• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 should take a break from the Halo trilogy and make a spin off

Proelite

Would love to see a ODST sequel with iron sights, or third person Halo game.

Halo Wars sequel would be welcomed too.

This gives them a chance to take some risks and do some exploration, both with gameplay and story. They can also get their hands dirty improving their engine on Durango. Lessons learned, good ideas would be used in Halo 5. IMO it can potentially lead to a better Halo 5 going this route.

What kind of things can they do for a spin off?

Enfinit

They should really focus on the game they have now, as well as Halo 5, instead of focusing on a spin-off.

Although an ODST-esque title would be welcomed in my house.

Casanova

Too late now. Halo 5 is already well into production and more than likely is set to release as a launch title with the next gen console releases later this year.

Halo 5 and 6 are already set in stone. Everyone thought Spartan Ops was going to be their spin off, but all it turned out to be was crappy missions cut from the campaign while playing as the Master Chief in different armor.

Spongebob

Banned

This gives them a chance to take some risks and do some exploration, both with gameplay and story. Lessons learned, good ideas would be used in Halo 5. IMO it can potentially lead to a better Halo 5 going this route.

This would make a lot of Halo fans angry.

Proelite, 343 were solely created to make the next Halo trilogy (4,5 and 6).

GavinGT

Banned
They need to get the series back on track with a mainline entry that brings everyone back to Halo and encourages them to stay. An ODST style spin-off would only cause the series to further stagnate, even if it eventually resulted in a more capable studio.

I think a lot of the campaign problems will be resolved with new hardware. And I'm sure they're addressing the other areas that need improvement. I'm excited to see where they take it, because I think they did pretty damn well with their first attempt. They certainly didn't please everyone, though.

IHaveIce

Banned
They should try to fix Halo 4 somehow then start thinking how to do a next game in the universe.

Here is my tip 343 Halo 2 HD with multiplayer on the nextbox, with theater mode.

I want a Halo kart racing game where you race around a Halo trying to kill each other. It'd be like Death Race from F-Zero X!!

Axspell

Neo Member
It would be nice to see them do this inside the trilogy. The preconceived notion that a trilogy has to be this dry, clean and sparkly trio of products that are all aesthetically similar and wrapped up in a tight little bow is so trite. Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 & 3 are excellent examples of straying from it, and it's damn awesome.

Fotos

They should try to fix Halo 4 somehow then start thinking how to do a next game in the universe.

Here is my tip 343 Halo 2 HD with multiplayer on the nextbox, with theater mode.

Don't forget to include sprint,AA's, Ordnance, and random weapon spawns.

Proelite

Shitty tip. It would take a lot of work to make theater mode work with legacy codebase.

"Hey, baby. ADS is infecting competitive shooters, and all you need is an I.

Wait, fuck."

-Microsoft to 343, unknown date

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Too late now. Halo 5 is already well into production and more than likely is set to release as a launch title with the next gen console releases later this year.
Uuuuuh no, halo 5 is not coming out this year.

An open-world RPG-esque spinoff would be neat.

But the sad reality is that COD had already established the successful business model for mega popular FPS (yearly releases of sequels). I expect 343i to be a Halo factory.

wwm0nkey

Halo 2 HD for the launch of the new Xbox to show off what Halo can look like on next gen and then Halo 5 in 2014 and Halo Wars 2 or ODST2 in 2015 and finish off with Halo 6 in 2016 and then they can do a spinoff series after that.

Proelite

Halo 2 HD for the launch of the new Xbox to show off what Halo can look like on next gen and then Halo 5 in 2014 and Halo Wars 2 or ODST2 in 2015 and finish off with Halo 6 in 2016 and then they can do a spinoff series after that.

Would look shitty compared to a real Halo 5.

Compare Halo Anniversary with 4.

Improving Legacy Codebase is a tall order.

Cynar

This gives them a chance to take some risks and do some exploration, both with gameplay and story. Lessons learned, good ideas would be used in Halo 5. IMO it can potentially lead to a better Halo 5 going this route.

No iron sights. NO. GO AWAY! :mad:

IHaveIce

Banned
Also Halo 5 shouldn't put all the efforts in graphics and visuals if fps and the size of campaign levels suffer under it again. ( Halo 4 complaint)

Ominym

Banned
I'd much prefer they get to work on fixing their mistakes and learning from Halo 4, before they begin working other projects.

Fotos

The first trilogy collection to release with the next Xbox. Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 all remastered. Includes all maps from all 3 games. Multiplayer is a mix of Halo 2 style and Halo 3.

Usobuko

Banned
Was 343i not hailed as one of the most talented studio in this industry by virtue of acquiring many developers from renown studios and put them all together in one place? The similar approach to how Microsoft did to build up their new studios. How does the reception of Halo 4 justified this notion? Sold $220m in one day, isn't it?

wwm0nkey

Would look shitty compared to a real Halo 5.

Compare Halo Anniversary with 4.

Improving Legacy Codebase is a tall order.
Wasn't Saber only working on that for like a year or two? I mean no disrespect for Saber but I am sure if they got a bigger team they could do it. Hell I would be honestly fine with just a HD re release on XBLA w/ 60FPS

Idk man, normal human soldiers shouldn't be able to aim like Spartans do.

They should have more recoil but be able to aim the same.

Soulflarz

Banned
Erm
Whats your source??? A halo game? 1 yr after the last? I dony trust that dev cycle o_O

Booshka

343 should dig into the game code annals of Microsoft Game Studios like its a Forerunner structure and find the 4-5 unfinished maps for Shadowrun and finish them. Put them out as a re-release edition of Shadowrun for $20.

My dreams at least.

In reality I don't really care what they do, hopefully they make better Halo, but if not, whatever. Halo 4 campaign bored me very quickly and the multiplayer is nonsense.

Assuming sparatan ops season 2 is a no-go, they could be having those devs working on something new. A follow-up to ODST would be cool.

IHaveIce

Banned
Was 343i not hailed as one of the most talented studio in this industry by virtue of acquiring many developers from renown studios and put them all together in one place? The similar approach to how Microsoft did to build up their new studios. How does the reception of Halo 4 justified this notion? Sold $220m in one day, isn't it?
Top developers and names in the team are no help in selling the product, alone the name "Halo 4" did most of the sales, the developers should be held for the current population of the game
Halo 4-2, 360 + durango with crossplatform MP - this fall. For serious.

same multiplayer as Halo 4? I'm out

Top Bottom