• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement Season Pass - $20 - 6 maps, 2 modes, perm 2x XP

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
http://epicgames.com/community/2013/02/judgment-vip-season-pass-big-savings-exclusive-content/

The VIP Season Pass for “Judgment” will be available at launch for 1600 Microsoft points, providing players with a more than 20 percent discount across a broad range of content, including six multiplayer maps, two new modes and nine exclusive unlocks.

The VIP Season Pass is the only way you can score a permanent double XP boost as well as a cache of exclusive armor and weapon skins, and it is your only chance to get a jump on the competition with exclusive, early access to all Game Add-on multiplayer maps. With the VIP Season Pass you will get:

• Two upcoming Game Add-on Packs that include six multiplayer maps, two new modes, and new weapon and armor skins
  • Early access to Game Add-on multiplayer maps so you can be the first to play
  • A permanent double XP boost to accelerate your ascent through the ranks
  • Five exclusive weapon skins and four exclusive armor skins

Double xp boost?

Unfortunately this means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

wrog

Plus there will be free multiplayer DLC, thanks to Maxim.

Microsoft, Epic Games and MAXIM are delivering even more adrenaline-fueled action to “Gears” fans with the upcoming post-launch release of two free, MAXIM-sponsored multiplayer maps – Haven and Capitol – as well as Execution Mode.

http://www.maxim.com/gaming/maxim-s-gears-of-war-maps-revealed

news0225_haven_article1.jpg

news0225_haven_article2.jpg

news0225_haven_article3.jpg

Omega

Banned
Double xp boost?

Unfortunately this means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
so true

MS is genius. They will make so much money from just achievement whores, not to mention the other legit players

news0225_haven_article2.jpg

These character skins are getting ridiculous
KuGsj.gif

Gears 3 season pass was more expensive, but it actually had a pretty decent amount of content

RoKKeR

I think the line "won't get fooled again" applies here.

Gears 3 season pass was a huge mistake. Just never played the maps.

robot

Permanent Double XP is sooooo dirty.

I wonder what Cliffy B has to say about this one! New thread!

I have bought Coin Doubles in iOS games bepfre, but those game were FREE TO START WITH.

So, instead of me effectively giving the developers a tip for their work, this is like the publisher saying "fuck you you massive twat"

Why don't they call it like it is? You get 1/2 XP if you don't buy the season pass. Lame. Not a chance Microsoft. Not a chance.

charsace

Gears 3 was the best game in regards to balance and overall gameplay. The season pass messed things up by segregating the community.

Z_Y

Just a friendly reminder that if you pre-order through the MS store you get a 1600 point code for free. Might take the sting out of this a bit.

I loathe this season pass shit though.

padlock

Double XP = Pay To Win

This is the kind of shit that puts me off video games entirely. I hope it bombs miserably.

TheChits

I've put countless hours into every gears game, but I can't get interested in Judgement. This is certainly helping me stay away

Have there been any season passes that have turned out good for the consumer? real question.

All I hear about are the horror stories, since I would never buy one.

Have there been any season passes that have turned out good for the consumer? real question.

All I hear about are the horror stories, since I would never buy one.

L.A. Noire's was really solid. 8,99€ for all DLC cases (except one pre-order case) and other shit iirc

BF3 Premium has been fantastic. Other than that, all of them have burned me.

The DLC was/is pretty good, but it didn't help that all the included maps are complete garbage. So you were pretty much forced to drop another 50 buck to get any enjoyment out of the game.

Also, LOL permanent double XP. are they serious?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Gears 3 Season Pass was definitely worth it - can't speak for any other games, but I did hear that plenty other people got reamed hard in other games.

And if Gears 3 is anything to go by, nobody will need to worry about not having double XP, since you get so much XP after each match, especially in Ranked.

Nice to see that we're getting free maps again too.

Top Bottom