• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Halo game is reportedly in development on Unreal Engine 5 at 343 Industries

Shubh_C63

Certain Affinity is making a Halo-Extraction shooter ?
It's sad how Bungie is going to eat their lunch, and all others as well.

Halo Infinite² will release in 2028 with MS' new console Xbox Uni.

Last edited:

What do you mean Bungie is going to eat their lunch? I don't get the connection between the two?

I'd say that's two far out I'd go for a 2026 release but I guess it depends how long they've been working on it and how big the team is now after the layoffs?

FireFly

It's rumoured to a Battle Royale, not an extraction shooter.

Shubh_C63

What do you mean Bungie is going to eat their lunch? I don't get the connection between the two?

I'd say that's two far out I'd go for a 2026 release but I guess it depends how long they've been working on it and how big the team is now after the layoffs?
Bungie is also making Marathon, an extraction shooter.

It's rumoured to a Battle Royale, not an extraction shooter.
Tatanka is being co-developed by Certain Affinity, a studio that has worked on Halo for quite some time, and is reportedly a mix of battle royale and extraction shooter.

FireFly

Ok, I missed that part of the OP. But we still know basically nothing about how the game's mechanics work and how it will compare to Bungie's new title.

JackMcGunns

It's the best engine in the industry so...

dumb-and-dumber-uh.gif

So? you mean you're not going to lead a narrative where this is bad news? why not?

I know 343i gets shit on constantly but they just aren't a good developer and despite Halo Infinite playing well (when hit registration actually fucking works) they overall have drug Halo through the mud. The only good thing they did was Halo 4 Cortana being hot. Halo 4 was bad, Halo 5 was terrible, and Halo Infinite while the best of the 3 is still a shadow of the original games.

Halo is one of my favorite franchises of all time, and I still play Halo Infinite multiplayer because I enjoy the overall gameplay but my hopes aren't high for anything new. That being said I will still at the minimum try anything new in the franchise because of that love in hopes that it can be good again.

I recently came across a channel that has some videos that really fit my sentiment spot on. Both are 2 parts but I'll link part 1 of each.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Have not seen such a well realised “everything is good, I have concern that we are choosing between a great option full of hope and another great option… wow everything is so good” spiel like from you yet.

“343 actually delivered, game is in great shape, etc…” sure buddy, sure. Yeah, people on Xbox making their own brand new campaigns with alternate biomes, adding co-op, etc… at this point you must be a community manager or something, waste too much energy to do it for free and I do not think people get so delusional (maybe it is me and my wishful thinking, maybe fanboys do get this delusional…).

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Nothing in the post you quoted warrants this level of snark, tone it down jeese.

Top Bottom