• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell Blacklist confirmed for Wii U?

Meelow

Banned
HipHopGamer said back in May that he knows Splinter Cell is coming to Wii U and according to what he heard the difference graphically "may be bigger than the difference between the PS2 and Xbox version of SC"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BtYM4miqaI

11:43

I'm personally not taking anyone's word yet until I see it in person.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.

Thanks!

Money quote: "And for the other five games, you are talking about small budget, I’d say of less than a million euro to make some of the ports, I’d estimate. So together I don’t think we have a huge investment on the Wii U.”

---

You know, that's almost too good to be true. At that rate Nintendo could offer to bankroll each and every important 3rd Party release and still be waaaay better off for it.

Sadist

Apparently Ubisoft worked on a Wii U (plus 360/PS3) version of Beyond Good & Evil 2.

http://nintendoeverything.com/114216/staffer-lists-having-worked-on-beyond-good-evil-2/

beyond_good_and_evil_2_listing.png

pvpness

Does anybody know if Blacklist has been confirmed for the PS4/Durango yet? I thought I read it was, but I can't find official confirmation out there.

It's Ubisoft, they've been pimping the Wii U since day 1.

Only crappy thing they've done to Nintendo is delay the Rayman Legends Wii U release to port it to the other consoles.

Other than that they're fully onboard the Wii U hype train, for better or worse.

They're probably the only western 3rd party still commiting resources to major day and date releases at the same time with the other consoles.

Others are just paying lip service or committed to late ass ports at this point.

They didn't bother to buy them at launch with no major first party competition, what makes you think they will when Nintendo actually starts releasing games?

none of ubi's launch multiplats appealed to me one bit though there are multiplats and ports coming to wiiu from various devs (including ubi) that i will be getting

If Watch_Dogs is coming to WiiU, why not Splinter Cell as well?

well Watch Dogs is a big hit, it will outsell SC any day, SC isn't in the spot where it can be on PS3/X360/PC and Next Gen like WiiU/PS4/X720

Of course one would argue that Watch Dogs is a new IP, and a new IP is exactly what everyone is asking, evident with the buzz surrounding it, along with the high views of the E3 demo on youtube.

Of course this is just what I think.

At this point it's safe to say that all upcoming Ubisoft's games that are cross gen to 360/PS3 will get the Wii U treatment as well.

All the franchises have been accounted for, why they're keeping it under wraps is still baffling though.

ticl

Banned
NOA is a mess. I'm willing to believe they're just not that good at selling games. What happened to the Nintendo machine, in so short a time? Uhg.

forbes released this month their most successful companies in the world [electronics]. nintendo was number 1 followed by apple. nintendo doesnt have a problem. they just need games released just like every other next gen will. sorry by the way nintendo was so far ahead of sony and microsoft it wasnt even funny. nintendo knows how to make money. sony is drowning in debt and ms is even worse. you do know who forbes is?

TheNatural

My Member!
none of ubi's launch multiplats appealed to me one bit though there are multiplats and ports coming to wiiu from various devs (including ubi) that i will be getting

Assassins Creed is their biggest franchise, its newest game came out at the same exact time as other platforms, it was a launch game for Wii U - and still sold like shit.

I'm not sure what else Ubi Soft can do to make any sort of impact. I doubt they money invested at launch had any type of return.

This isn't a new thing either. Not like Splinter Cell did anything on Gamecube or Wii. Gamecube with failed connectivity features especially.

Low budget Rayman games and maybe sequels to Zombii U, since the engine is already established, is what I bet ends up being the end support for Wii U.

At this point it's safe to say that all upcoming Ubisoft's games that are cross gen to 360/PS3 will get the Wii U treatment as well.

All the franchises have been accounted for, why they're keeping it under wraps is still baffling though.

i guess announcing the wii u versions later gives an excuse for extra media coverage of the game

Assassins Creed is their biggest franchise, its newest game came out at the same exact time as other platforms, it was a launch game for Wii U - and still sold like shit.

I'm not sure what else Ubi Soft can do to make any sort of impact. I doubt they money invested at launch had any type of return.

This isn't a new thing either. Not like Splinter Cell did anything on Gamecube or Wii. Gamecube with failed connectivity features especially.

Low budget Rayman games and maybe sequels to Zombii U, since the engine is already established, is what I bet ends up being the end support for Wii U.

if what ubi says about porting costs is true then i'm sure assassins creed at least turned a profit for them, personally the setting of the game put me off

Zero148

so some of Ubi's finest games? I'm okay with that

TheNatural

My Member!
if what ubi says about porting costs is true then i'm sure assassins creed at least turned a profit for them

Many of the launch games did in the thousands, with tens of thousands for a handful. Counting things like distribution and royalty fees, I really doubt any third party was happy with launch sales, except maybe the Scribblenauts guys.

Many of the launch games did in the thousands. Counting things like distribution and royalty fees, I really doubt any third party was happy with launch sales, except maybe the Scribblenauts guys.

how about sega, the wii u version of sonic racing was the biggest seller

I find it hard to believe porting games over to WiiU is so cheap or else you have to wonder why Nintendo didn't invest even $10 million for 5 ports of things like MGRR, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and GTA V.

Would have made the first half of 2013 much more attractive to potential customers.

not exactly good for business though if 3rd parties think they dont need to bother porting games themselves because nintendo will just pick up the tab

TheNatural

My Member!

If the Wii U version was it's biggest seller, all I can say is Sega is lucky they're not completely out of business at this point. Look up the past three NPD threads and look at the sales figures that were deduced for third parties.

A launch title version outsold versions on userbases in the millions.

Time to consider Nintendo-exclusivity for Sonic, like you should have at least when Mario & Sonic sold 10 million.

The next Sonic game better be Wii U exclusive. Secret Rings IIRC sold 2 million back in 2007.

Top Bottom