been dealing with that for about 5 years now and had enough thank you.

High-end consoles, is that the new 'next-gen'? I've read it three other times on GAF today.

Gaf ruined the term next gen in the wii U threads so I guess it makes sense:p

Project engineers for the latest Metal Gear Solid targeted for high-end consoles and PC
Dang :D
Now I just need similar news from Polyphony and I never need to buy a console again.

Lime

What would make Konami recognize the PC platform all of a sudden? Castlevania 2 and now MGS? Did any of their recent PC games sell that well?

StuBurns

Banned
What would make Konami recognize the PC platform all of a sudden? Castlevania 2 and now MGS? Did any of their recent PC games sell that well?
Everyone is doing it. MGS1 and 2 both came to PC anyway, it wouldn't be anything unusual.

Dennis

Banned
They are probably just hedging their bets.

No one knows how next-gen will play out or how the PC will be doing against the consoles. No sense leaving it out as an option at least.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Gamescom: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Hide...On-to-Multi-Platform-Development-153686.shtml

Softpedia said:
Speaking to VideoGamer, Shigenobu Matsuyama, the creative director for Metal Gear Solid: Rising, has said that his recent visit at Gamescom 2010 convinced him of the great potential of the Xbox 360 and the PC.

He said that embracing the Xbox 360 was “very important for the future of Japanese publishing. We see publishers - Capcom have started a little bit earlier than us - and I can say most of the Japanese studios have seen the importance of going multi-platform, and our studio as well.

“I think we're now really ready to go multi-platform at once, I mean development cycle wise. I think this will be a normal trend for Japanese studios in the future.”

Giving some attention to PC gamers is also a good idea, according to Matsuyama, given the extent of the market in Europe.

“What surprised me when I came to Germany were also the PC games," he said. "Living in Japan, PC games are not really mainstream, but seeing them here I thought that this PC area is also a place that we need to consider more seriously,” he explained.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Based on those comments, one would think that Konami had never travelled abroad during their 30-something years of existence.

Then again, they did make PC versions of their portfolio before the start of current-gen.

When PC went to digital it also became a high margin market with low distribution costs and unlimited shelf space, so I imagine that helped a lot.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Engineers to help develop next-gen game engine technology for use with the "FOX Engine."

yeah the heavy lens flares use in GZ and The Phantom Pain videos was not cool.Fox Engine need more particles.

UrbanRats

Based on those comments, one would think that Konami had never travelled abroad during their 30-something years of existence.

Then again, they did make PC versions of their portfolio before the start of current-gen.

Here comes Silent hill 2-4 on Steam/GOG.

ArjanN

When PC went to digital it also became a high margin market with low distribution costs and unlimited shelf space, so I imagine that helped a lot.

Yeah, it's not really the same situation as before.

I'm sure MGS5 will come to PC, I hope Revengeance gets ported as well though.

Top Bottom