• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Blacklist confirmed for Wii U?

From linkedin:

BD-utFZCcAAicpS.png

Guess this rumor might be true!

Tenki

Probably true. If Watch Dogs is confirmed, I don't see why this not. Wasn't it heavily rumored some time ago?

jmizzal

Probably true. If Watch Dogs is confirmed, I don't see why this not. Wasn't it heavily rumored some time ago?

This is like the 4th time we seen Splinter Cell Blacklist WiiU leak
The Blockbuster leak that we first seen ZoombiU and Marvel Avengers on
Gamespot box art
and a few retailer listings

Meelow

Banned
Considering Ubisoft seems to be giving the Wii U good support, the box cases at Gamestop and most Splinter Cells have been on Nintendo systems It seems like it.

farnham

Banned
Good thing if true. After conviction i was sure i will never buy a splinter cell game again but with so little to play on wiiu right now i might buy it anyways

Worst kept Ubi game in a while IMO, retailer listings were abundant for a long while.

Hell I believe one demo of the game a few months ago actually blurred the button prompts, might've even been white buttons (unsure of that second detail).

It's happening, no doubt. And very happy to again, see the support.

Rainbow 6 is next if GameStop's print-out release list from a couple of weeks ago is an indication, as was the first proper hint of Watch Dogs.

Now how about a late Far Cry 3 port guys? Or a late port of Future Soldier bundled with Ghost Recon Online?

Screenboy

Ubi do like showing the Wii U a bit of love don't they, it was cool they stealth announced Watch Dogs Wii U around the PS4 conference (probably to make up for the Rayman Legends escapade).

Shiggy

Yeah, it's coming. Wonder why it hasn't been officially announced. Retailers have been notified about this long ago by Ubisoft and distributors.

I'm not even sure what the point of hiding these announcements are...unless Nintendo is making 3rd parties withhold announcements

I get the feeling Nintendo struck a deal with Ubisoft. Maybe they paid for some support?

Maybe Ubisoft know generations can last 8 years now and with Nintendo on two systems in a fast changing environment; token investment is probably long term investment.

I suspect they know Nintendo will bring some of the audeince to their platforms when their releases get on track and for some it'll be the only place to sell to them.

Pociask

I'm not even sure what the point of hiding these announcements are...unless Nintendo is making 3rd parties withhold announcements

NOA is a mess. I'm willing to believe they're just not that good at selling games. What happened to the Nintendo machine, in so short a time? Uhg.

Expected. If there is any company we can expect Wii U support its Ubisoft. Aside from well published support, they have a half dozen asian studios that only do ports and support for their big tent poles.

What is the units sold break-even point? That is the ten-thousand-dollar question.

if we assume the port costs a million dollars ( probaby bit of an over estimate) and that the publisher makes $20 per copy (possibly a bit of an underestimate) break even would be 50k copies

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Also, isn't Nintendo publishing Ubisoft's U games for the Japanese market?

Who says they are hiding it? They may just not have anything to show on the port right now. It's like wondering where the PC version GTA5 is when we all know it will happen eventually.

I get the feeling Nintendo struck a deal with Ubisoft. Maybe they paid for some support?

Or maybe there's not really a good reason NOT to port a game to the Wii U. I can only see Nintendo money-hatting for exclusives, unless it's a game of GTAV's caliber.

There definitely seems to be a strong partnership between the two companies, though.

Coolwhip

Banned
if we assume the port costs a million dollars ( probaby bit of an over estimate) and that the publisher makes $20 per copy (possibly a bit of an underestimate) break even would be 50k copies

It's probably more though, I can't imagine so many developers refusing Wii U ports if the risk was that low.

BD1

Banned

I think it's ridiculous if true, but Nintendo does love the Direct format. Maybe they want to keep game announcements tied to those?

It's probably more though, I can't imagine so many developers refusing Wii U ports if the risk was that low.
It's mostly because of the marketing and that firstly they need to have their engine running; once the engine is there, porting future games shouldn't cost most, considering it's mostly grunt programming work.

Zaventem

Cool i guess but this game just gives off "wait till $10 if desperate" vibes.. nothing about it looks good and i won't recommend anyone to preorder it on any platform.

NotLiquid

I think it's ridiculous if true, but Nintendo does love the Direct format. Maybe they want to keep game announcements tied to those?

If that constantly talked about supposed "third party Wii U direct" is going to happen I can see them showing this, but it seems to have not been a thing, apart from the 3DS Direct.

Doubt it's going to be on E3. Microsoft will probably try to secure that showcase if they even want to show it there to a bigger deal of capacity.

It is not just about the money. Its about the resources. Having 10+ people dedicated to a 4th version of the game (including PC here) is just not practical for most devs if they want to meet their certification date and expected quality. While they may be able to farm it out, those relationships can be tough because the few who are ghood at it may already be on projects for others. Ubisoft can though, because they are fucking enormous and have more than a dozen studios worldwide. At every moment of the day there is some team of people in the world continually working on Blacklist, the new AC, everything.

Top Bottom